Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 359046 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #2445 on: March 06, 2022, 10:21:25 AM »
Tim Considine, Mike on My Three Sons, 81.
Merry Christmas

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2446 on: March 06, 2022, 11:06:23 AM »
Mitchell Ryan has died at the age of 88.  There will now be a brief pause so that everyone can say who the hell was Mitchell Ryan?  He was an actor that was in quite a few productions but perhaps he was best known for playing the character Burke Devlin in the soap opera Dark Shadows.  He played the role for one year at which time the producers fired his ass because he drank too much.  Well, that's all fine and well, but the guy who replaced him was butt-ugly terrible.  Comparable to Bewitched when the first great Darrin (Dick York) was replaced by the horrible second Darrin (Dick Sargent).  I am a big Dark Shadows fan, so his passing means something to me.  God Bless you Mitchell.  May you rest in peace.

The time is right for a true  Dark Shadows reboot. Not as a movie. Not as a  limited event series.  Not as a weekly show with 13 episodes per season or similar crap on a UHF channel.

But as an everyday low budget daytime soap opera on ABC the way it was meant to be, with commercials selling real products such as  toothpaste, cars, soap, and coffee. No insurance or pharmaceutical ads. No political ads. No goddamn weather update interruptions. No goddamed Life Alert! Shoot me!

We want, we demand, an old fashioned gothic soap opera, marketing with vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and "the severed mummified  hand of glory" in a box. Melodramatic horror. Overacting. Questionable set lighting. Rushed script writing. Continuity errors. The whole ball of wax. That's what we want.

Network execs are so dense, overlooking obvious formulas like this  that would still kill.

The show would automatically  trend everywhere when boomers learned of a 30 minute timeslot that did not allow annoying fucking commercials pushing another drug or health insurance or bathroom remodeling yahoos who look like funeral home directors with shower stalls that look like a set location from Phantasm.

The goal would be to match the original Dark Shadows run of 1,225 episodes.

But no one has the spine, nor the balls, nor the brains, nor the patience, to do it correctly.

An old fashioned structure, but enhanced by streaming / binging alternatives.

It would be huge.

But noooooooo. Give us another mindless talk show that sucks every particle of oxygen from my atmosphere of existence.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2447 on: March 06, 2022, 06:16:12 PM »
The time is right for a true  Dark Shadows reboot. Not as a movie. Not as a  limited event series.  Not as a weekly show with 13 episodes per season or similar crap on a UHF channel.

But as an everyday low budget daytime soap opera on ABC the way it was meant to be, with commercials selling real products such as  toothpaste, cars, soap, and coffee. No insurance or pharmaceutical ads. No political ads. No goddamn weather update interruptions. No goddamed Life Alert! Shoot me!

We want, we demand, an old fashioned gothic soap opera, marketing with vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and "the severed mummified  hand of glory" in a box. Melodramatic horror. Overacting. Questionable set lighting. Rushed script writing. Continuity errors. The whole ball of wax. That's what we want.

Network execs are so dense, overlooking obvious formulas like this  that would still kill.

The show would automatically  trend everywhere when boomers learned of a 30 minute timeslot that did not allow annoying fucking commercials pushing another drug or health insurance or bathroom remodeling yahoos who look like funeral home directors with shower stalls that look like a set location from Phantasm.

The goal would be to match the original Dark Shadows run of 1,225 episodes.

But no one has the spine, nor the balls, nor the brains, nor the patience, to do it correctly.

An old fashioned structure, but enhanced by streaming / binging alternatives.

It would be huge.

But noooooooo. Give us another mindless talk show that sucks every particle of oxygen from my atmosphere of existence.

What he said.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2448 on: March 06, 2022, 06:17:18 PM »
They’ll need someone as hot as Maggie Evans.  And a whiny brat like Carolyn.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2449 on: March 07, 2022, 09:25:35 PM »
Humm... Last Star Trek pilot actress dies...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/laurel-goodwin-dies-elvis-presley-224629964.html

What about the blonde that Roddenberry wanted to fuck, she refused and was fired?  Maybe not in the pilot.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2450 on: March 10, 2022, 01:10:29 AM »
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2451 on: March 10, 2022, 07:48:21 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/laurel-goodwin-dies-elvis-presley-224629964.html

What about the blonde that Roddenberry wanted to fuck, she refused and was fired?  Maybe not in the pilot.

From what I've read, Roddenberry would have fucked a knot hole in a tree.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2452 on: March 10, 2022, 07:58:55 AM »

I’m not sure who you are referring to.  Susan Oliver?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She’s been dead for over 30 years. 
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2453 on: March 10, 2022, 08:05:22 AM »
I’m not sure who you are referring to.  Susan Oliver?

She’s been dead for over 30 years.
Grace Lee Whitley... I thought it was Roddenberry, it may have been, but they only say that it was an unnamed executive it assaulted her.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Lee_Whitney

Hahahaha!

Are you saying Majel Barrett's acting skills were tree-like?
😁😁😁
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2454 on: March 10, 2022, 09:00:42 AM »
Grace Lee Whitley... I thought it was Roddenberry, it may have been, but they only say that it was an unnamed executive it assaulted her.

Hahahaha!

😁😁😁
Oh, Yeoman Rand. Kirk’s hottie. Nice!

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2455 on: March 10, 2022, 09:03:59 AM »

Definitely where no man should have gone before.  :-X

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2456 on: March 10, 2022, 09:18:45 AM »

Hahahaha!

😁😁😁

I thought she got the boot due to alcoholism.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2457 on: March 10, 2022, 11:17:21 AM »
Entemann bakery guy
https://news.yahoo.com/charles-entenmann-helped-bring-baked-162805824.html

Fuuuuuck.  That guy made my morning more times than I could remember.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2458 on: March 10, 2022, 11:19:41 AM »

I remember at one of the Cons, a heated discussion re:  Roddenberry hiring Nichelle Nicholls because he was into smoked meat and big tits.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2459 on: March 10, 2022, 09:25:25 PM »
I remember at one of the Cons, a heated discussion re:  Roddenberry hiring Nichelle Nicholls because he was into smoked meat and big tits.

He was boinking her before ST, she was in an episode of his previous series, "The Lieutenant."  She shows up at about the 9:25 mark.  Interestingly, this episode never aired as part of the series because NBC executives felt its heavy racial overtones were too controversial for 1963.