Author Topic: Tablets And Such  (Read 1462 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Tablets And Such
« on: December 10, 2020, 09:14:17 AM »
Bought an amazon Fire HD8 from bestbuy last night. I must say the thing is a fucking headache to say the least.

- Listed as 8.9"s the screen size is about double that of my Samsung S9 Plus. Should be advertised as a 7.9" display.
- Like any device it came loaded with bloatware. TONS of bloatware. You cannot remove these unwanted apps but you can disable them thus removing them from the screen.
- What takes only a few steps on other devices take much longer to do with this device.
- Volume output is extremely low compared to other devices so you'll need to install a volume booster app. Yay.
- Had a 256gb microcard in my S9 fully loaded to transfer to the Fire - It would not recognize that data. Had to wipe/format and reload it WITH ALL THE SAME DATA!
- Apps I have installed are nowhere to be found.
- Comes with a 32gb. My phone came with 64gb.

dammit

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Tablets And Such
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 09:43:37 AM »
Bought an amazon Fire HD8 from bestbuy last night. I must say the thing is a fucking headache to say the least.

- Listed as 8.9"s the screen size is about double that of my Samsung S9 Plus. Should be advertised as a 7.9" display.
- Like any device it came loaded with bloatware. TONS of bloatware. You cannot remove these unwanted apps but you can disable them thus removing them from the screen.
- What takes only a few steps on other devices take much longer to do with this device.
- Volume output is extremely low compared to other devices so you'll need to install a volume booster app. Yay.
- Had a 256gb microcard in my S9 fully loaded to transfer to the Fire - It would not recognize that data. Had to wipe/format and reload it WITH ALL THE SAME DATA!
- Apps I have installed are nowhere to be found.
- Comes with a 32gb. My phone came with 64gb.

dammit

Take it back due to excessive suckage.
We got Samsungs. I got a S5E and my husband got a S6. I'm happy with the sound, the speakers are quite nice. It came with 128G and I stuck a 400G card in it. It saw all of my stuff. Much faster than my old tablet. We got them with Black Friday sales (the non-racial type ;D), very happy with them.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »
Take it back due to excessive suckage.
We got Samsungs. I got a S5E and my husband got a S6. I'm happy with the sound, the speakers are quite nice. It came with 128G and I stuck a 400G card in it. It saw all of my stuff. Much faster than my old tablet. We got them with Black Friday sales (the non-racial type ;D), very happy with them.
Thank you @Annie I WILL look into the S5E and others like it.

Being that this was my first time with a tablet I cheaped out. After all was said and done the little amazon cost a whopping $101. Not sure if it's worth going back to bestbuy to stand in line for a 100 bucks with all the..  citizens  ::)  I don't like them.  I might factory reset and gift it to someone that I only half like.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »
Thank you @Annie I WILL look into the S5E and others like it.

Being that this was my first time with a tablet I cheaped out. After all was said and done the little amazon cost a whopping $101. Not sure if it's worth going back to bestbuy to stand in line for a 100 bucks with all the..  citizens  ::)  I don't like them.  I might factory reset and gift it to someone that I only half like.

Ha!
Just an FYI, the reason we got my husband the better device is because he streams things from his tablet to our tv. I never do that so I was quite happy with the specs of the S5E.
The fact that they have some pretty pretty glittery cases for it did NOT enter into the choice.
 ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 03:34:54 PM »
@TigerLily Not sure where you posted it but I believe you have a an amazon fire tablet. Like mine but possibly earlier.  As you know they come with a massive amount of bloat that you absolutely CAN NOT remove! Like how fucking dare they  >:(  the bloatware is the reason that the unit is so inexpensive  ;) 

If you would like to clean up that desktop and remove all those pesky bloat icons do this:

Also, for ads - I do not have this problem but in case you do:

NOTE: You may notice that after you perform the simple steps in the video that some of the icons/programs reappear in a few day. If this happens just get rid of them again the same way and eventually they'll get the hint and not return. Or so it seems.  As new apps are developed over time you may see new ones appear so it is then up to the developers of this removal tool to upgrade their nifty little fix.

STOP BEING SO FUCKING MEAN TO ME

or else

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 07:08:43 PM »
@TigerLily Not sure where you posted it but I believe you have a an amazon fire tablet. Like mine but possibly earlier.  As you know they come with a massive amount of bloat that you absolutely CAN NOT remove! Like how fucking dare they  >:(  the bloatware is the reason that the unit is so inexpensive  ;) 

If you would like to clean up that desktop and remove all those pesky bloat icons do this:

Also, for ads - I do not have this problem but in case you do:

Well boss it looks like the ungrateful twat doesn't appreciate the gesture. 
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 10:59:56 PM »
I've got a couple Dragon Touch tablets that have served me well.  I use them primarily to watch movies on Netflix, Tubi and Peacock.  Plus reading e-books.  And posting on EllGab when my computer is down.