Author Topic: Soothing Music  (Read 9219 times)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
Re: Soothing Music
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
Because we all want to go back

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »
Didn't know about this thread.  Was listening to some June Hutton earlier today.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
"Pipeworks" on KFMA tonight from Cathedral Church of St. John the Devine. Warning tho sometimes the organists go a bit rouge on some songs/hymns which I usually like in their standard playing. But mad skills, keep in mind playing multiple keyboards, stops, and pedals!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »
This is about as soothing as I can get. You didn't say anything about vocals or no vocals. I reserve the right to remove this post if I get called a sissy.

Nobody is allowed to call anybody sissy here sez me, @ksm32! I love Bonnie Raitt. Vocals, non-vocals, whatever people find soothing is welcome here. Post away and thank you! +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 08:57:30 PM »
Didn't know about this thread.  Was listening to some June Hutton earlier today.

This thread just started from the Drama w/o HW thread, spun off of the conversations around the chanting she was playing from her server.

I love this, thanks for posting it!

I am loving almost everything people have posted so far, these are people and groups I don't know about but so far like very much! Thank you all!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 09:25:29 PM »
Some old favorites of mine, referred to a few days ago on the HW thread. More of different kinds coming soon. Enjoy!

Deva Premal: Gayatri Mantra

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 09:27:29 PM »
This is Deva Premal's entire album Mantras for Precarious Times on YouTube. These mantras are purposely repetitive, 108 times each, to change one's consciousness. Not for easy listening, but very effective for calming and soothing.

If you go to the page on YouTube, the mantras are listed and you can look to see what they're for.

&t=26

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »
One more for now, she has so many really wonderful ones on YouTube, go look for yourself! Seen her live many times, transcendant experiences.

The graphics are not hers, someone set her music to these, but enjoy anyway.

Moola Mantra Meaning: Om (We are calling on the highest energy of all)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 09:36:36 PM »
And some more of the wonderful Krishna Das live..

The Hanuman (Monkey God) chant)

As always, it starts slow and builds wonderfully.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2019, 10:03:59 PM »
On another note...

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »
Maybe not soothing? But inspiring as a live performance... from Miss Saigon, the two original Broadway cast members who sang this duet...

One of my very favorites.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2019, 10:14:42 PM »
Just trying to give you some variety quickly tonight... more when I have more time. This is a vivid memory for me from both the Broadway show and this movie version, which I saw when I was very young. The gorgeous Something Wonderful from The King and I. Enjoy!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2019, 10:51:32 PM »
Yet another kind of soothing...

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »