Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 185966 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #855 on: April 27, 2019, 10:47:28 AM »
                              The Gabcast Report Card:

One thing you can say about the Gabcast, and MW touched on this in pondering what a listener new to this drama might think were they to go back in the archive and listen at random, is that the eclecticism factor is off the charts. There truly were some amazingly great moments and we have to respect his venerating the years long commitment he's made to this AB milieu.

It is a thing.
The old country..and then the new country.
MV does have a voice with quick thinking for "radio".  And that's all i have to say about that...
I often wonder how many members in EllGab were /are members in BellGab?  90%?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #856 on: April 27, 2019, 10:53:42 AM »
MV does have a voice with quick thinking for "radio".  And that's all i have to say about that...

100% agreed.

Has to be at least that given how it was birthed.

I wonder how many members of Ballgrab have remained sticky to both forums by percentage - maybe 20%?

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #857 on: April 27, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
                              The Gabcast Report Card:

Richard Groyper - in his second outing as a co-host - at best a C-   The sneer he has on Twitter and Youtube just doesn't come across, he's not very quick on the humorous uptakes, and as the show progressed he slipped so far into the background that he actually fell asleep! If McGuirk had donen this to Imus he'd have found himself sanding panels in Fred's El Paso bodyshop... ::)

Roswells Art- Despite some early heavy breathing microphone antics she recovered to become listenable, that is WHEN she was able to punch through MW's rollicking, humor-laden, imbibement-driven monologue. But very little edge, and no drama at all, in other words the antithesis of her edgy and sarcastic posting style. It's as if the microphone up and bitch slapped the sand out of her! Truly, I expected more, a LOT more...nice voice though, sounds just as personable as her avatar.

Content - Honestly for the first 2/3rds of the show to be taken up by personal spite sessions against certain posters, wild claims of Ballgrab's perceived glory in getting Art to un-retire, and a rather tepid interaction with the formerly flammable Anthony, one has to mark it at best a C+ largely driven by MW's scintillating humor, poised puns, and general jolliness. It's a fine line to tread when mixing drink and radio - he actually nailed it too! Pity it couldn't have been with better co-host interaction though. The term 3rd wheel comes to mind...

Audio - Skype was largely not a miscreant, initial mic woes aside. The callers processed well, the overall sound was up to MW's usual broadcast standard, as too were his pipes. The guy can flat bring it aurally!

One thing you can say about the Gabcast, and MW touched on this in pondering what a listener new to this drama might think were they to go back in the archive and listen at random, is that the eclecticism factor is off the charts. There truly were some amazingly great moments and we have to respect his venerating the years long commitment he's made to this AB milieu.

It is a thing.
Thanks for the recap. I only listened to part of it, including the part where Groyper was caught apparently dozing off :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #858 on: April 27, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »

I was there one little month before it shut down. I never posted. I think I logged in since it has been back, cannot remember what I wanted to find. Something or other. Would that count?

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #859 on: April 27, 2019, 11:13:32 AM »
I was there one little month before it shut down. I never posted. I think I logged in since it has been back, cannot remember what I wanted to find. Something or other. Would that count?
It counts  :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #860 on: April 27, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
It counts  :)

Oh goodie. I like to be included in stuff.

How are you today?

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #861 on: April 27, 2019, 11:22:22 AM »
Oh goodie. I like to be included in stuff.

How are you today?
I am doing good. Spring cleaning and fixing things time and getting the house back in order after new flooring was put in. The problem is it is not easy to do when the weather outside is so nice, currently 78 degrees and sunny. Hope you are having a good day.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #862 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:44 AM »

I wonder how many members of Ballgrab have remained sticky to both forums by percentage - maybe 20%?
I go over there occasionally if there is a potential conspiracy theory to stoke.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #863 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:50 AM »
I am doing good. Spring cleaning and fixing things time and getting the house back in order after new flooring was put in. The problem is it is not easy to do when the weather outside is so nice, currently 78 degrees and sunny. Hope you are having a good day.

I am. Relaxing.
What sort of flooring did you put in?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #864 on: April 27, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
I go over there occasionally if there is a potential conspiracy theory to stoke.
I don't consider it some kind of sin, so no need to go all Nick Bosa on us...  ;)

Cleveland Zackhouse

• KNYE
  • Americae Delenda Est
« Reply #865 on: April 27, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »
It's not hard to imagine the typical EllGabber: the odour of cat fur and peppermint hits you like a force field. Stretch marks a mile wide. The inch-thick make-up still not enough to conceal the rictus of tragic desperation. And as for South of the Equator, that rusted shut during the Eisenhower administration.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #866 on: April 27, 2019, 11:49:03 AM »
It's not hard to imagine the typical EllGabber: the odour of cat fur and peppermint hits you like a force field. Stretch marks a mile wide. The inch-thick make-up still not enough to conceal the rictus of tragic desperation. And as for South of the Equator, that rusted shut during the Eisenhower administration.
Why not be a "man" and sock down to reveal your actual identity?

Yer yella!

Ya haven't got the guts!!!!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #867 on: April 27, 2019, 11:51:52 AM »
I don't consider it some kind of sin, so no need to go all Nick Bosa on us...  ;)

who? wha?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #868 on: April 27, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »

Oooo go won, yer jest jealous

Cleveland Zackhouse

• KNYE
  • Americae Delenda Est
« Reply #869 on: April 27, 2019, 11:53:53 AM »
Why not be a "man" and sock down to reveal your actual identity?

Yer yella!

Ya haven't got the guts!!!!

Nobody gives their identity on here, you dolt!