Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182507 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2019, 11:54:32 AM »
I don't see your thoughts as being combative at all. I do understand what you are saying.
I was active again on Bellgab since May of last year.
You are probably right about that. My concern was the attacks on Ellgab about being Nazi-like or anti-free speech. I am coming from a viewpoint that no site is completely free speech and censor free. Moderating a site and even banning is a necessary evil. Years ago, I was a moderator on a well-known personality's forum for many years. I never liked having to ban someone or removing someone's posts but sometimes it was necessary as there are people out there that will do everything they can to tear something down. I think many people don't realize that certain posts (contested copyright infringement, illegal content, etc.) must be removed, otherwise the forum owner is legally liable. Censorship? Yes, but necessary. Forum's will also have their own rules. I think Bellgab even has a rule about posting other's personal information.

Looking at the Dr MD MD vs Metron battle on Bellgab, apparently both have been banned for now. That was necessary and also unfortunate. Battles like the one they had going, especially when they migrate to other topics in a forum, will drive people away. I don't know why it took so long as that battle was brewing and deteriorating for some time.

I remember when Metron first arrived on Bellgab. It would always be interesting to login and see what Metron had to say. Metron was a breath of fresh air and had some really interesting posts. I even nominated Metron for "BellGabber Most Likely To Succeed 2018" in that thread of the same name in June of last year before the shutdown. I don't know what happened to Metron. I do hope Metron will be back at some point as the Metron we used to know in the earlier days. I don't really know about Dr MD MD's history and if something is going on with him causing his part in that battle.
Metron was co-opted by MD and apparently realized it. When he called MD out for trying to do what he called "political purity tests" among the conservative posters MD flipped right out and a war ensued. The original Metron you mention never went completely away, he simply posted in non-political threads with Weiner and Tootsie before she was banned. MD then went and trashed those threads and Weiner quit for good.

So what is the purpose of Bellgab? This forum supports MITD, kitty kat talk and the paranormal. Bellgab is like a cockfighting ring. But that's MV's design, isn't it?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »
Metron was co-opted by MD and apparently realized it. When he called MD out for trying to do what he called "political purity tests" among the conservative posters MD flipped right out and a war ensued. The original Metron you mention never went completely away, he simply posted in non-political threads with Weiner and Tootsie before she was banned. MD then went and trashed those threads and Weiner quit for good.

So what is the purpose of Bellgab? This forum supports MITD, kitty kat talk and the paranormal. Bellgab is like a cockfighting ring. But that's MV's design, isn't it?

Hi Metron. Glad to see you found a way to post again. Keep posting like this and Bart might not send you to the zoo again.
Are we having fun yet?

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2019, 12:20:19 PM »
Sarcasm. Its the lowest form of wit!
not well-liked, but right

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »
Hi Metron. Glad to see you found a way to post again. Keep posting like this and Bart might not send you to the zoo again.
Hi GS, are we collecting mac addys. again?   :D

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »
Is it the design MV wants? I don't know. I don't know if MV even knows. It's difficult to believe MV is happy with the way things have gone at Bellgab since it was reopened.

One big difference between Ellgab and Bellgab is that Bart seems to have fun contributing to and running Ellgab. By contrast, MV seems to loathe having to run Bellgab almost as if it is a love/hate relationship. No one is making any real money with these forums, so if someone is not having fun running them, what is the point?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »
Is it the design MV wants? I don't know. I don't know if MV even knows. It's difficult to believe MV is happy with the way things have gone at Bellgab since it was reopened.

As a bastion of "free speech" it became only Fight Club.

As a purveyor of Art's legacy it had some moments, but not many.

One difference between Ellgab and Bellgab is that Bart seems to have fun contributing to and running Ellgab. By contrast, MV seems to loathe having to run Bellgab almost as if it is a love/hate relationship. No one is making any real money with these forums, so if someone is not having fun running them, what is the point?

