Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 38770 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2019, 10:46:26 AM »
@TigerLily the prequel? I want to know who will be the writers.

They called "'Wrap!”   Kit Harington was disappointed with Season 8 and so was I. I did not need to go into treatment after the ending of GoT.
I was forced to get a grip after watching Episode 3 "The Long Night." David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (the books) to fall back on. I was so disappointed.  Episode 2 became the final for me, written by “coffee boy” Bryan Cogman.
Disappointed and almost alone. Almost all the people in my life was praising Got Season 8. Everyone except me and Mr. Fish. I went to social media to see if something was wrong with me and my opinion. I found The Dragon Demands. This Dragon had called out D&D years ago. I have climb onto this dragon’s back. I relate to this dragon and it's videos on YouTube.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/User:The_Dragon_Demands

Seems like it will be all new writers and showrunners. I guess GRRM is also helping provide framework, vision and backstory. And it will be set thousands of years in the past. I had been avoiding like the plague  any slight hint of GoT spoilers until I finished the whole binge. Now I can immerse myself in all the total geekness online. Thanks for link, @FISH . Looks like a good place to start. Here's a link for the prequel https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-prequel-working-title-bloodmoon/

I'm sorry you were disappointed. I would be seriously disappointed if last season left me disappointed (what??).  I've already watched "The Long Night" twice. So intense. And during the second watching I could appreciate the directing and editing. Like choreography. Maybe I could have wished for happier endings. But not really. With GRRM you know that's not going to happen. In fact I was afraid the ending was going to be much darker. No. I'm very satisfied and thought the end of each person's story was true to character. I really think this was the best tv ever

Valar Dohaeris
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »
Seems like it will be all new writers and showrunners. I guess GRRM is also helping provide framework, vision and backstory. And it will be set thousands of years in the past. I had been avoiding like the plague  any slight hint of GoT spoilers until I finished the whole binge. Now I can immerse myself in all the total geekness online. Thanks for link, @FISH . Looks like a good place to start. Here's a link for the prequel https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-prequel-working-title-bloodmoon/

I'm sorry you were disappointed. I would be seriously disappointed if last season left me disappointed (what??).  I've already watched "The Long Night" twice. So intense. And during the second watching I could appreciate the directing and editing. Like choreography. Maybe I could have wished for happier endings. But not really. With GRRM you know that's not going to happen. In fact I was afraid the ending was going to be much darker. No. I'm very satisfied and thought the end of each person's story was true to character. I really think this was the best tv ever

Valar Dohaeris
@TigerLily Valar Dohaeris.
Balance is important. This is one of my favorite videos regarding Jon Snow Story Problems and Alternate Ending

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2019, 07:45:47 AM »
@DynamoHum , OK enough time has passed since the ending of GOT.

What are your thoughts?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2019, 04:06:33 PM »
@DynamoHum , OK enough time has passed since the ending of GOT.

What are your thoughts?

I feel very ambivalent about it. There was parts of this last season I loved, parts I was absolutely not in love with and parts that just left me “meh” about. Clearly rushed so D&D could go play with Star Wars, and that’s reprehensible and I hope HBO and others in the industry remember what they did.

There was disservice to characters and there was great service to characters.

The documentary The Last Watch was amazing and I enjoyed that possibly more than the last two episodes. The effort put in by the cast and crew was ultimately shat on by D&D.

I will watch the prequels, and I really really wish there was an Arya spin off. Possibly a Jon spin off as well.

I will definitely get the books read in readiness for the last books coming out - GRRM has had a fabulous focus group for those books he is writing.

Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2019, 05:44:14 AM »
I feel very ambivalent about it. There was parts of this last season I loved, parts I was absolutely not in love with and parts that just left me “meh” about. Clearly rushed so D&D could go play with Star Wars, and that’s reprehensible and I hope HBO and others in the industry remember what they did.

There was disservice to characters and there was great service to characters.

The documentary The Last Watch was amazing and I enjoyed that possibly more than the last two episodes. The effort put in by the cast and crew was ultimately shat on by D&D.

I will watch the prequels, and I really really wish there was an Arya spin off. Possibly a Jon spin off as well.

I will definitely get the books read in readiness for the last books coming out - GRRM has had a fabulous focus group for those books he is writing.
@DynamoHum , thank you for answering my question. I respect your views. I enjoyed reading @TigerLily 's take on GoT. @Spookcat has remained wordless on her viewpoint. So what do you say Ms @Spookcat ?

Season 8, episode 1 & 2 were enjoyable. After watching Episode 3 –I was no longer ambivalent about GoT’s Season 8. The greatness of Got was ancient history.

Episode 3 to 6, D&D were noted as the writers. D&D decided to completely ignore logic, common sense, and character arcs just to put the show behind them as quickly as possible.

Episode 2 was written by D&D’s coffee boy, Bryan Cogman.
   When Weiss and Benioff snapped up Cogman as their own assistant, they set up shop in a dingy suite of now demolished offices on the former Pickford-Fairbanks Studios lot and asked the guy who thought he was just there to fetch lunches where they should start.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/bryan-cogman-game-of-thrones

Episode 2 was my favorite episode in Season 8.

I have not watched the documentary The Last Watch. I cannot endure watching D&D being praised. IMO-- Benioff aka Friedman is one of those rich kids who has a strained relationship with their parents. He does not have talent and he has issues.
After reading your comment, I may watch it. I am not a nitwit. I am aware that the cast and crew performed amazing work on Season 8. All my dislike is directed to D&D.

GRRM is not a rich man’s son. He is a brainy one.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2019, 09:07:48 AM »
You should watch the documentary ... there’s a line in it you will enjoy.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2019, 04:24:55 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2019, 01:49:01 PM »
The last season was shit. Total shit. Hated it.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.