Author Topic: Movie Remakes...THAT YOU WANT TO SEE!  (Read 7185 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Movie Remakes...THAT YOU WANT TO SEE!
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2020, 12:01:16 AM »
Okay! Hellooooo TigerLily! heh. :beams: :D
Good God! it's like, could this BE anymore awkward.

Please let me save you from yourself :o

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2020, 12:36:01 AM »
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »
TigerLily will take that wager with @Ciardelo . To be paid at 1980s inflation rate. Along with his abject apology once he has seen the original

Re: Classic Classic Movies

Scarface  1932 Forget the big budget bloated remake with Al Pacino. This is stripped down pre-code gangster movie making. Paul Muni is a revelation of animalistic charisma with no redeeming qualities. So why do we root for him?

I like both movies a lot.  The original is a fantastic movie with Paul Muni and the luscious Ann Dvorak standing out.  The De Palma remake is over-the-top Grand Guignol and is a great deal of fun.  The original with the great Howard Hawks at the helm is undoubtedly the better of the two.  Plus the original has Boris Karloff in it.  I may be Boris's biggest fan.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
Gone With The Wind.  Set in an alternate reality where blacks are the slaveholders and whites are the slaves.

LOL.  Just joking.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »
Watchmen needs to be remade, covering less of the graphic novel material than the first produced attempt tried to.  You could probably make a decent story ending in the 1950s or 1960s if you left Dr. Manhattan out of it.  Just costumed adventurers: the origin and eventual suppression of the phenomenon.