Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274696 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #510 on: April 09, 2019, 05:45:56 PM »
Absolutely @PB . No wonder no one wants to watch the Academy Awards. I use to like De Niro's movies.

Decades ago the studios ran Hollywood, and they insisted their stars dress and act the part, at least in public.

Fast forward to now where if the football team owners want the players to show respect and not drive fans away, well, there must be something wrong with them (the owners)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #511 on: April 09, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »
Decades ago the studios ran Hollywood, and they insisted their stars dress and act the part, at least in public.

Fast forward to now where if the football team owners want the players to show respect and not drive fans away, well, there must be something wrong with them (the owners)

Do you think this is because the idea of earning money has changed to expecting money?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #512 on: April 09, 2019, 06:02:16 PM »
Do you think this is because the idea of earning money has changed to expecting money?

Could be.  Some of it is just being a reflection of society

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #513 on: April 09, 2019, 06:09:35 PM »
Could be.  Some of it is just being a reflection of society

Hm. Yeah.   :-\

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #514 on: April 09, 2019, 06:46:07 PM »
Isn’t he the one who was banging the hot, crazy one?

Oh I think the answer is yes!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...to his immediate left...

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #515 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:32 PM »
Just read this, pretty interesting!

Glad ya liked it, a bit of Tucson history gone weird as always... ::)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #516 on: April 09, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
Glad ya liked it, a bit of Tucson history gone weird as always... ::)

I did like it. This thread has been most enjoyable today. Early day for me tomorrow. Have a nice night.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #517 on: April 09, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »
Exactly what I say. Those quotes! Today I posted there to him the way he posts to people. He loves attention, so I gave him some. I can't say any of it was fun though, not like how it was before the hijack.

Hi, @anniem, I'm just dipping in to this thread as I get caught up after a very busy and intense few days.  ;)

I was at first surprised at how you were posting towards him, but then really glad, and gave you +1's several times when I could. Good for you!

I really do wish that everyone would just totally ignore him as if he didn't exist and didn't post, he'd go away eventually for lack of attention. I know he won't do that, but secretly I wish Bart would just put him in the zoo permanently, the stink he leaves here with every post belongs there.

Oh well, whatever. I'm glad I've found you all here. +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #518 on: April 09, 2019, 09:52:45 PM »
What does "spinning the wax" mean?

Seriously? This has probably been answered, but it's reference to early records, made from wax discs by Edison. It means spinning the vinyl LP's, pre-CD's and pre-mp3's. Just in case it hasn't been answered.

I listened to Wolfman Jack too, once we could get his signal in NYC. +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #519 on: April 09, 2019, 09:59:04 PM »
Did you ever go across the pedestrian bridge over to Main Street Station? They have a Hall Of Fame for record craps sessions all along the walls of the bridge ... one guy went for like 200 odd rolls!

I never managed to master craps, my dyscalculia kills me with it.

I did win a number of poker tourneys at Billions, they used to give out T-shirts that said you won a tourney there! The coffee shop at Binions was fabulous!

I am not good at craps, either, but several times I have won nicely at the harness track or regular horse racing track. What's my formula? I bet on the horse who is wearing the silk colors that I like the best for that race, especially if it looks good on that color horse. If the silks don't to it, then I just bet on the horse I like looking at. Nothing whatsoever to do with knowing anything at all about the horses.  8)

Once at Saratoga in upstate NY a woman got reallly angry at me and started cursing at me because I had just won the trifecta (three races in a row), and then a win, place, and show combination on the next race. I don't remember how much I won, they were all $2 bets, but it was a lot for the day. She asked me what my formula was for picking the hourses. I told her the truth about picking the horses based on the colors of the silks or the look of the horses and she got really mad at me, accusing me of lying and being secretive about my methods. She got even madder when I laughed, because I was in fact telling the truth. Go figure!  ;)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #520 on: April 09, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
Great choices, maybe the Amittyville House too?

Or where the Exorcist was filmed?

Amityville house is nothing to see anymore, not worth it. Just fyi.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #521 on: April 09, 2019, 10:03:26 PM »
On the road with @Aldous Burbank

Art Bell seems to be leading our way.

May your journey bring you to interesting places in the galaxy! But do let us know if it does...  ;) +1 @GravitySucks

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #522 on: April 09, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »
@starman , most of us in EllGab had our start in the old country. I have a different name in the old country. I rarely post in the old country. I am a small fry over there. I am not tough enough to hang out with the big boys. Or maybe I don’t want that type of interaction.
Being an Art Bell fan was reason I joined a “Social Media Forum”.  I joined the old country January 2013. After Art Bell's passing, I wanted more information regarding his death. I traveled back to the old county and ended up in the HW thread. Suddenly that forum shut down. Thanks to Bart Ell we have EllGab. I am also thankful for THE BARTCAST EPISODE 6 – KAREN JACKSON, AIRYN BELL.  Most of my questions about Art Bell's final days were answered. Yet, I remained in the HW thread. WHY?
During the summer, I had injured my foot. I was still employed before my injury. My better half is a retiree. Now I had an injury that require a bone stimulator. I had to wear that device on my foot for 10 hours a day. In November, my foot healed. During that time, my mind healed as well. My job had a very high potential for being harmed. I realized that it was time for me to resign from my job before, I was truly injured.  Hence EllGab filled a void in my life. In the HW thread, there are so many really smart people. I truly “like” so many of our members. I enjoyed all the clever comments.
As I was lament the passing of Art Bell, I realized that I was in the wrong thread. The HW thread has been hijacked. It started to feel like the old country to me. That one vs Parry—The Fisher King was my get out of town signal. I decided that it was time for me to take a stroll around EllGab.
It was sad for me to realize that the HW thread has 6250 pages and this thread has 28 pages.

Again, I thank @Bart Ell , @wr250 for the tech stuff. @ponyboysunset and @DynamoHum  for being so brave for hosting.
https://thebartcast.com/the-bartcast-episode-6-karen-jackson-airyn-bell/
I am glad you are on the mend. Why did we stay over there? Maybe I am bored. I think this will be my new thread....:) Fish you are truly a peach of a lady!!! Hugs

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #523 on: April 09, 2019, 10:08:21 PM »
I am glad you are on the mend. Why did we stay over there? Maybe I am bored. I think this will be my new thread....:) Fish you are truly a peach of a lady!!! Hugs

I think soon we will be able to go back over there... but please, just totally ignore him and don't reply to ANYTHING he posts! He will not like being invisible!

'Night all!

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #524 on: April 09, 2019, 10:18:02 PM »
Art Bell...wow. I discovered Art in 93 . I have so many wonderful memories. He was the friend who hung out in Splendora Texas and just made me happy.
I love this thread. Lets celebrate Art. I have so many friends on Ellgab . I have enjoyed hanging out with yall and I am hoping for many more yrs to come.
We all loved Art...Coast to Coast, Sirius, DMDN...We had a common friend. Someone who scared the bejesus out of us and made the night go faster. We found out the crazy ppl called in and were awesome comic relief.
God bless Art Bell. The Godfather of paranormal radio.