Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 331665 times)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2018, 04:17:15 AM »
PBS ... you deserve all this praise and complements... I’ve (virtually) watched you grow with your skills over the last several years and I know the poo-poo you had to go through at times on BG ... and you persevered

Yup, IMHO — you’ve come a long way — congrats on the podcasting and also on becoming a drone pilot !  👍🏻👏🏻
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and yes you know the challenges I faced at times at bellgab!

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2018, 06:08:15 PM »
my mess of  a mixer (yea i know compared to some its tame but eh)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2018, 06:29:56 PM »

Bass all the way down? Can't see.

I thought PBS's volume issues were caused by proximity because of the changes in tone.
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:05 PM »

If it is too tame for you draw a tiger on it!

VENUS FIREBALL XL5

• KDWN
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »
 You are so right Mrs C, Miss Pony Boy has risen above it all.   I wasn’t too keen on her at first, but she has grown on me like a fungi LOL.

Also I would like to thank WR250  for his technical savvy.
 Also, Mr. WR was the only one that answered me when I had a question. Thanks for answering me even if I’m not one of the cool kids. Although I really am but no one knows it.
Spaced out Biatch

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »
Bass all the way down? Can't see.

I thought PBS's volume issues were caused by proximity because of the changes in tone.
the white sliders are channel volumes. the grey  sliders are group master volume. the red slider is stereo out master volume. bass/treble is controlled by knobs on individual channels.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »
You are so right Mrs C, Miss Pony Boy has risen above it all.   I wasn’t too keen on her at first, but she has grown on me like a fungi LOL.
i agree.
[/quote]
 Also, Mr. WR was the only one that answered me when I had a question. Thanks for answering me even if I’m not one of the cool kids. Although I really am but no one knows it.
[/quote]
not a problem, i do try to help others.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2018, 07:34:04 PM »

Anyone who pilots a spaceship is cool!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2018, 07:42:05 PM »
the white sliders are channel volumes. the grey  sliders are group master volume. the red slider is stereo out master volume. bass/treble is controlled by knobs on individual channels.
Oh, I know.mixers.  I just can't see the location indicators on those green knobs, presumably those are your tone controls with the blue top knobs being effects/monitor sends.

For talk shows, when I was a board op for a radio station, I learned to have the bass EQ all of the way down because there is nothing happening down there except rumble from mic stands being touched and extraneous noises such as farts and the occasional belch. For 30-plus years now, if it's strictly a speaking voice mic, I drop the low EQ shelving to its lowest point.
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2018, 07:49:40 PM »
I drop the low EQ shelving to its lowest point.

No low cut filter on my voice, I hit the Barry White frequencies and need that space below 100 to make the ladies tingle.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
No low cut filter on my voice, I hit the Barry White frequencies and need that space below 100 to make the ladies tingle.
Dissonance down there has a special effect...
Eh, nevermind...

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2018, 07:54:27 PM »
Oh, I know.mixers.  I just can't see the location indicators on those green knobs, presumably those are your tone controls with the blue top knobs being effects/monitor sends.

For talk shows, when I was a board op for a radio station, I learned to have the bass EQ all of the way down because there is nothing happening down there except rumble from mic stands being touched and extraneous noises such as farts and the occasional belch. For 30-plus years now, if it's strictly a speaking voice mic, I drop the low EQ shelving to its lowest point.
my mic has a bass roll off switch built into it. thats whats being used for now. im just an amateur with mixers and broadcasting.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #582 on: August 30, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
my mic has a bass roll off switch built into it. thats whats being used for now. im just an amateur with mixers and broadcasting.

You pulled it off nicely!  I missed the first 30 minutes but listened to the regular end, not a glitch to stand out.  I wish I could have heard the after party...
Eh, nevermind...

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #583 on: August 30, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »
You pulled it off nicely!  I missed the first 30 minutes but listened to the regular end, not a glitch to stand out.  I wish I could have heard the after party...

well i do spend time test before each show.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #584 on: August 31, 2018, 05:02:34 AM »

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you're enjoying the show.