Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 848676 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #7005 on: August 30, 2022, 12:21:37 AM »
I, too, just tuned in at the beginning of the second hour...

I turned my device back on to play U7 Radio (and post here)...
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7006 on: August 30, 2022, 12:24:51 AM »
DATE
Monday - August 29 2022
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Marc Cushman, Kim Dennis
First Half: Television writer, director, and TV historian, Marc Cushman will discuss the emergence of the TV drama genre during the 1960s with such shows as I Spy, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and finally, Star Trek. He'll detail the many ways Star Trek changed not only the face of television but inspired many modern technological advances and opened the door for interracial and diverse choices in casting.

Weren't there TV dramas before the 1960s? Westerns were dramas, private eye series were drama, lawyer show were drama, medical/doctor series were drama - sounds like his supposition that TV drama was a 60s invention is full of shit.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7007 on: August 30, 2022, 12:30:12 AM »

tomorrow night is the scam infomercial night with 'Pharmacist Ben' and another fraud who talks to the spirits of your pet dogs. fuck he needs to be stopped, this is ridiculous what he's been allowed to do to Coast to Coast. Who would be the best person to write/call at Premiere Networks?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7008 on: August 30, 2022, 12:37:04 AM »
Weren't there TV dramas before the 1960s? Westerns were dramas, private eye series were drama, lawyer show were drama, medical/doctor series were drama - sounds like his supposition that TV drama was a 60s invention is full of shit.
Yep and before the 50s tv shows there were drama radio shows that the later tv shows were often based on.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7009 on: August 30, 2022, 12:38:13 AM »
tomorrow night is the scam infomercial night with 'Pharmacist Ben' and another fraud who talks to the spirits of your pet dogs. fuck he needs to be stopped, this is ridiculous what he's been allowed to do to Coast to Coast. Who would be the best person to write/call at Premiere Networks?
Thats probably Tommy's responsibility

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7010 on: August 30, 2022, 05:53:59 AM »
I’d say it’s a safe bet to say “Nobody.”

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7011 on: August 30, 2022, 08:39:47 AM »
I never knew about the copyright lawsuits messing up the Twilight Zone canon... I think this of information is all sNoory's fault. The only one that I knew of was the one with George Takei.

Eh, nevermind...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #7012 on: August 30, 2022, 12:49:30 PM »
I never knew about the copyright lawsuits messing up the Twilight Zone canon... I think this of information is all sNoory's fault. The only one that I knew of was the one with George Takei.

Thank you for posting this!!! Never knew about these!!

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7013 on: August 31, 2022, 01:48:23 AM »

No way was I going to listen to the piece of shit show Noory and Danheiser put together so I listened a bit to Red Eye Radio - I couldn't hate Noory more but one of the co-hosts on Red Eye Radio gives Noory some competition for worst broadcaster in the world title. I guess the lesson to be learned is they'll put anybody on in the middle of the night when ratings aren't even taken.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7014 on: August 31, 2022, 02:08:50 AM »
I find it offensive that Premiere put Noory in Art's chair but Noory himself isn't offensive, he's too dull and stupid to be offensive, he's pathetic but the dude on Red Eye Radio is offensively annoying or annoyingly offensive, he thinks he's funny and intelligent in the way of Rush Limbaugh.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7015 on: August 31, 2022, 07:53:36 AM »
No way was I going to listen to the piece of shit show Noory and Danheiser put together so I listened a bit to Red Eye Radio - I couldn't hate Noory more but one of the co-hosts on Red Eye Radio gives Noory some competition for worst broadcaster in the world title. I guess the lesson to be learned is they'll put anybody on in the middle of the night when ratings aren't even taken.

That happened to me last night as well. Scammer guy was pitching a snake oil so I went over to red eye when I took my shower and it was unbearably bad. I got to bed, put on U7 Radio and set the sleep timer for 2 hours.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7016 on: August 31, 2022, 10:34:39 AM »
I turned to Red Eye a few weeks ago.  It was worse than all the coast hosts. The only one I can stand is Frank Moreno on WABC.
Merry Christmas

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7017 on: August 31, 2022, 10:57:04 AM »
had a very disturbing experience this morning - i had never heard Noory's voice in the light of day. I was listening to Armstrong and Getty who are kind of ok, and then out of nowhere I hear Noory, it stunned me. I guess he records plugs for the next show and radio stations play them during the day. The sad part is people who don't stay up late at night hear the plug and probably think Noory is legitimate - the description of the show and the guests *sounds* quite interesting, it's not until you actually listen that you realize it's a farcical enterprise.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7018 on: August 31, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »
It would be interesting to find out who writes those promos.  If that person can make Coast sound legitimate, he or she is a great copywriter.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7019 on: August 31, 2022, 02:25:53 PM »
... I went over to red eye... and it was unbearably bad...

I turned to Red Eye a few weeks ago.  It was worse than all the coast hosts...

I've never listened to it but you guys have me thinking that 'Red Eye' is for the rage & anger at the insult to intelligence & purposeful horribleness of it, and not because it's on late at night.