Author Topic: The 100 Years Ago Thread  (Read 1427968 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
Re: The 100 Years Ago Thread
« Reply #3240 on: October 23, 2019, 06:01:58 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @GravitySucks, @Bobs Your Uncle, @Zetaspeak and @Aquarius, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mrs. Thompson has spoken and so has the panel.  Lots of good responses on this one.

1.  Peggy is not appreciating the blessings that she already has.  If she were to leave her husband she would miss the comforts and luxuries that he supplies.
2. She thinks about the other man because she has nothing important to occupy her mind with, thus....
3.  Do some volunteer work, say, like at the Red Cross.   
4.  She should educate herself.  Learn how to speak French or Spanish.  Take an art class too.  (Those of you who were clever enough to list an art class of a specific type will get the 10 points.)

GravitySucks: 31 points
Bart Ell: 11 points
anniem: 11 points
Zetaspeak: 11 points
Aquarius: 11 points
Mr Apnea: 10 points
BobsYour Uncle: 2 points
juan: 2 points

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3241 on: October 23, 2019, 06:05:55 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @GravitySucks, @Bobs Your Uncle, @Zetaspeak and @Aquarius, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

Mrs. Thompson has spoken and so has the panel.  Lots of good responses on this one.

1.  Peggy is not appreciating the blessings that she already has.  If she were to leave her husband she would miss the comforts and luxuries that he supplies.
2. She thinks about the other man because she has nothing important to occupy her mind with, thus....
4.  She should educate herself.  Learn how to speak French or Spanish.  Take an art class too.  (Those of you who were clever enough to list an art class of a specific type will get the 10 points.)

WOW GS WOW

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #3242 on: October 23, 2019, 06:19:49 PM »
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #3243 on: October 23, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
WOW GS WOW

I think I was married to her in a previous life.
Are we having fun yet?

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #3244 on: October 23, 2019, 06:23:41 PM »

Hi @juan...how ya doin? Yeah, me too...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #3245 on: October 24, 2019, 01:42:04 AM »
         From the Library of Congress, 1919.

What Will Mrs. Thompson Say?

Mrs. Desperate is certainly in need of our help.  How can you help her out in the way of offering some good advice, plus in answering her questions?  I know for a fact that Mrs. Thompson will be recommending that Mrs. Desperate do a certain something that will bring in some good money.  Care to make a guess what it is?  The correct answer will get you 20 points.      

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3246 on: October 24, 2019, 01:52:32 AM »

Mrs. Desperate is certainly in need of our help.  How can you help her out in the way of offering some good advice, plus in answering her questions?  I know for a fact that Mrs. Thompson will be recommending that Mrs. Desperate do a certain something that will bring in some good money.  Care to make a guess what it is?  The correct answer will get you 20 points.    

I don't care if my answer is the "money" answer or not.  She should take her children, and whatever she needs to care for them as fast as she can,  and get out of there ASAP!!!  I'm speaking from from experience.  She should seek, family, close friends, or as a last resort, the authorities for temporary shelter.  Much better than she or one of her little ones getting seriously injured or killed.

If she has friends, or family members whom are witnesses to his abusiveness, and a competent lawyer, She and her children should be safe.

By the way.  I was just notified that my ex passed away last week, so my answer may be self-conflicting.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3247 on: October 24, 2019, 05:07:04 AM »
GREETING Mrs. Thompson, @Rikki Gins  & gang.
Over 2 weeks ago, my better half passed over. It was sudden and I was with him. Mr Fish, John lived a successful life. I am still connected with my Ellgab buddies. I am doing OK. I will return to help Mrs. Thompson's fans.
 I will grieve the rest of my life. Now it is up to me on how I will grieve.
“What is success?
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3248 on: October 24, 2019, 05:29:42 AM »

Yes you should leave him.
You may also want to leave the kicky kind behind, he seems like trouble.
You can support yourself by becoming a live-in maid for the women from yesterday, she married rich.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #3249 on: October 24, 2019, 06:54:53 AM »

Leave the man.  Run away with the kids. You will get them in a divorce.  Find a lumberjack to protect you.  The kid that hits is young enough if you get him away from his father, he will stop hitting you.  You should be able to correct him.

Raising kids is your strength.   Get into kid care.   Maybe a Nanny and Cook for the rich.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #3250 on: October 24, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
Over 2 weeks ago, my better half passed over. It was sudden and I was with him. Mr Fish, John lived a successful life. I am still connected with my Ellgab buddies. I am doing OK. I will return to help Mrs. Thompson's fans.
“What is success?
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My sincere condolences Fish.  May you find peace.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3251 on: October 24, 2019, 08:06:02 AM »
“What is success?
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you for the update, I'm keeping you in my thoughts. So very sorry for your loss.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3252 on: October 24, 2019, 08:50:24 AM »
Dear Dessie,
Find a portal and run away with the kids. Also find a good lawyer. He’ll get you alimony, the kids and child support. Don’t be a fool and go back. If you really are a good cook, you can find another man if you need one.
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3253 on: October 24, 2019, 08:59:00 AM »

You should leave the brute, file charges against him and get a divorce. You might want to sew him into the bedsheets and take out your frustrations with a broomstick but please don’t. Use an ax handle. 

Sell your oldest child to the circus or carnival to fund your new lifestyle. Just kidding but thought you could use a laugh. 

You should not have any trouble getting a position as a trainee to be a nurse at a local hospital.

You
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3254 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »
Dearest @FISH, my heart is heavy today.  I wish you peace. 
Are we having fun yet?