Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797152 times)

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1125 on: August 08, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »
Manipulate brain cells using a smartphone https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/08/190805143525.htm
A team of scientists have invented a device that can control neural circuits using a tiny brain implant controlled by a smartphone. The device could speed up efforts to uncover brain diseases such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, addiction, depression, and pain.

i'm gonna want to purchase one of those devices. only to control the on/off switch for the Brain. it's for a friend.

i also want one of these...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1126 on: August 11, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1127 on: August 11, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »

Ooh baby!  +1 !!! ;D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Eh, nevermind...

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1129 on: August 12, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »
K-pop is being rocked by a sex scandal. It’s part of a bigger societal problem.
https://www.vox.com/2019/4/29/18306249/k-pop-sex-scandal-seungri-burning-sun

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1130 on: August 14, 2019, 09:05:03 PM »
Well here's a new one|

A few weeks I bid on a huge job, found out yesterday that I won the bid. I've been told that I can do a walkthrough/tour of the new hotel (Pomeroy) next Monday. All bids were placed based on a floor plan PDF. Many PDF files for each floor. I'm getting to the weird part.. I as well as all contractors have been told that there are to be NO cell phones/cameras on the premises during work hours. "all devices are to be left in vehicles in the lot next door" This is the first franchise contract I've ever bid on/won, I thought perhaps this was normal on such jobs for """"SECURITY PURPOSES"""" but after asking around I've found out that this is a new thing. Really, really weird. And don't get me started on the personal information required from my employees to be allowed to work on this site.   :o :o ???

Guess I won't be able to post any flooring pics in the thread.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1131 on: August 14, 2019, 09:06:14 PM »
Well here's a new one|

A few weeks I bid on a huge job, found out yesterday that I won the bid. I've been told that I can do a walkthrough/tour of the new hotel (Pomeroy) next Monday. All bids were placed based on a floor plan PDF. Many PDF files for each floor. I'm getting to the weird part.. I as well as all contractors have been told that there are to be NO cell phones/cameras on the premises, including work days. "all devices are to be left in vehicles in the lot next door" This is the first franchise contract I've ever bid on/won, I thought perhaps this was normal on such jobs for """"SECURITY PURPOSES"""" but after asking around I've found out that this is a new thing. Really, really weird. And don't get me started on the personal information required from my employees to be allowed to work on this site.   :o :o ???

Guess I won't be able to post any flooring pics in the thread.

#sketchpad

@KSM I guess you will have to take bigfoot out for a date night once the hotel opens for business.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1132 on: August 14, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »
#sketchpad
All bidders were emailed the floorplan. That's how we placed our bids.. hated it because there are ALWAYS surprises with these things ::) Guess my point is that it's ridiculous. Guess it will cut down on my dudes playing candy crush on their muthafkn devices. Not that they would during work of course.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
TV Head
« Reply #1133 on: August 15, 2019, 05:44:11 AM »
@ShayP    Have you been bored lately?   Pretty unique man............

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: TV Head
« Reply #1134 on: August 15, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »
@ShayP    Have you been bored lately?   Pretty unique man............

@Walks_At_Night    I'm always bored, plus I'm almost out of TV's.  Have to think of something else soon.  I'll check to see what's left in my storage unit. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1135 on: August 18, 2019, 05:47:14 AM »
Too funny.  Needed this laugh and no - there is no gore.

https://twitter.com/awardsdarwin/status/1162131785138016258

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1136 on: August 20, 2019, 08:22:13 PM »

;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1137 on: August 22, 2019, 04:10:43 PM »
I cannot wrap a gift to save my life.  As long as I've lived I simply cannot wrap a present and make it look nice.  Simply awful.  My presents would look better if you just put them in a washing machine with a bunch of tissue paper, or whatever, and then just went with that when all was done.  I have yet to master Scotch tape.  The ability to fold into tight creases is nil.  I have my faculties about me.  I think I'm a pretty smart guy.  However, when I wrap a present it looks like an utter failure and is quite embarrassing actually.

And yes, I know about gift bags. Some things you just can't put in a gift bag.

What is my life?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1138 on: August 22, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
Too funny.  Needed this laugh and no - there is no gore.

https://twitter.com/awardsdarwin/status/1162131785138016258
Man, that was worth the price of admission right there. That dudes gonna be eatin' ass for weeks! I assume that's his wife beating him..

I cannot wrap a gift to save my life.  As long as I've lived I simply cannot wrap a present and make it look nice.  Simply awful.  My presents would look better if you just put them in a washing machine with a bunch of tissue paper, or whatever, and then just went with that when all was done.  I have yet to master Scotch tape.  The ability to fold into tight creases is nil.  I have my faculties about me.  I think I'm a pretty smart guy.  However, when I wrap a present it looks like an utter failure and is quite embarrassing actually.

What is my life?
LOLOL  yep  Every Christmas I have about 8-12 gifts of all sizes to wrap and it's always the same with taped patches and all kinds of fuckery. some end up a little bald on one side with not enough coverage so that's the side that faces inward at the tree. Even a tiny box of Fendi screws me.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1139 on: August 22, 2019, 07:25:26 PM »

What is my life?

Stop giving gifts, problem solved