Rikki Gins Lounge > Collections and Collectibles

The Postcard Thread

(1/589) > >>

Rikki Gins:
Hello all.  Here is a postcard of Wyatt Earp that I purchased from the post office about 25 years ago.  It is part of a set and I never got around to sending any of them, so enjoy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins:
Here is a first, for me anyway.  A postcard from a comic strip.  Out Our Way was a popular newspaper strip back in the 1940's and 50's.  On the back of the unused card are the words Series 1, and a code that says W 508.

albrecht:

--- Quote from: Rikki Gins on July 09, 2018, 06:48:15 PM ---Here is a first, for me anyway.  A postcard from a comic strip.  Out Our Way was a popular newspaper strip back in the 1940's and 50's.  On the back of the unused card are the words Series 1, and a code that says W 508.

--- End quote ---

Weird. Are those ranch brands, hobo symbology, or ancient "sand-script" on the margins?

Rikki Gins:

--- Quote from: albrecht on July 09, 2018, 06:54:25 PM ---Weird. Are those ranch brands, hobo symbology, or ancient "sand-script" on the margins?

--- End quote ---

I wonder.  I found a different postcard on line from the same comic strip.  It had other symbols on the margins though none of them repeat.  Ha, perhaps it's some type of Masonic code?

WeinerInHand:
Welcome back! Your posts on this thread have always given me much entertainment and I thank you for it. Also, I am sorry that you lost all of that hard work that had put into Bellgab.
Praise BE!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version