Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 356815 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #2400 on: February 15, 2022, 07:11:28 PM »
Sad news, he was a very gifted writer. He was great as a writer for "National Lampoon" early in his career, but I really grew to appreciate him when he wrote for car magazines like "Car and Driver."

Maybe that's where I remember that name, National Lampoon...
Eh, nevermind...

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2401 on: February 17, 2022, 12:20:46 PM »

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2402 on: February 17, 2022, 12:25:27 PM »

“Rush Limbaugh died a year ago today, on February 17, 2021. It seems a fitting occasion to remember, in good humor, philosophic levity, and political gravity some of the highlights of his remarkable American life...”

https://amgreatness.com/2022/02/16/the-socrates-of-the-airwaves-remembering-rush-limbaugh/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #2403 on: February 17, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »
“Rush Limbaugh died a year ago today, on February 17, 2021. It seems a fitting occasion to remember, in good humor, philosophic levity, and political gravity some of the highlights of his remarkable American life...”

https://amgreatness.com/2022/02/16/the-socrates-of-the-airwaves-remembering-rush-limbaugh/

The empty space can still be felt across the country. The Republican leadership in DC is rudderless. Limbaugh was a presence that forced the establishment R’s to address issues. Today they just hide in the sand. MIA on the happenings in Canada, On the failed “vaccines”, On pants shitter Biden’s disastrous foreign policy blunders, On exploding inflation. The McConnells of DC look at everything like Democrats, how can we capitalize on this politically.

Limbaugh brought humor and optimism to a subject that most treat with pessimism and anger. His voice and his attitude are greatly missed.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2404 on: February 17, 2022, 12:34:14 PM »

Maybe they found evidence of a prostitute/"special visitor" and, combining it with a head injury... Humm.

I get it that the family doesn't want photos out, but the entire record???
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2405 on: February 17, 2022, 12:36:35 PM »
Anybody notice that, since Limbaugh's death, shit has been hitting the fan a lot more?

His audience was three times what his show's time slot has now... There's 18 million reasons right there.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2406 on: February 17, 2022, 12:56:09 PM »
The empty space can still be felt across the country. The Republican leadership in DC is rudderless. Limbaugh was a presence that forced the establishment R’s to address issues. Today they just hide in the sand. MIA on the happenings in Canada, On the failed “vaccines”, On pants shitter Biden’s disastrous foreign policy blunders, On exploding inflation. The McConnells of DC look at everything like Democrats, how can we capitalize on this politically.

Limbaugh brought humor and optimism to a subject that most treat with pessimism and anger. His voice and his attitude are greatly missed.
Nice assessment.  AM radio hasn’t been the same since his passing.  Nothing even close.  The DC Swamp is one larger, corrupt, self-serving monster.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2407 on: February 17, 2022, 01:01:18 PM »
Anybody notice that, since Limbaugh's death, shit has been hitting the fan a lot more?

His audience was three times what his show's time slot has now... There's 18 million reasons right there.
I don’t know why anyone would listen to Suck Bexton and Clay.  Two milk toast, chattering, ninnies.

Thanks, Julie!

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2408 on: February 17, 2022, 01:09:56 PM »
Maybe they found evidence of a prostitute/"special visitor" and, combining it with a head injury... Humm.

I get it that the family doesn't want photos out, but the entire record???
This guy would have been all over this case. ;)

“Just too many loose ends.  It doesn’t add up!”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #2409 on: February 17, 2022, 02:18:51 PM »
Nice assessment.  AM radio hasn’t been the same since his passing.  Nothing even close.  The DC Swamp is one larger, corrupt, self-serving monster.

At this point we just have to feel privileged to have been around during the 90s and the height of AM radio with Rush and Art. Their replacements are laughable garbage. There are plenty of alternatives who would’ve been better. But instead AM is stuck with controlled corporate plopposition.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2410 on: February 18, 2022, 08:03:39 AM »
At this point we just have to feel privileged to have been around during the 90s and the height of AM radio with Rush and Art. Their replacements are laughable garbage. There are plenty of alternatives who would’ve been better. But instead AM is stuck with controlled corporate plopposition.

Right.  I keep listening for someone to step into the breach.   A lot of hopefuls, but sadly, not even one leads the pack, in my opinion.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2411 on: February 18, 2022, 08:30:05 AM »
Right.  I keep listening for someone to step into the breach.   A lot of hopefuls, but sadly, not even one leads the pack, in my opinion.
@paladin1991

Dan Bongino was my choice. He's made it clear that he is not renewing his contract with Cumulus radio, so his show is doomed and new stations aren't starting up with him. He has a couple of really annoying flaws, repeating a joke way too long. So, he'll say something that was semi-funny once, 40 times over the next 2 minutes.  He will also interrupt himself on a serious topic and start talking about his engineer eating a sandwich or something.

He's a smart guy, just annoying at times.

9-12 PT
http://tun.in/serfb
https://www.kabc.com/listenlive
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2412 on: February 18, 2022, 09:19:43 AM »
Rush and Art were broadcast professionals first, and political/UFO experts second.  They knew how to be entertaining.  The new folks don’t, except, of course sNoory, though his entertainment value is inadvertent.
Merry Christmas

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2413 on: February 18, 2022, 12:10:02 PM »
@paladin1991

Dan Bongino was my choice. He's made it clear that he is not renewing his contract with Cumulus radio, so his show is doomed and new stations aren't starting up with him. He has a couple of really annoying flaws, repeating a joke way too long. So, he'll say something that was semi-funny once, 40 times over the next 2 minutes.  He will also interrupt himself on a serious topic and start talking about his engineer eating a sandwich or something.

He's a smart guy, just annoying at times.

9-12 PT
http://tun.in/serfb
https://www.kabc.com/listenlive
Guess he will be youtube only.  I, too, listen to Bongino, but it's the same with me as you said.  I really don't give a shit that his engineer is eating a sardine and onion sandwich.  On rye.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #2414 on: February 18, 2022, 12:28:29 PM »
I don’t mind Bongino but I don’t make the effort to seek out his show. I’ve recently started to watch/listen to the Rubin Report. He’s a mellow guy. Not as edgy or funny as Rush but he is fairly uplifting and I think his mild approach is one that could draw in people from the other side of the isle.

With the occasional RazörFist mixed in.