Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797159 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2018, 08:04:40 AM »
and not enough sound to warn pedestrians and such the car is there and moving...
Yes, it is insane, absolutely insane design.  When backing up or first starting, they could have built in some chimes or something.  And, despite their stealth, they don't have any more lights than other cars.  They should be light up like a tractor load and the lights should constantly blink or rotate through some sort of movement.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2018, 08:10:07 AM »
Yes, it is insane, absolutely insane design.  When backing up or first starting, they could have built in some chimes or something.  And, despite their stealth, they don't have any more lights than other cars.  They should be light up like a tractor load and the lights should constantly blink or rotate through some sort of movement.

With nerf bumpers.
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2018, 08:26:05 AM »
Were you listening to SiriusXM this morning?  They played that about an hour ago on Classic Vinyl.

Negative.  I don't have SiriusXM.  I flirted with getting it at one point but Art quit before I could even pull the trigger!

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »
as a motorcycle rider I am  convinced that I I put a disco ball above my head and shine a 50000w light off of it people would still not see me. These are the people that dont realize a firetruck or ambulance is behind them, with all lights siren and horn going
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #589 on: December 13, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »
as a motorcycle rider I am  convinced that I I put a disco ball above my head and shine a 50000w light off of it people would still not see me. These are the people that dont realize a firetruck or ambulance is behind them, with all lights siren and horn going

Loud pipes save lives.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:53 AM »
I always wear a reflective safety vest when I’m on my bike.  I know there are still idiots out there who won’t see me, but I have to still do everything I can in order to be seen on the road.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #591 on: December 13, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »

Loud pipes save lives.
Loud pipes hurt my ears. I’d really like a law that allows me to shoot the loud pipe bastards.
Merry Christmas

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
Loud pipes hurt my ears. I’d really like a law that allows me to shoot the loud pipe bastards.

I hate worse when they drive down road in between lanes between vehicles. I know some places it is legal (somehow) but I still think dangerous. But I give motorcyclists a pass for loud pipes and bad driving since they contribute so much to healthcare in terms of donations and think you have to be crazy to drive a motorcycle in the traffic we have, all the illegals with beat up cars and drunk, drunk drivers, tractor trailers, weather, folks on drugs, road ragers, etc.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #593 on: December 13, 2018, 02:00:31 PM »
It amuses me that in Florida, accident investigators are required to check off a box that says whether the motorcycle rider was wearing a helmet. A helmet is not required in the state. I saw a report of a fatal crash involving two 18-wheelers that pinned a motorcycle between them. The investigator had dutifully checked the box saying no helmet though a helmet would not have prevented the death. I’m sure it’s in a database somewhere that will be used to argue for a return to mandatory helmet laws.
Merry Christmas

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #594 on: December 13, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »
well id like a law that says i can weld a muffler on their bike for them. without their knowledge or approval. there is a fine line between sounding good and loud.
It amuses me that in Florida, accident investigators are required to check off a box that says whether the motorcycle rider was wearing a helmet. A helmet is not required in the state. I saw a report of a fatal crash involving two 18-wheelers that pinned a motorcycle between them. The investigator had dutifully checked the box saying no helmet though a helmet would not have prevented the death. I’m sure it’s in a database somewhere that will be used to argue for a return to mandatory helmet laws.
helmets are not required here, i always wear one because of the idiots i mentioned above. if they cannot notice a firetruck with all the lights going, the siren and the firetruck is blasting its horn (because they are in its way) , then they dont deserve a drivers license. i have no reason to believe they will notice me.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #595 on: December 13, 2018, 05:12:05 PM »
saw someone today with "earings" very similar to these
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #596 on: December 14, 2018, 01:45:41 AM »
;D
saw someone today with "earings" very similar to these
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I like ear wraps, although more rounded.  Not everyone does well with piercings, so wraps are a nice alternative.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2018, 04:20:34 AM »
I saw someone yesterday who had her grandmother’s big, gaudy wedding ring made into a nose ring. I expect her nose to be at neck level in a couple of years.
Merry Christmas

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »
I saw someone yesterday who had her grandmother’s big, gaudy wedding ring made into a nose ring. I expect her nose to be at neck level in a couple of years.

I'm sure her grandma would be appalled so she deserves the long nose and whatever nasal infections/problems associated with that choice.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2018, 01:31:50 AM »
well id like a law that says i can weld a muffler on their bike for them. without their knowledge or approval. there is a fine line between sounding good and loud. helmets are not required here, i always wear one because of the idiots i mentioned above. if they cannot notice a firetruck with all the lights going, the siren and the firetruck is blasting its horn (because they are in its way) , then they dont deserve a drivers license. i have no reason to believe they will notice me.
The funny thing is, most municipalities already ban noisy vehicles.  But no one enforces it.