Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 275348 times)

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2018, 02:34:08 AM »
Just stumbled across this on YouTube last night. The official Coast to Coast AM Channel has uploaded some classic Art Bell stuff

thx for the link

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »
IIIIIIiiiiii miss Art. This weekend I reckon I'll do some time traveling and dig deep into my C2C W/ AB archives. Perhaps parallel realities with M.R. Franks from, 96?

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #303 on: December 11, 2018, 06:14:04 PM »
Grab your Bells this will be #Wootacular for years to come!

https://twitter.com/bartellproducer/status/1072668608696905729
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2019, 10:44:33 AM »
I really wish there was a way to listen to his shows in order. I do enjoy what I can get from Tune-in but the shows can sometimes be incomplete. Is there a way to listen to them in order by year at least?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »
I really wish there was a way to listen to his shows in order. I do enjoy what I can get from Tune-in but the shows can sometimes be incomplete. Is there a way to listen to them in order by year at least?

There is a mega torrent that can be downloaded but I don’t have a link. There is also a website somewhere that has many of his shows organized by year. Search for sitarchive.
Are we having fun yet?

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »
There is a mega torrent that can be downloaded but I don’t have a link. There is also a website somewhere that has many of his shows organized by year. Search for sitarchive.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You’re welcome. Maybe someone can provide you a link to the mega torrent. I think it is up to about 68gb if I remember the discussions correctly. I am sure it is posted somewhere on bellgab.
Are we having fun yet?

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
Anyone ever still think about the Alien in the freezer screaming?
Dr. Reed.

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »
Anyone ever still think about the Alien in the freezer screaming?
Dr. Reed.

No

BrightEyes

• fan o' the Farm Penis
  • Drone Pilot
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2019, 07:01:26 AM »
Yes, they play it on one of the Tunein radio for art bells.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #311 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:49 PM »
A question was asked at the other place many years ago about how many shows Art did. If memory serves it came to 1900 +, actually closer to 2000 including Coast and Dreamland.  I've often wondered which one of us super-fans has the largest library. The one mega torrent of 2013 was over 60 GB's amounting to just over 1300 files (some of them were only segments, about 100ish). A few were folders containing After Dark stuff and xtra's but I believe 1306 was the number of broadcasts not counting folders. There are about 15 repeats but still, it's a whopper of a library to have.  I have that one but before that I had
a collection of just over 600 full shows that I collected from 98 - 06 from various platforms as well as recording from my local AM station before it died. Adding my 600 library to the mega torrent was great as most of my 600+ were not doubles or same shows that were found in the mega T. Jazmunda talked about being a "collector" I wonder if he has more than me. I have 1744 shows ranging from 3-5 hours.  How do I share 110 GB's?

I miss local AM radio with local guys talking about the way things used to be and how the world is sooo heading in the wrong direction.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2019, 12:05:23 PM »
I miss local AM radio with local guys talking about the way things used to be and how the world is sooo heading in the wrong direction.
That's a key point to make. When corporate radio came in and bought out local stations they inserted their own talent and spin. Local AM radio became a place where you could sell commercials but not hire local talent. That pretty much made local radio the equivalent of a rural UHF TV station translator, just a rebroadcasting resource, not an actual community asset. Things have been worse ever since.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2019, 09:15:43 AM »
A question was asked at the other place many years ago about how many shows Art did. If memory serves it came to 1900 +, actually closer to 2000 including Coast and Dreamland.  I've often wondered which one of us super-fans has the largest library. The one mega torrent of 2013 was over 60 GB's amounting to just over 1300 files (some of them were only segments, about 100ish). A few were folders containing After Dark stuff and xtra's but I believe 1306 was the number of broadcasts not counting folders. There are about 15 repeats but still, it's a whopper of a library to have.  I have that one but before that I had
a collection of just over 600 full shows that I collected from 98 - 06 from various platforms as well as recording from my local AM station before it died. Adding my 600 library to the mega torrent was great as most of my 600+ were not doubles or same shows that were found in the mega T. Jazmunda talked about being a "collector" I wonder if he has more than me. I have 1744 shows ranging from 3-5 hours.  How do I share 110 GB's?

I have the 60gb collection. I think that’s possibly the one the streams use. You should maybe torrent the extra 600 as an extra different mega as most people have the 60gb one? I’d definitely be interested in getting hold of those!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2019, 09:22:04 AM »
I have the 60gb collection. I think that’s possibly the one the streams use. You should maybe torrent the extra 600 as an extra different mega as most people have the 60gb one? I’d definitely be interested in getting hold of those!
Where did you come across the 60 gig file please?