Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 350602 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »
My buddy, Michael G.

He wasn't a real celeb, but he was to me. And also to the many hundreds of people who were lucky enough to know him. Initial reactions to meeting Mike usually ran something like this- first he'd scare you with his physical appearance, kind of like a gnarley tatted caveman with one eye looking at you and the other looking off to the side like he's seeing your aura. Then he'd intrigue you with his sharp mind and wit. Then you'd end up loving him. He was a textbook case of how you can choose the freedom to decide to be who you need to be as you become more self aware. He did prison time for offing a dude with a knife who was beating a woman. In the penitentiary he became an Aryan Brotherhood member with the tats and all- full back swastika, teardrop on his face, and the words Speedy McGreedy on his neck. Following his release he ended up at a rainbow gathering where he converted to a non tweeker, loving and peaceful dude. He ended up doing security for the Grateful
Dead for several years and was widely known as Rainbow Mike, or Handsome- a tribute to his intimidating looks. When I met him he was still a pretty hard drinker but after introducing him to sweat and tipi ceremonies he left that behind as well. He eventually met a beautiful woman and they loved each other so much they were like one thing. I performed their wedding ceremony on an outdoor altar with two Harleys and a mixed posse of hardcore bikers with colors, tie dyed hippies, and absolutely normal church folks. Mike loved everybody and he had a way of bringing us all together as one eclectic tribe. A couple of years back he was diagnosed with lung cancer so we flew him and his wife here to California and put him through the rigors of two Native American Church healing ceremonies, which were immediately followed by surgery back in his home state.  I believe that those prayers and his will to live contributed to his complete remission as he was pronounced cancer free 6 months ago. During one of the ceremonies he promised to all of us that he refused to let cancer take him out. He was true to his word. A few days ago he had a freak accident by which he fell and broke his neck. We can hardly believe it as Mike was one of the strongest, most indestructible appearing men I've ever met. As my son said- He was made of steel. But even steel breaks I guess. Now I'm getting ready to board a plane to Montana as his widow has asked me to lead the ceremony/celebration for one of the most amazing people I've ever known.

He called me just over a week ago and we had a long talk about friends and family and this brief opportunity we're given to explore, learn, and love. I'm so glad I had the presence of mind to tell him how much I love and appreciate him just before we ended the call. Life is delicate no matter how strong you are. It's a good thing to remember.
Sorry you lost a friend.  Good you had talked, yeah.  Weird timing after remission.  Travel safely!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »
Doug Grindstaff, the sound effects genius for Star Trek TNS. Tribble coo, door whooshes, and communicator beeps. He was 87.
Merry Christmas

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 11:42:45 PM »
Doug Grindstaff, the sound effects genius for Star Trek TNS. Tribble coo, door whooshes, and communicator beeps. He was 87.

Star Trek would not have been Star Trek without all of that.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2018, 04:11:11 AM »
How did TOS become TNS, damn autocorrect.
Merry Christmas

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2018, 05:53:56 AM »
Actress Charlotte Rae - aged 92

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/entertainment/obit-charlotte-rae/index.html

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2018, 06:04:47 AM »
How did TOS become TNS, damn autocorrect.

Star Trek: The Next Salvation?

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2018, 01:21:08 PM »
Actress Charlotte Rae - aged 92

RIP nice lady

You take the good you take the bad you take them both and then you have ellgab 4 life
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2018, 03:06:09 PM »
Stan Mikita - 78.
Merry Christmas

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »
heard of "starwackers"?
The "i'm back" pilot from independence day says they are behind the recent celebrity hanging suicides.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »
Do you mean Qrazy Quaid?

His mental deficiencies are well-documented.

heard of "starwackers"?
The "i'm back" pilot from independence day says they are behind the recent celebrity hanging suicides.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Eh, nevermind...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!