Poll

This is a real scenario.  Regarding the salutation, "Have a nice day", GD believes

It is polite.
0 (0%)
It is too commanding.
0 (0%)
It is juvenile.
0 (0%)
No one actually means it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 28, 2019, 01:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Living With Grandma's Daughter  (Read 25113 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Living With Grandma's Daughter
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2019, 02:51:26 AM »
And more negative surprises.  She claims not to be a Christian and it shows. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2019, 12:28:29 AM »
Last night, I volunteered to clean the oven.  No problem.  Then today she pulled a surprise & says a realtor will be here tomorrow.  I replied, "I wish you would have told me yesterday so I could have prioritized."  She didn't know what I meant.  I told her if she had let me know yesterday, I could have paced myself cleaning my areas which do show, instead of spending hours cleaning the inside of an oven.  She still doesn't really "get it".

It's just insulting.  As if my appearance, my impression doesn't matter at all.  She is so backwards.  You'd think she'd want my areas white glove clean so she could subtly mention to the realtor that I am looking for a private live-in care giving job, in case the realtor knows anyone.  Or subtly mention I'm here because I'm not getting enough office work, in case the realtor knows someone hiring.  But, GD won't do that. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »
Today's shift was cut by 4.5 hours.  Then it was cut by another 3 hours.  But I got paid for some.  How awful.  Not the first time lately.

Two prior employers did not declare my wages to Employment Security.  So, when I received my unemployment checks, they were substantially smaller than my entitlement.  What a shocking finding this weekend.  I'll have to contact them.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2019, 02:08:20 AM »
That worked out well.  Everything was proper even though it didn't look right.

Bio-mom was gone a night due to the weather, staying with a friend.  I was able to put a lock on my closet door, since she made a threat against my work clothes & shoes, and other items in there.  I don't think she would really follow through, as abusing someone's stuff is illegal.  But just in case.  I would rather put the lock on the bedroom door, but I don't want to have a fight over it or risk the cat losing liberty.  She won't notice the closet lock, though.

I hate how she gets mean right after I pay rent, or clean house.  Simply perverted.  If I were able, I would look at her and say, "You are being rude.  I just paid you rent.  Because you are being rude, I am going to stop the rent check.  I will write you another check on a better day, but I'm not going to have you be rude after I just handed you hundreds of dollars."

As for her being rude on nights after I cleaned her home, I can't really go back & make things a mess.  It would only hurt me.  All I can do is slow down on chores in common areas.  Or just do a little at a time, which is kind of what I've adjusted to.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2019, 07:20:13 PM »
And I thought I had it bad with FIL.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2019, 11:20:51 PM »
And I thought I had it bad with FIL.
Nice to have a little sympathy.  Well, I got home & all my stuff is still here so evidently her threat a few weeks ago (with today's date) was cancelled.  So, she was law-abiding and we have a peaceful night sans hot cops...  :).

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2019, 01:47:29 PM »
I guess I've gotten used to the ridiculous.  She thrives on drama.  Working a lot lately helps.  Neighbors are catching on to her evil ways and she wants to relocate.  There were no problems between 2/14 and 3/14 after a relative talked to her.  And she even feeds the cat when I'm working long shifts.  But, after St. Patrick's Day, she's kind of back to her evil ways.  She blocked my car in on purpose again and left in someone else's car, making me late for work.  But, the house is not on the market yet, so that's good.  But we keep things "realtor ready" almost every day, as she does have a realtor.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2019, 08:02:47 PM »
I have only read this page but I would say you should just pack what you can and leave.
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2019, 07:34:19 PM »
I have only read this page but I would say you should just pack what you can and leave.

She's had other less savory digs, but this sounds miserable. :-\

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Nothing money can't fix...

Lately, I've been working 12-15 hours days.  The other day, GD was angry about having to feed the cat when I've been gone.  She said, angrily:  "Your cat is extorting me.  When I don't feed her, she gets sick on the carpet.  This is extortion.  She has me hostage."   It sounds hilarious, but she absolutely meant it 100%.  I just don't understand how she can be that way.

A few years ago, GD had given me her precious, well-worn cookbook but later she recently said she resented giving it away and missed it.  So I found an edition.  It came in the mail yesterday, in brown wrap.  Anyhow, I suggested she open it right away because it was something she has wanted and recently mentioned.  I reminded her Mothers' Day is coming & no harm in opening it early.  She declined & just sourly said the best gift I could give is to get back on my own (been here since summer).  I felt so angry that I almost didn't give it to her.  I definitely decided it won't be her Mothers' Day gift.  I might just slip it into the kitchen recipe books & when she notices, act blase.  Anytime I do anything nice or pay rent, she tries to start fights.  Some people just can't be happy.  I think she has real depression, so no sense getting too personal about any of it. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 11:47:02 PM »
She was very unpleasant today.  She manages well with her acquaintances for the most part.  But she sure is rude to family.  Nothing was good enough for her this evening, no matter how homemade, how organic, or how well prepared.  And, she wanted to fight before bedtime.  I responded by vacuuming the house.  Kind of hard to fight over the noise of a vacuum.  On my birthday.  I wanted to do vacuum tomorrow anyway, because company is coming.  Nothing like a head start.

She tried to get me to clean and vacuum her car, but thank God that did not happen.  Isn't it enough I shopped for, cooked, and cleaned up after everything we ate today, on my birthday.

There was a gift.  But her comment, "I want the ribbon back" was pitiful.  If it had been anyone else, I would have said Take The Whole Thing Back Bitch.  But, since it was her I tried to be nice.  But I don't plan to put ribbons on gifts for her anymore for a while, that's for sure.  Maybe I'll keep a nice ribbon on hand in case she balks, but if she does, I am still going to say, "I want it back".

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 11:49:26 PM »
Happy Birthday sofia.
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2019, 08:30:14 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »
Thank you, GS.
Why didn't you just say it was your BD? I sincerely hope you have a wonderful day. Treat yourself to something, I say. Come to think of it, that CHAIR has wheels  on it so perhaps I'll just sit on it and wheel it on down like skateboarding, but sitting :D

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:52 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.