Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 356750 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #3450 on: November 30, 2023, 11:05:08 AM »
Is this an "I told you so" moment. I guess it kind of is, considering the check boxes of the killer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hollywood-social-justice-warrior-killed-by-homeless-woman-own-home
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #3451 on: November 30, 2023, 12:31:54 PM »
It is not. He had some huge aerials and of course Heather's place right close by.  Just some other random nutters compound out that way.  I like the umbrella out in there in the scrub. Must be a nice place to have some lemonade when it's 110 out.

Thanks, Walks.  The missing antennas was what I noticed, but thought they might have been taken down/sold since his death. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3452 on: November 30, 2023, 01:06:23 PM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3453 on: November 30, 2023, 01:25:10 PM »
Elliott Erwitt - famous photographer of show girls in the 50s and dogs in the 70s - 95.

Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3454 on: November 30, 2023, 02:19:32 PM »
Not exaggerating here, they were talking about Ozzy Osbourne on a station, went to a commercial break and went right back to some Ozzy music. My first thought was check this thread to see if he had died. Now, I will go to Google.

I wonder who owns 9031. Buying a lot, digging a basement and putting a prefab on it has been a pipe dream of mine.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3455 on: November 30, 2023, 04:52:37 PM »
I see Levi Walker died last week at 81.   He was best known as Chief Noc-a-homa the Atlanta Braves mascot for two decades.

And Florida author Tim Dorsey - 62.
Merry Christmas

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #3456 on: November 30, 2023, 07:14:24 PM »
Kissinger is no more.  Aged 100.

A lot of the mystique around Kissenger, especially relative to his love life, came from an early 70s book entitled, "Kissenger...The Adventures of Super-Kraut." The book's author, a guy named Chuck Ashman, was one of most notorious con men/maniacs of his day.  He falsely claimed to be a law school (University of Tennessee) graduate and to have studied at Oxford (or was it Cambridge?.  He installed himself as Dean of an unaccredited law school.  He was found guilty of fraud for a check kiting scheme, and later spent a couple years confined in a mental institution. He had the uncanny ability to talk himself into a number high profile jobs he was unqualified for, only to get fired when his employers discovered he was a lunatic.

Not long after "Super-kraut" was published, he somehow convinced the management at St. Louis' KMOX radio, a very respectable 50K watt station that pioneered talk radio, to put him on the air as a talk host.  The guy was out of his mind, a fact evident to even a 16 year old Duke.  He lasted only a couple months. For the next several years he wrote a series of sensational (as in a "National Enquirer" way) books.  Amazingly, in the late 80s, one of his books was instrumental in exposing former UN Secretary General and Austrian President Kurt Waldheim's SS role against Jews in WW2.

If Ashman is still alive, he'd be around 90.  He'd be a hoot to talk to.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3457 on: November 30, 2023, 07:45:39 PM »
A lot of the mystique around Kissenger, especially relative to his love life, came from an early 70s book entitled, "Kissenger...The Adventures of Super-Kraut." The book's author, a guy named Chuck Ashman, was one of most notorious con men/maniacs of his day.  He falsely claimed to be a law school (University of Tennessee) graduate and to have studied at Oxford (or was it Cambridge?.  He installed himself as Dean of an unaccredited law school.  He was found guilty of fraud for a check kiting scheme, and later spent a couple years confined in a mental institution. He had the uncanny ability to talk himself into a number high profile jobs he was unqualified for, only to get fired when his employers discovered he was a lunatic.

Not long after "Super-kraut" was published, he somehow convinced the management at St. Louis' KMOX radio, a very respectable 50K watt station that pioneered talk radio, to put him on the air as a talk host.  The guy was out of his mind, a fact evident to even a 16 year old Duke.  He lasted only a couple months. For the next several years he wrote a series of sensational (as in a "National Enquirer" way) books.  Amazingly, in the late 80s, one of his books was instrumental in exposing former UN Secretary General and Austrian President Kurt Waldheim's SS role against Jews in WW2.

Super Kraut?  Love life? Kissenger?   Don't tell me there was a Milton Berle thing going on there.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #3458 on: November 30, 2023, 08:42:29 PM »
Super Kraut?  Love life? Kissenger?   Don't tell me there was a Milton Berle thing going on there.

Don't know if he was as well equipped as Uncle Miltie, but he certainly tapped some prime tang. They didn't call him "Starfucker" for no reason

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/henry-kissinger-hollywood-love-affairs-power-ultimate-aphrodisiac-1235704158/

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3459 on: November 30, 2023, 10:15:42 PM »

He sort of reminds me of Jiminy Glick.

Sounds like he could talk his way out of anything or into anything.

"But in 1964, seven years later, he was convicted of three counts of passing fraudulent checks. He avoided prison by pleading insanity and undergoing two years’ confinement in a Florida state mental hospital."

https://chicagoreader.com/news-politics/ashman-adventures-of-an-uninteresting-person/

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3460 on: December 01, 2023, 12:35:42 AM »
Kissinger is no more.  Aged 100.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"In effect, Kissinger ensured the perpetuation of Israeli colonisation of Palestinian lands for decades to come. He was the architect of former Egyptian President Anwar Sadat’s surrender to Israel and selling out of Palestinian rights at Camp David, and designed the so-called American-sponsored “peace process”, which has defined US policy towards Palestinians and Israel and has since brought about the ongoing calamities in much of the Arab world."

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/murderous-legacy-henry-kissinger

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3461 on: December 01, 2023, 02:12:20 AM »
Eh, nevermind...

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3462 on: December 01, 2023, 02:43:47 AM »
Peter Fucking Sellers.  He was a nasty git.

Kissinger combined with Edward Teller, an inspiration for Dr. Strangelove.

Which might not have been actually true, but might as well have been.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #3463 on: December 01, 2023, 05:11:35 AM »
He sort of reminds me of Jiminy Glick.

Sounds like he could talk his way out of anything or into anything.

"But in 1964, seven years later, he was convicted of three counts of passing fraudulent checks. He avoided prison by pleading insanity and undergoing two years’ confinement in a Florida state mental hospital."

https://chicagoreader.com/news-politics/ashman-adventures-of-an-uninteresting-person/

I don't remember the institutionalization being tied to the fraud charges/bad checks, but I suppose that's possible. What I wrote in my previous post about him I did from memory based on a St Louis newspaper article my uncle (who lived in St Louis) sent me back in the day. I also read his book about Nazi war criminals that dealt with Waldheim. I'd never seen the Schwarzenegger interview, thanks for posting that.  Considering all the laudatory comments he made about Ashman, you have to wonder if Arnold was aware of his checkered past?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3464 on: December 01, 2023, 01:35:16 PM »
Queenzy Cheng 37 - Malaysian actress. Brain exploded while blow drying her hair - heat increased blood circulation and it was too much for her.  :'(