Author Topic: Bringing Back The Human Touch  (Read 1841 times)

elshara

• KIDD
Bringing Back The Human Touch
« on: December 13, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »
Hi, people! And fans of Art. Otherwise lack their of, but radio geeks never the less,
I'm one of you and have been for awhile now. At least since 2009. Though not an expert in radio hosts, I have followed the metaphysical/paranormal scene for several years now. And I wanted to ask you a few things, that you may or may not have noticed.
Generally, when it comes to radio, and management practices in general, have you noticed a trend lately? The kind where, in certain cases, genuine interest and participation is fostered to only mean at best, some sort of a producers and editors wet dream. To edit out, for example, the little things that make you feel important as a guest or caller or listener to a program. The things which define themselves clearly as the human touch.
Pauses in speech. Asking questions. Feeling like letting your emotions be heard in your voice. Mannerisms and quintessential dialog. Most importantly, finding equal ground between listeners and the host plus featured guests.
Have any of you noticed good radio never lacks these small touches? It seems to me, that back in the good old days of radio, we were less focused on tight air time, ads for the sake of ads, promoting general discord and screening as well as secretly editing people's air time to the point where everything said was done in a rush, or done where you couldn't quite finish what you wanted to say. Not to mention being critical to any extent results in you never getting yourself heard a second time, even if the criticism is not meant to harm or attack said person in question.
As someone whose been into shows of a paranormal nature for some time, and interested in hosting their own network, how would you feel if the human touch became a factor once again on the air? After all, relating to one another solves key challenges when working with others who only wish to garner public support and foster further communication together as a group. I plan to start the earth intel network and or psy radio comline (I'm taking requests for names) and am interested if anyone has an interest in a no nonsense, intelligent and progressively forward thinking radio program that does what it's set out to do from start to finish. With no, network surprises or shall we just say, editors selections along the way. Or at least, ones that would alter the way in which information was presented, or advertised to the intended recipient.
I think it's high time radio started promoting honest and fair content. While I'm on the subject, television as well deserves the same treatment. Lets put the days of mistrusting media behind us, and work together to build a better world however we can. Improvements starts with acknowledgment, recognition and acceptance of things which need to change. Collectively, anything is possible. I'm looking into ways in which such can get a head start. I wonder if I'm the only one who has considered this, or if perhaps, the time is not right yet.
Either way, thanks for reading my thread! this is a lovely community a friend of mine has talked about for some time now with me. Thank you for the invite, friend!

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Bringing Back The Human Touch
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 01:33:14 AM »
Hi, people! And fans of Art. Otherwise lack their of, but radio geeks never the less,
I'm one of you and have been for awhile now. At least since 2009. Though not an expert in radio hosts, I have followed the metaphysical/paranormal scene for several years now. And I wanted to ask you a few things, that you may or may not have noticed.
Generally, when it comes to radio, and management practices in general, have you noticed a trend lately? The kind where, in certain cases, genuine interest and participation is fostered to only mean at best, some sort of a producers and editors wet dream. To edit out, for example, the little things that make you feel important as a guest or caller or listener to a program. The things which define themselves clearly as the human touch.
Pauses in speech. Asking questions. Feeling like letting your emotions be heard in your voice. Mannerisms and quintessential dialog. Most importantly, finding equal ground between listeners and the host plus featured guests.
Have any of you noticed good radio never lacks these small touches? It seems to me, that back in the good old days of radio, we were less focused on tight air time, ads for the sake of ads, promoting general discord and screening as well as secretly editing people's air time to the point where everything said was done in a rush, or done where you couldn't quite finish what you wanted to say. Not to mention being critical to any extent results in you never getting yourself heard a second time, even if the criticism is not meant to harm or attack said person in question.
As someone whose been into shows of a paranormal nature for some time, and interested in hosting their own network, how would you feel if the human touch became a factor once again on the air? After all, relating to one another solves key challenges when working with others who only wish to garner public support and foster further communication together as a group. I plan to start the earth intel network and or psy radio comline (I'm taking requests for names) and am interested if anyone has an interest in a no nonsense, intelligent and progressively forward thinking radio program that does what it's set out to do from start to finish. With no, network surprises or shall we just say, editors selections along the way. Or at least, ones that would alter the way in which information was presented, or advertised to the intended recipient.
I think it's high time radio started promoting honest and fair content. While I'm on the subject, television as well deserves the same treatment. Lets put the days of mistrusting media behind us, and work together to build a better world however we can. Improvements starts with acknowledgment, recognition and acceptance of things which need to change. Collectively, anything is possible. I'm looking into ways in which such can get a head start. I wonder if I'm the only one who has considered this, or if perhaps, the time is not right yet.
Either way, thanks for reading my thread! this is a lovely community a friend of mine has talked about for some time now with me. Thank you for the invite, friend!
What do you think of George Noory's style?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:32:38 AM »
You need to bring back the human rouch on the return key.  Please double space when you want to start a new para.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 01:50:53 PM »
You need to bring back the human rouch on the return key.  Please double space when you want to start a new para.
Robert asked you to touch lol.  Oh please, return to touch his para-prosthetic, tee hee.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:10:24 AM »
Robert asked you to touch lol.
No, apparently I asked him to rouch.  Seems I'm rouch-ryping now.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »
No, apparently I asked him to rouch.  Seems I'm rouch-ryping now.
So hip!
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rouch

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »