Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 118822 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »
Three touchdowns by the defense, iirc. Sorry I didn't check back @Kidnostad. I have now moved on to Sunday's football

You missed a hell of a college game last nite. LSU vs A&M. 7 OTs. Unbelievable.
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2018, 10:14:21 PM »
You missed a hell of a college game last nite. LSU vs A&M. 7 OTs. Unbelievable.

Wow! They don't even have that many OTs in the pros. In fact I think they are down to one. I will have to look up the score and find some highlights
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »
In a city the size of Jacksonville, can’t somebody find a motorcycle and a 25-year old blonde to lure Bobby Petrino back as offensive coordinator?
Merry Christmas

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »
In a city the size of Jacksonville, can’t somebody find a motorcycle and a 25-year old blonde to lure Bobby Petrino back as offensive coordinator?
The Jaguars seem to be very good at finding ways to lose games. Now we have players not involved in a play running across the field to punch an opponent. Our season is over. Best to lose the rest of the games for a better draft pick. At least the Jacksonville Icemen hockey team is doing well  :)

LawnBoy

• KDWN
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2018, 08:35:45 AM »
Patriots WR Josh Gordon leaves team, reportedly facing indefinite NFL suspension

Not a big surprise but unfortunate.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2019, 10:29:40 AM »
Steelers have to clean house.  They HAVE to, but they won't.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2019, 10:23:01 PM »

There is still a chance for an all LA Super Bowl
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2019, 10:28:52 PM »
There is still a chance for an all LA Super Bowl

I am still shocked at the ending of the Bears game.
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:55 PM »
I am still shocked at the ending of the Bears game.

Yep. What a mortifying loss. I'm sure the Bears kicker is still kicking himself

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »
Yep. What a mortifying loss. I'm sure the Bears kicker is still kicking himself

They were jinxed as soon as @DaveSchrader picked them to win the Super Bowl.
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
They were jinxed as soon as @DaveSchrader picked them to win the Super Bowl.

Keep him away from the Rams

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
Battle of the Westlake QB's on Sunday. Should be fun even if folks have divided loyalties.

https://www.kxan.com/sports/westlake-coaches-reflect-on-brees-foles-showdown-in-nfl-playoffs/1696992196

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Instant Karma! Rams and Saints. The better team won despite the big mouth fans. I'm not as angry as I was during the first half since my guys won. But seriously. I want to watch games where the players determine the outcome. Not a bunch of bystanders. And even worse that Sean Payton coached the fans to yell during the huddles. Shades of quarterback bounty-gate. I really like the Saints. And been a fan of Drew Brees since his San Diego days. I would have been totally fine if the Saints had won. In a fair game. Home field advantage is one thing but this is ridiculous. Like too many things the last few years, this is another case of partisanship taken to an ugly extreme

Thus endeth the Rant of TigerLily.  The Rams are going to the Super Bowl! Yeah, Baby! Sean McVay was so cute. Bradshaw just asked him about his birthday next week. He was so excited he couldn't even answer the question. Just started yelling "we're in the Super Bowl!"

Ok. Another bowl of veggie soup - I'm recovering from a deadly flu virus - then on to Kansas City

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »
Instant Karma! Rams and Saints. The better team won despite the big mouth fans. I'm not as angry as I was during the first half since my guys won. But seriously. I want to watch games where the players determine the outcome. Not a bunch of bystanders. And even worse that Sean Payton coached the fans to yell during the huddles. Shades of quarterback bounty-gate. I really like the Saints. And been a fan of Drew Brees since his San Diego days. I would have been totally fine if the Saints had won. In a fair game. Home field advantage is one thing but this is ridiculous. Like too many things the last few years, this is another case of partisanship taken to an ugly extreme

Thus endeth the Rant of TigerLily.  The Rams are going to the Super Bowl! Yeah, Baby! Sean McVay was so cute. Bradshaw just asked him about his birthday next week. He was so excited he couldn't even answer the question. Just started yelling "we're in the Super Bowl!"

Ok. Another bowl of veggie soup - I'm recovering from a deadly flu virus - then on to Kansas City
I disliked those big mouth show off fans. The better team won.
Hope you feel better soon. Did you get the flu shot this year?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »
I disliked those big mouth show off fans. The better team won.
Hope you feel better soon. Did you get the flu shot this year?

Thanks FISH. I did get the flu shot. First time because I had that horrible influenza last year. I never thought the flu shots seemed particularly effective. I could be wrong. But it certainly didn't do anything for this nastiness.