Poll

Giraffes interest me because:

I keep seeing them everywhere.
1 (10%)
I dated someone who looked like a giraffe.
1 (10%)
It is my totem animal.
2 (20%)
That whole neck thing.
1 (10%)
Head knobs. It's all about the head knobs.
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Giraffe Sightings  (Read 6225 times)

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
Giraffe Sightings
« on: August 27, 2021, 10:36:39 AM »
This is a copy of the painting that hangs in the Addams Family house.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Giraffe Sightings
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 10:56:51 AM »
This is a copy of the painting that hangs in the Addams Family house.
Gomez approves!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 12:56:10 PM »
Ok. I admit it. I may have over estimated the number of fellow giraffe-sighting enthusiasts -  the so-called "longnecks" -  present in this forum. We are forever and  always outnumbered by the rednecks, the leathernecks, and the infamous rubberneckers. Such is our lot.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
Ok. I admit it. I may have over estimated the number of fellow giraffe-sighting enthusiasts -  the so-called "longnecks" -  present in this forum. We are forever and  always outnumbered by the rednecks, the leathernecks, and the infamous rubberneckers. Such is our lot.
Actually I think this is a fantastic thread. I do! For my fourth birthday my mom took all us kids to the Vancouver zoo and that day I knew, I was an unapologetic 'Giraffe Guy/kid'

There was a lady hunter a few years back that thought she was real special when she killed one of these wonderous creatures in Africa. She had her picture with her foot on the dead and fully grounded body. I would have great and unfortunate plans for her should I be given the chance, to..

No, I like giraffes! I'm a giraffe guy.  :)

NOTE: This post may seem a tad, off, given that I am currently a Lion! But know this - I am a nice lion. Look at me.  :)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 01:30:46 PM »
The Good Place...

Lots of giraffes.
Eh, nevermind...

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 01:40:46 PM »
I am a huge fan of short-necked giraffes and short-nosed elephants.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 01:46:22 PM »
... There was a lady hunter a few years back that thought she was real special when she killed one of these wonderous creatures in Africa. She had her picture with her foot on the dead and fully grounded body. I would have great and unfortunate plans for her should I be given the chance, to...

I remember that.  Sickening.  There is no reason for anyone to be hunting anymore. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 02:21:37 PM »
I am a huge fan of short-necked giraffes and short-nosed elephants.
ENOUGH WITH THE JOKES!  Like giraffes or don't but do not bring your Don knotts shtick in here!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 02:35:59 PM »
There is no reason for anyone to be hunting anymore.
Big game and sport hunting, yes. That was very California of you.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 03:48:59 PM »
My giraffe-like heart beats anew! : :D (As long as that aforementioned huntress doesn't pierce it. :(  )

That was a difficult photo, rivaled by the one of the little girl who had been taken giraffe hunting. They justified the kill  by pointing out how long the meat would feed the locals and that the giraffe had been terrorizing the area.

The selfie by the carcass caused death threats. The adults were stunned. Don't all parents take their little girls giraffe hunting? How is that any different than a deer?

Well. At least I understand their logic regarding it being used as food. The bodies of that little girl and all involved with the "hunt" could feed a lion for days.  And that would be just great. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 04:04:56 PM »
My giraffe-like heart beats anew! : :D ...The bodies of that little girl and all involved with the "hunt" could feed a lion for days...
Now you‘ve gone and done it.  You’ve got Jorch all excited.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“Will there be a drive by drive thru?”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2021, 06:35:37 PM »
Big game and sport hunting, yes. That was very California of you.

Maybe, but I grew up in rural eastern Washington State.  Most families had at least one person who hunted, most of the dogs at least in my neighborhood were hunting dogs (trained to either retrieve ducks or flush pheasants and quail).  If there were dogs that would chase down and kill deer and elk, I'm sure people would have had those too.

It's disgusting.  Moving here did not change my views.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 09:06:39 PM »
Maybe, but I grew up in rural eastern Washington State.  Most families had at least one person who hunted, most of the dogs at least in my neighborhood were hunting dogs (trained to either retrieve ducks or flush pheasants and quail).  If there were dogs that would chase down and kill deer and elk, I'm sure people would have had those too.

It's disgusting.  Moving here did not change my views.
Tiger Lady would approve.

There is an entirely different thread for this discussion but who has the time for that. Soo many other pressing issues that require immediate attention. "After all, we've got a country to save"

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »
This commercial is not on YouTube yet, but can be seen at the tvcommercialad link.

The guy wakes up after dreaming about Crazy Calzony. Associate informs him, "You also said some crazy sfuff about giraffes."

I started this topic because giraffe sightings have been on the increase. I can only rarely turn on the television and not see one. It has become an enjoyable game. Like playing Slug Bug as a kid.  (and IBM Selectrics have apparently gone into hiding.)

But even while amusing, I gotta admit, when I heard the commercial, I did a double take. Or wanted to. It was over so fast I had to find it on the web just to verify what I thought I had heard. And when I did verify it, it felt as if a g______ had walked over my grave.

In The Matrix, Neo was informed to follow the White Rabbit.

Perhaps it is time I follow The Giraffe.

Heh heh.

https://www.tvcommercialad.com/tvc/little-caesars-pizza-crazy-calzony-tv-commercial-ad-2021-keep-dreaming

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 04:30:20 PM »
Okapi are known as forest giraffes or as I like to call them, short-necked giraffes.  I will keep my eyes peeled for any references to them.  I will also post a picture of a short-nosed elephant my daughter made for me once I decide to drag my butt back to my work office which I haven’t seen in more than 18 months.