Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797298 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1095 on: July 16, 2019, 01:22:39 PM »
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1096 on: July 16, 2019, 11:49:10 PM »
One of many things I noticed during my visit to New Jersey is how impatient they are when driving. If you aren't moving the very instant the light turns green the horns are honking and the birds are out the windows. I walked everywhere but this was comical to watch at intersections while I waited to cross. Going back for next years event and I'll soak it all back in again. BTW Best lasagna ever at Yesterdays Restaurant. MMmm MM!! Stones throw from my hotel room.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1097 on: July 17, 2019, 12:16:50 AM »
Once a meth head...
always a meth head.
Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1098 on: July 17, 2019, 12:25:49 AM »
Once a meth head...
always a meth head.

Relapse?
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1099 on: July 17, 2019, 05:21:39 AM »
One of many things I noticed during my visit to New Jersey is how impatient they are when driving. If you aren't moving the very instant the light turns green the horns are honking and the birds are out the windows. I walked everywhere but this was comical to watch at intersections while I waited to cross. Going back for next years event and I'll soak it all back in again. BTW Best lasagna ever at Yesterdays Restaurant. MMmm MM!! Stones throw from my hotel room.

I tried to describe that green light honking to someone from the mdwest on a trip back there. You just have to see it, don't you.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1100 on: July 17, 2019, 07:11:38 PM »
One of many things I noticed during my visit to New Jersey is how impatient they are when driving. If you aren't moving the very instant the light turns green the horns are honking...

Oh if only that were the case here.  Every time I'm at a light, I know in advance someone will be staring into their phone instead of paying attention, and I'm going to have to honk to get them going.  May as well do it as soon as the light turns.

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1101 on: July 17, 2019, 08:00:29 PM »
Oh if only that were the case here.  Every time I'm at a light, I know in advance someone will be staring into their phone instead of paying attention, and I'm going to have to honk to get them going.  May as well do it as soon as the light turns.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/people-say-theyre-scared-about-distracted-drivers-yet-dont-believe-they-do-it-too-2018-04-06

distracted driving kills. i've read the stats, but i'm not thinking about those as the driver coming at me in the opposite lane doesn't notice the drift into the lane i'm using.

in the car... the phone is off, no GPS, and shut the fuck up please.... i'm driving. at traffic lights i honk at them too. when they flip me off i mentally thank them for noticing. can't wait for the day it happens to a shopping mom with their kids in the car and a bumper sticker that says "think about the children". idiots.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1102 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »
LOL I think I'd prefer the NJ way to that. They all drive like their wife's water just broke.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1103 on: July 17, 2019, 09:10:19 PM »
Relapse?

No, was contemplating working with one. Found an alternative, took alternative. Whew!

He was a ticking relapse...
Eh, nevermind...

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1104 on: July 21, 2019, 09:09:54 AM »
MXR hilarious unboxing

the Patreon uncensored version is even funnier...

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1105 on: July 24, 2019, 07:39:46 PM »
Treat others as one would wish to be treated + Everybody dies = There's some wiggle room.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1106 on: July 27, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
@GravitySucks  Did you ever get that 8 mil planking installed downstairs?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1107 on: July 27, 2019, 06:28:50 PM »
@GravitySucks  Did you ever get that 8 mil planking installed downstairs?

@KSM yes I did. I don’t like the color my son picked out but he is the one living there now so he can deal with it. It is really dark. I’ll try and take a picture of it the next time I am there.

He has two great Pyrenees that can’t get used to the tailslides when they try running towards the door when I go over.
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1108 on: July 27, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
@KSM yes I did. I don’t like the color my son picked out but he is the one living there now so he can deal with it. It is really dark. I’ll try and take a picture of it the next time I am there.

He has two great Pyrenees that can’t get used to the tailslides when they try running towards the door when I go over.

No worries, it will lighten up over time as they pee on it

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1109 on: July 27, 2019, 06:38:26 PM »

Son's got Awesome taste in DogFellas!

Sometimes the dark stuff can turn a nice space into an Irish pub. I always go there when I see that. Especially if the darker floor has a rustic look to it. I'd do an entire home as Pub style. But then I'd need the Guinness kegs and wife would get surly and sore at me. Thank God I can win at surly.

I like a wood look dark floor. Most o the time. Looks great with a sage green theme wall..