Author Topic: SAVAGE Basketball  (Read 3447 times)

Recordhigh

• KIDD
SAVAGE Basketball
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »
If approved I’m starting an NBA/NCAA men’s basketball thread. Who gives a shit? We’ll find out. This is also my first post in the forums. I go way back.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: SAVAGE Basketball
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 02:14:06 AM »
If approved
Approved? You're already sucking so I'd say you've received your clearance.

Welcome, and post often.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 06:56:40 PM »
ESPN's Jeff Van Gundy suggests Lakers should scrap plan, trade LeBron James

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/03/10/lebron-james-trade-lakers-jeff-van-gundy/3124616002/

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:21:55 PM »
You want savage?:

The owners of the old ABA Spirits of St Louis made a deal with the league during the 1976 NBA-ABA merger.  At the time of the merger there were 4 teams that would become new NBA franchises (Nets, Nuggets, Pacers and Spurs), and two that would not (Kentucky Colonels and St Louis).  The other ABA teams had previously folded.  Also at the time of the merger, TV money was fairly meager.

The owners of the Colonels agreed to a $3 million buy out, but the owners of the Spirits negotiated a $2.2 million buy out PLUS a (partial) share of future NBA broadcast revenue - in perpetuity.

$300 million later, in a 2014 lawsuit settlement the owners of the former Spirits agreed to another $500 million upfront payment in exchange for what they had been getting, plus a portion of certain new broadcast revenue streams (foreign broadcasting rights and cable out-of-market subscriptions) going forward.  At least there is a buyout provision in the new deal.

(The lawsuits had to do with the perpetuity clause, and broadcast revenue from streams not in existence at the time of the original deal)

Way to stick it the NBA!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 06:08:21 PM »
Golden State should skip the flight up to Portland, and tell the league to just give the next two games to the Blazers

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 06:44:19 PM »
Speedy, Sleepy, Muggsy, Mookie, Bimbo, and BJ.

A few of the Golden State point guards over the years...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 08:07:33 PM »
Turns out people like LeBron James, Steve Kerr, Steph Curry, James Harden, and others around the NBA are a bunch of phony sellouts.

Oh sure, they'll criticize the US - because that's safe.  Well, safe if one is criticizing from the Left anyway.  Heaven help anyone contesting the latest ''Progressive'' kook demands.  But standing up for freedom and liberty against an oppressive genocidal regime, if it hurts their shoe deals?  Well, apparently that's beyond the pale. 

I really don't want to hear anything from these lightweight cowards again, except basketball.  Not even that, actually.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 08:08:48 PM »
Turns out people like LeBron James, Steve Kerr, Steph Curry, James Harden, and others around the NBA are a bunch of phony sellouts.

Oh sure, they'll criticize the US - because that's safe.  Well, safe if one is criticizing from the Left anyway.  Heaven help anyone contesting the latest ''Progressive'' kook demands.  But standing up for freedom and liberty against an oppressive genocidal regime, if it hurts their shoe deals?  Well, apparently that's beyond the pale. 

I really don't want to hear anything from these lightweight cowards again, except basketball.  Not even that, actually.

I have seen my last NBA game.  They all suck. 
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
I have seen my last NBA game.  They all suck.

I've been to a handful of games on free tickets, but I haven't actually watched a game on TV since college.  I've never seen Michael, Larry, or Magic, but I do know LeBron is going to get booed on the road all year

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »
If approved I’m starting an NBA/NCAA men’s basketball thread. Who gives a shit? We’ll find out. This is also my first post in the forums. I go way back.
Approved? You're already sucking so I'd say you've received your clearance.

Welcome, and post often.
So did I ruin this guys Ellgab experience?   Why did he go with the title "Savage" Basketball???  I hate basketball. Never once watched an entire game. I hate the Raptors, please lord, let their plane crash.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »
Why is it just fine for Colon Kap to act out during the pregame - on someone else's dime, costing the team owners millions of dollars - but when it's the (NBA) player's money on the line somehow they don't know a thing about what's going on in Hong Kong and China generally, and are policing each other about speaking out?

Hopefully this will at least shut the pro-Kap shitheels up for awhile

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 08:45:10 PM »
...  I hate basketball...

The 3 point shot is like the DH in baseball.  It turned a pretty good game into shit

Other than cycling, I haven't watched any sports since the early '90s baseball strike.  Excuse me, lockout.  I haven't even watched cycling the last couple years, and based on what happened this year at the Tour de France, that might be permanent as well.

It's supposed to be fun, it isn't anymore.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 08:49:56 PM »
I've been to a handful of games on free tickets, but I haven't actually watched a game on TV since college.  I've never seen Michael, Larry, or Magic, but I do know LeBron is going to get booed on the road all year

I went to a bunch of Rockets games when Akeem and Clyde were playing. I still remember them interrupting the finals game in Boston to show OJ’s white Bronco. 

I don’t think I have been to a game in about 20 years. A bunch of tall guys making squeaky noises on wooden floors.  I haven’t watched a game on TV in over a year.  Never again.

When I was in HS outside of Chicago the Bulls had just started. I entered a contest to win tickets in a Chicago newspaper. I got free tickets to a bunch of games back in the early 70’s.

The year the Rockets drafted Sampson I went to a game in the old Houston Coliseum on free tickets I got at a bar.  There were probably only 1000 people in the stadium. We wore paper bags. I took the Nuggets and gave my brother 20 points. The Nuggets were up by 17 at the end of the game and I was screaming “3 POINT PLAY!!!” Alex English hit a 3 pointer at the buzzer and the Nuggets won by 20. Saved me $10.
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »
... the Rockets drafted Sampson...

I don't watch, but I do follow the local teams. 

The Warriors had a lazy underachieving center named Joe Barry Carroll.  Everyone hated him.  I was sitting in Pasand's Madras Cuisine restaurant across the street from my apartment, and I saw the headline thru the newspaper box outside:  ''Warriors trade JB Carroll''.

Overjoyed, I jumped up, ran out, and got the paper.  My face fell, they traded him for another lazy underachieving center, Ralph Sampson., so the reset button was pushed and it would be awhile before the GM would finally give up on him too.

Ralph used to use his achy knees as his excuse.  Sorry buddy, you were a lazy underachiever when your knees were fine.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 09:27:43 PM »
... When I was in HS outside of Chicago the Bulls had just started...

My team growing up was the Sonics (sorta, I was really a baseball fan).  Spencer Haywood, Lennie Wilkins, Fred Brown, Slick Watts.  Then the championship year, right after Portland had theirs with Bill Walton.