Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 848665 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #8820 on: April 05, 2023, 06:41:18 PM »
Imagine what he'd look like without turmeric, the POS90 exercise machine, and all the rest of the supplements he recommends.

I wonder if those advertisers have seen him.  He might not be their best spokeshole.

What he saves in energy by not doing show prep, he spends throwing twenties at homeless people.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8821 on: April 06, 2023, 01:15:18 AM »
Have I mentioned this yet? He's doing that active listener thing by being a thesaurus and restating what the guy just said just using a different word.

I've got the radio on now, it just is so fucking annoying.

Art was a fucking god compared to this peon of an altar boy.
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #8822 on: April 06, 2023, 07:37:11 AM »
Somebody suggested to me that he had lied about his age.  They said there is no way that he is the way he is the age he states he is.  He made himself younger when he is in fact older.  That could be true, especially if you look at his lack of knowledge of music in that era and the strong preference to the music he listens to and uses for bumpers. 

Add five years or ten years to what he states he is and think about the possibilities. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8823 on: April 06, 2023, 02:27:48 PM »
Great point.

How old was his mother when he says she had him?  Could it be she was a child bride... or worse?
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8824 on: April 06, 2023, 10:42:17 PM »
The bumper music, oh how awful.  Sorry says, "How could you not be happy listening to that?"  Um, because grown men making monkey noises and doing baby talk while banging on pots and pans, calling their lover is, um, well, it, we, just think you could find something more suitable for late-night adults.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8825 on: April 06, 2023, 10:43:01 PM »
Somebody suggested to me that he had lied about his age.  They said there is no way that he is the way he is the age he states he is.  He made himself younger when he is in fact older.  That could be true, especially if you look at his lack of knowledge of music in that era and the strong preference to the music he listens to and uses for bumpers. 

Add five years or ten years to what he states he is and think about the possibilities.
He is 72.  And he looks it.  Go to Beyond Belief to see.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8826 on: April 06, 2023, 10:45:57 PM »
Have I mentioned this yet? He's doing that active listener thing by being a thesaurus and restating what the guy just said just using a different word.

I've got the radio on now, it just is so fucking annoying.

Art was a fucking god compared to this peon of an altar boy.
With a normal person, yes, active listening.  But with Sorry, it comes off wrong because he doesn't use the right tone/murmurs for that.  It ends up sounding like he is explaining THEIR statement even though they just did.

I'm not sure I'm going to last very long tonight.  That song and the comment after it was a very bad start.  It's almost judgmental, "How can you not be happy listening to that?"  Something very negative, smug, and kind of bitter in those words.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8827 on: April 06, 2023, 10:49:43 PM »
sNorry’s first news segment guest talked about the Trump indictment.  For his last question George asked, “Wouldn’t it be better for Biden to pardon him now?”  The guest stumbled around before giving a non-answer.  Instead, he should have said, “No, you idiot.  The president can’t pardon state charges.”
Not to mention that regardless of how one feels about the issues at hand, there is no denying that Trump was a terrible pardoner himself.  He waited until the last minute, which I think had negative consequences, but I can't remember, and was heartless to a couple of people who really deserved pardon.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8828 on: April 06, 2023, 11:11:45 PM »
And another angst song.  Some impoverished lover who can only donate a song about a house.  I'm sorry, but things that are sentimental in your 20s are just plain sad in the 50s.  Take the bitch out to dinner and quit whining to the rest of us about what you can't do or afford.  Give freely instead of making the gift all about you and your limitations.  It's not cute over 35 years old.  It's callow.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #8829 on: April 06, 2023, 11:24:18 PM »
The bumper music, oh how awful.  Sorry says, "How could you not be happy listening to that?"  Um, because grown men making monkey noises and doing baby talk while banging on pots and pans, calling their lover is, um, well, it, we, just think you could find something more suitable for late-night adults.

George is trying to teach his moves to Tommy.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8830 on: April 06, 2023, 11:38:11 PM »
And a 90s drinking song by someone swallowing their words while cringing, reminding us all we are old.  This is really, really aggravating.  Sounds like they can't even afford a lamp to dance to.  I certainly am not going to dance in the dark, liable to break a hip.  What a terrible person he is.

What awful song is this?  I can't find it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8831 on: April 06, 2023, 11:48:01 PM »
I think I heard this tonight. I've been busy, but it was on in the car...

Guest: Self doubt
sNoory: Second guessing

Guest: Courage
sNoory: Guts

Maybe he thinks his listeners are retards. Mr. Thesaurus strikes again and again and again.
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8832 on: April 07, 2023, 12:38:48 AM »
And now a condescending, lecturing song.  "Don't carry the world upon your shoulders".  Why can't he just uplift people instead of telling them not to be down?  Why am I still here.  It's like a trance.  Is he any better in person than this on-air crap?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8833 on: April 07, 2023, 12:39:49 AM »
I think I heard this tonight. I've been busy, but it was on in the car...

Guest: Self doubt
sNoory: Second guessing

Guest: Courage
sNoory: Guts

Maybe he thinks his listeners are retards. Mr. Thesaurus strikes again and again and again.
About the developmentally disabled thing, well, if he thinks the listeners are, all I can say is it takes one to know one.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8834 on: April 07, 2023, 12:42:59 AM »
Noory has yet another psychic medium on tonight, seems like lately he has one on at least two nights/week.
That means an hour of personal readings for callers that are only interesting to that particular caller, not to the rest of the audience. 
Thats why Art Bell NEVER allowed personal readings for callers on the air, only general interest questions for psychics...