Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182493 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 10:43:22 PM »
It's been a while since I went to BG but it looks like it's even slower than it was last month if that's possible. It has become the Metron show. MV should just give the site to Metron and be done with it.

AOC posted this in their True Confessions Of BellGab thread today:
Where is everyone ?
This site has slowed down somewhat.
Metron Dramatron.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2019, 11:29:11 PM »
It's been a while since I went to BG but it looks like it's even slower than it was last month if that's possible. It has become the Metron show. MV should just give the site to Metron and be done with it.
Far better than the gnarled hands he has placed it in at the moment.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2019, 08:51:21 AM »
Far better than the gnarled hands he has placed it in at the moment.
And there is this today from BG land from WeinerInHand: "Alright, folks. I'm done. This site has devolved to the point that it is nothing more than the back of an elementary school bus where we learned our first swear words. I'm 45 years old and I have no interest in this. I'll miss some of you. Take care."

Delvis Diaz

• Elluminati
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2019, 08:58:21 AM »
Shitposters like Myke, Metron and Brig dominating conversation is the kind of thing that kills forums.

Vandeven - it's OK, you don't have to actually pretend anymore that these people are the least bit interesting, funny or insightful

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »
Shitposters like Myke, Metron and Brig dominating conversation is the kind of thing that kills forums.

Vandeven - it's OK, you don't have to actually pretend anymore that these people are the least bit interesting, funny or insightful
Take away the posts from those three and Dr MD and there goes the majority of posts. MV is now suffering the karma from the parameters (or lack thereof) that he set up for BG. Members tossed from here end up there. It seems BG has become the Ellgab Zoo.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

+1 - Hold your ground.   ;)

Hey, that pic is Photoshopped and if it is really you, I always suspected you might be a 'Deviant'...   ;)
(Heh, heh, heh.)
...and I like the name you chose for your website.
Keep warm - up there.   ;).

Date Taken
    Oct 4, 2010, 9:26:55 PM
Software
    Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

I did a quick search on your surname and found your family coat-of-arms / crest, removed the name, scaled it, sharpened it,  enhanced it with a bump map, and added tranparency to two of the exports. The colors are original. No Photoshop - this was in gimp. The original image was tiny.  ;)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2019, 04:17:19 PM »
Shitposters like Myke, Metron Brig dominating conversation is the kind of thing that kills forums.

Vandeven - it's OK, you don't have to actually pretend anymore that this person are the least bit interesting, funny or insightful
FIFY  ;) ;D

Bump: +1 ;D

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2019, 04:40:07 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

rekcuf

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2019, 04:46:40 PM »
heh heh

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2019, 05:40:11 PM »

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2019, 05:47:24 PM »
Basically, all he said was that you were nuts to say something "doesn't look right" about him.  And, he's used sharp words with others, too, so I wouldn't take it too personally.  He would probably be happier if you accepted his feedback even though the way he said it wasn't very nice.  He told you to stop brandishing ideas about him which he denies.

Would you rather he avoid expressing his feelings and then just shut the place down when he's had enough?  That seems to be what happened on July 4.  Or, can you take his honest feedback, honor it, and move on for the sake of peace, if for no other reason.

Starr, of course it's him.  There is a paper trail all the way through his name changes in the name change thread.  He doesn't "have" to leave such a paper trail, following his own policies.  As the owner, he could have skipped all that & we might never have known his real name.  But every time, he leaves a paper trail just like the Bible leaves the "Begats" for everyone who is interested to follow.  Therefore, it is most likely him.  He was just recently on a podcast, so if his own forum's avatar had been hacked, I think he would have mentioned it!!
You're right, of course.  I just feel that after the friendship we had shared, for almost a decade, was too easily tossed aside without warning or explanation, and no, he's not required to do so.  It just leaves me feeling bewildered, and betrayed.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2019, 06:39:28 PM »
Take away the posts from those three and Dr MD and there goes the majority of posts. MV is now suffering the karma from the parameters (or lack thereof) that he set up for BG. Members tossed from here end up there. It seems BG has become the Ellgab Zoo.
For all intents and purposes that is true. MV can still claim bragging rights for what the site once was and while he made the claim that he wants us all back including the cat ladies so that he can watch them "get triggered," he is actually glad that some of us are gone. His pet peeve was anyone telling him to moderate his site. I dared to say something about that once and I think I was one of those he had in mind for the glad we are gone category.

I do understand the points of his ethos with "free speech" for its own sake, but I have also have seen the results of that plan when there is a concentration of those that take this ethos with a nearly religious zealotry.  I have also been on over enforced sites that with every post you feel like you are on eggshells. I guess in this way I am the ultimate centrist. Everything in moderation - pun intended ;D We all in the end after everything is stirred settle at our own level. Ellgab is about the right balance. If they enjoy Bellgab the way it is, then I hope they are having a good time. The pressure relief/overflow valve works both ways. I have never felt censored here, but then again I have never felt compelled to make a lot of noise, be a baby, pick fights, or be radical for the sake of being radical.

spinthebottle

• KIDD
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2019, 07:29:36 PM »
Mike walker is complaining about people shitting up threads he likes. Sorry Mike that's what you get when you let metron myke and dr md to run your show for you.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »
Mike walker is complaining about people shitting up threads he likes. Sorry Mike that's what you get when you let metron myke and dr md to run your show for you.
It is true.  Is the name of his avatar "Mike walker"?  Never heard of him.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2019, 10:49:43 PM »
You're right, of course.  I just feel that after the friendship we had shared, for almost a decade, was too easily tossed aside without warning or explanation, and no, he's not required to do so.  It just leaves me feeling bewildered, and betrayed.
He spoke harshly.  I don't think he tossed aside your friendship, though.  Maybe he's grown an "edgy" side?  It was harsh, but at least he didn't use any words like "bitch" or anything...