Author Topic: Christmas 2019  (Read 29000 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Christmas 2019
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
Peace on Earth, good will to Men.

Not women.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2019, 03:00:01 PM »
Peace on Earth, good will to Men.

Not women.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »
What's on the menu for your Christmas meals?  (Dinner/Breakfast)

My dinner menu has become a lot simpler since I've cut ties with some family, and backed out of commitments, ever since my outburst.  (posted somewhere early in this thread)  I feel liberated actually, with no guilt whatsoever.  Anyway...

Breakfast is always Buckwheat pancakes, peppered bacon, and eggs.

Dinner will be determined soon.  Cooking for 4 so it will be so much easier.  Beef tenderloin is on the menu, along with some versions of carrots and green beans.  Plus mashed potatoes in some form.  (Maybe Duchess?)  Banoffe Pie and a poppy seed roll for desert. (I think)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2019, 02:13:18 PM »

My dinner menu has become a lot simpler since I've cut ties with some family, and backed out of commitments, ever since my my outburst.  (posted somewhere early in this thread)  I feel liberated actually, with no guilt whatsoever.  Anyway...

Dinner will be determined soon.  Cooking for 4 so it will be so much easier.  Beef tenderloin is on the menu, along with some versions of carrots and green beans.  Plus mashed potatoes in some form.  (Maybe Duchess?)  Banoffe Pie and a poppy seed roll for desert. (I think)
Make that 5 - I’ll be right over. Sounds yummy!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2019, 07:58:50 PM »

My dinner menu has become a lot simpler since I've cut ties with some family, and backed out of commitments, ever since my outburst.  (posted somewhere early in this thread)  I feel liberated actually, with no guilt whatsoever.  Anyway...

In our home growing up my father would make clam sauce over pasta for he and my mother, and my brothers and I would have spaghetti and Dad's garlic bread. My husband is able to replicate the clam sauce. On Christmas we have in the past done a turkey, but this year I'm thinking of a Chateaubriand with mushroom wine sauce etc. 

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2019, 09:43:10 PM »
"A Windy Winter's Day"
One of several photos I shot one day in 2012.  Close enough to Christmas to put here. ;) :-*

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »
"A Windy Winter's Day"
One of several photos I shot one day in 2012.  Close enough to Christmas to put here. ;) :-*
Now that's a skyline! Nice :)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2019, 10:51:47 PM »

@ShayP  Super rich thick and hoppy craft beer ALL FUCKING DAY!! ;D

But really::
Since 01 my wife has been making eggs benny every Christmas morning, sometimes even for a small army. They all leave after and return for dinner because they're all day barnacles looking for free stuff. Kidding. I still don't know what she does with that homemade Hollandaise sauce but it's divine and I could drink it like soup. She'll usually uses a nice deli shaved ham or smoked salmon. Or BOTH - this year as things have gotten out of hand with guests ::)  Would you please come yell at them for me?? ;D

No lunch needed because we'll be napping.

Dinner will be a classic extreme buttery Turkey basted in some concoction she learnt of while working in a Greek restaurant many years ago. Roasted garlic mash (I do those) Glazed carrots. Brussel sprouts done in chicken stock with bacon (again, don't know what she does but I'm glad she does it) And Paula Deen's mac n cheese (because my wife is a racist) ;D ;)

After that will be a flourless Chocolate lava cake. Originally it was supposed to be just US TWO! but now we have nine adults and four kids. Instead of the four kids I'd rather have baby goats running around the house ::) Compact little assholes who don't stop asking me for stuff. "I could throw you through the window you little shitbirds!" FUCK OFF!

I'm missing several details and finishing touches but you get the point.

PS  for my wife's staff party she took everybody (I paid for me) to the pea shoot chef's place.  Pictured you'll see the wilted pea shoots on the side of my plate. They were on TOP of my chicken masala.  I love masala sauce :-*

oh yeah, great stuffing of course  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »
In our home growing up my father would make clam sauce over pasta for he and my mother, and my brothers and I would have spaghetti and Dad's garlic bread. My husband is able to replicate the clam sauce. On Christmas we have in the past done a turkey, but this year I'm thinking of a Chateaubriand with mushroom wine sauce etc.

