Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 333486 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #825 on: September 09, 2018, 01:05:15 PM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #826 on: September 09, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »
LOL   :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My brain synopsis is about to explode and blow stuff up.

Back to writing a paper on measuring forecast accuracy and dealing with a kid who has a stomach bug, I hope.
Eh, nevermind...

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #827 on: September 09, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »
Just listened to the show this morning. Yesterday, I was only able to listen to the first 20 minutes live. I joined the chat but I wasn’t there after a few minutes. 

THIS WAS YOUR BEST SHOW. yet. I hope many more will come. I was surprise to hear this female with a British accent talking. Slowly I realize that was @DynamoHum talking and she was FAB. I did not want to miss this show but plans were made and I had to go. Thanking @ponyboysunset & CO.

Dave Scott’s story about the ghost in the stairwell was eerie. My first time hearing Dave talk. I plan to listen to him more on Spaced Out Radio.

Last but not least, I want to thank @wr250. I know that sometimes the quietest one in the room is pulling everything together and working the hardest.

Thank you for your lovely words! New mic arrives tomorrow!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #828 on: September 09, 2018, 01:42:01 PM »
Thank you for your lovely words! New mic arrives tomorrow!

If I can figure out how to do it, I will forward you a PM... Keep an eye or two out for it.
Eh, nevermind...

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #829 on: September 09, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
If I can figure out how to do it, I will forward you a PM... Keep an eye or two out for it.

Ohh ok!
I’m intrigued now!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

DaveScottSOR

• Hall Of Famer
  • Drone Pilot
    • Spaced Out Radio
« Reply #830 on: September 09, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
Thank you again #Ellgabbers for an amazing time on the #BartCast.  @ponyboysunset @DynamoHum @wr250, you all were great to talk to.  And to the people who heard me for the first time speaking, it was a pleasure to share some of my stories and experiences with you.  I look forward to chatting with you all again.  Always feel free to reach out and say hello!

#PraiseBE
Come give Spaced Out Radio a listen some time. We like the WOO!

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #831 on: September 09, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Thank you again #Ellgabbers for an amazing time on the #BartCast.  @ponyboysunset @DynamoHum @wr250, you all were great to talk to.  And to the people who heard me for the first time speaking, it was a pleasure to share some of my stories and experiences with you.  I look forward to chatting with you all again.  Always feel free to reach out and say hello!

#PraiseBE

Thanks again Dave! We greatly appreciate you coming on to our little show.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #832 on: September 09, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »
Just giving credit where it is due.  You guys have been aping your betters across the Channel so long, you forgot you were doing it.

Curiosity- who are “you guys” exactly?
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #833 on: September 09, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »
@DaveScottSOR had some nice words for our gif ninja @Bluejay, too
If Bluejay's karma was a penis he'd be hung like a horse. Gadzooks! Currently at 469! I'm just in and out of double digits what with being a jackass and all..  tough gig.

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #834 on: September 09, 2018, 08:16:48 PM »
Curiosity- who are “you guys” exactly?

That would be just about everyone in England, according to this map.  Rhoticity is native to English and is rapidly being replaced.  Note how recent the shift is.  As far as I can tell, it's almost entirely class-driven.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As an amateur linguist I deplore homogeneity and as an American I do not believe in class, so whenever I hear the accent praised for status reasons I try to offer a little perspective.

Aldous Burbank

• KNYE
« Reply #835 on: September 09, 2018, 08:28:50 PM »
Stop it. I don’t come here to learn shit.

Omg fer sures this thread is being my favorite piece of Elldom right now.

Aldous Burbank

• KNYE
« Reply #836 on: September 09, 2018, 08:36:03 PM »
I deplore homogeneity

Not there's anything wrong with it.

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #837 on: September 09, 2018, 09:23:57 PM »
Not there's anything wrong with it.

Well there is, actually.  We're familiar with racial discrimination in this country but in England, where everyone crammed on their tiny little island historically looks more-or-less the same, they've had to find other ways to step all over each other, and accent status is one.  We really have no idea in this country what it's like.  It's a product of the same pernicious human impulse, and the associations of status with accent are no more respectable.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #838 on: September 09, 2018, 09:26:47 PM »
Well there is, actually.  We're familiar with racial discrimination in this country but in England, where everyone crammed on their tiny little island historically looks more-or-less the same, they've had to find other ways to step all over each other, and accent status is one.  We really have no idea in this country what it's like.  It's a product of the same pernicious human impulse, and the associations of status with accent are no more respectable.

I get a kick out of the fact that there is now a “mockney” accent. Let’s imitate the lowest of the lowest class. At least we won’t sound muslim.
Are we having fun yet?

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #839 on: September 09, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
I get a kick out of the fact that there is now a “mockney” accent. Let’s imitate the lowest of the lowest class. At least we won’t sound muslim.

It's interesting if you watch a lot of British tv they have hired people who've obviously been told to amp up their native dialects.  Very different from the old BBC.