Sounds deee lishus! 🐱
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2019, 02:28:43 AM »
A new experience last night - the brass group played Christmas music at a Chic-fil-a. They put on a big kids party. Someone wore a cow outfit with the cow wearing a Santa suit. Cute girl elves handed out little cows to the kids. It was a raucous event and nobody bitched about us being too loud. And at the end, we got free food - always a blessing for starving musicians.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2019, 04:02:55 AM »
@ShayP  Super rich thick and hoppy craft beer ALL FUCKING DAY!! ;D

But really::
Since 01 my wife has been making eggs benny every Christmas morning, sometimes even for a small army. They all leave after and return for dinner because they're all day barnacles looking for free stuff. Kidding. I still don't know what she does with that homemade Hollandaise sauce but it's divine and I could drink it like soup. She'll usually uses a nice deli shaved ham or smoked salmon. Or BOTH - this year as things have gotten out of hand with guests ::)  Would you please come yell at them for me?? ;D

No lunch needed because we'll be napping.

Dinner will be a classic extreme buttery Turkey basted in some concoction she learnt of while working in a Greek restaurant many years ago. Roasted garlic mash (I do those) Glazed carrots. Brussel sprouts done in chicken stock with bacon (again, don't know what she does but I'm glad she does it) And Paula Deen's mac n cheese (because my wife is a racist) ;D ;)

After that will be a flourless Chocolate lava cake. Originally it was supposed to be just US TWO! but now we have nine adults and four kids. Instead of the four kids I'd rather have baby goats running around the house ::) Compact little assholes who don't stop asking me for stuff. "I could throw you through the window you little shitbirds!" FUCK OFF!

I'm missing several details and finishing touches but you get the point.

PS  for my wife's staff party she took everybody (I paid for me) to the pea shoot chef's place.  Pictured you'll see the wilted pea shoots on the side of my plate. They were on TOP of my chicken masala.  I love masala sauce :-*

oh yeah, great stuffing of course  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds wonderful. Marsala sauce MMMMMMMMM

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2019, 04:03:47 AM »
A new experience last night - the brass group played Christmas music at a Chic-fil-a. They put on a big kids party. Someone wore a cow outfit with the cow wearing a Santa suit. Cute girl elves handed out little cows to the kids. It was a raucous event and nobody bitched about us being too loud. And at the end, we got free food - always a blessing for starving musicians.

Fun! Good chicken.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2019, 04:05:02 AM »

@anniem  Red or White clam sauce?  I love linguine with white clam sauce.  I had some family (very few) and several friends' families back in Pittsburgh that would have that on Christmas Eve.  Me, I've never had it on the holiday but wish I could.  I'm afraid I'd be cooking for one though.  The Chateaubriand sounds like a great idea. 8)  It seems that beef dishes are becoming a tradition for me the past several Christmases and since I'm doing the cooking I'm fine with that.  ;) :D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2019, 04:11:55 AM »

@juan  That sounds like a good time.  I never considered any musical group playing in a Chic-fil-a.  In fact I didn't know you could have parties there.  My knowledge of the place is nil.  I've eaten at one in a mall food court a very long time ago...probably 15 years or so.  I don't even recall if it was good.  It seems to be all the rage now.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2019, 04:12:57 AM »
@anniem  Red or White clam sauce?  I love linguine with white clam sauce.  I had some family (very few) and several friends' families back in Pittsburgh that would have that on Christmas Eve.  Me, I've never had it on the holiday but wish I could.  I'm afraid I'd be cooking for one though.  The Chateaubriand sounds like a great idea. 8)  It seems that beef dishes are becoming a tradition for me the past several Christmases and since I'm doing the cooking I'm fine with that.  ;) :D

Ah, linguine with white clam sauce. I think pasta on Christmas eve would not only satisfy the Italian in my Dad but was relatively easy to do before the turkey type dinner.  He cooked it for two, but tomato sauce wasn't too hard to do. Salad, garlic bread YUM.