I wouldn't say there's no money being made, not with Adsense and plenty of eyeballs and content:

https://www.incomeactivator.com/15027/100-With-AdSense.htm

A niche website with high quality articles works well with affiliate marketing. You can might be able to earn $40 to $80/day from affiliate selling with correct implementation and execution.
Now your total earning per day is $100 + $40 + $200 +$40 = $380 from CPC, CPM, Direct Ad Sell, Affiliate Marketing for 40,000 page views per day. I’ve taken the lowest possible earnings from all the 4 sources.

$380 per day means $11,400 per month (380X30= 11,400) Or, $136,800 per year (11,400X12=136,800).

When deciding to be in the 'Creating Content Business' your desired earning of $100 per day from Google AdSense is achievable. 1,000s of people are making money by writing articles, and you can do it too, when you are Focused!

P.S. The above results can be possible if you produce at least 200 to 250 great articles or blog posts per year for 2 years. So how much traffic you actually need to make $100 per day from Google AdSense – It’s way less than 40,000 Page Views Per Day!

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03:51 PM »
It's difficult to believe MV is happy with the way things have gone at Bellgab since it was reopened.

One big difference between Ellgab and Bellgab is that Bart seems to have fun contributing to and running Ellgab. By contrast, MV seems to loathe having to run Bellgab almost as if it is a love/hate relationship. No one is making any real money with these forums, so if someone is not having fun running them, what is the point?

I find it so strange that you think MV dislikes BellGab being up again.  ???

Surely if he couldn't stand it, it would be closed.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »
I think he loves the click-through bucks, as to the rest of it...probably more of a pain than anything. :-\

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2019, 01:12:03 PM »
I have to admit that it’s odd that one of the big complaints over on BG about EG was that people were banned willy nilly as it were...now I don’t follow the stats on who is banned on EG (no idea how one would do that) but it would appear the the majority of regular posters do manage to be able to carry on unbanned, unlike the ban fest that seems to be happening over on BG.

Bart is not a dictator, we know what is acceptable and what isn’t, and we are respectful of one another. If that means it’s a bit boring ...well it appears to be a lot more fun here than it does on BG currently.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
I think he loves the click-through bucks, as to the rest of it...probably more of a pain than anything. :-\

I may just ask him myself.  :)

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2019, 01:21:17 PM »
I have to admit that it’s odd that one of the big complaints over on BG about EG was that people were banned willy nilly as it were...now I don’t follow the stats on who is banned on EG (no idea how one would do that) but it would appear the the majority of regular posters do manage to be able to carry on unbanned, unlike the ban fest that seems to be happening over on BG.

Bart is not a dictator, we know what is acceptable and what isn’t, and we are respectful of one another. If that means it’s a bit boring ...well it appears to be a lot more fun here than it does on BG currently.

LMFAO! Willy nilly? Did you read some of the epithets that were permitted for weeks before the gavel came down? Nothing has changed, and bannings haven’t ramped up any great deal of late. It’s just that certain users have unraveled.

Perhaps it was that blood moon, or something in the stars. I just think certain EllGabber’s like to say MV is X, MV is Y.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2019, 01:22:04 PM »
I may just ask him myself.  :)
And you may find yourself ignored or even banned - once Brig takes offense you it will end swiftly, trust me... :o

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2019, 01:26:37 PM »
LMFAO! Willy nilly? Did you read some of the epithets that were permitted for weeks before the gavel came down? Nothing has changed, and bannings haven’t ramped up any great deal of late. It’s just that certain users have unraveled.

Perhaps it was that blood moon, or something in the stars. I just think certain EllGabber’s like to say MV is X, MV is Y.

I don’t really know or even had any interaction with MV. Just seems like every week someone is moaning about one ban or another.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2019, 01:29:46 PM »
And you may find yourself ignored or even banned - once Brig takes offense you it will end swiftly, trust me... :o
Really? Should I be cautious?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »
Really? Should I be cautious?

Once you understand @brig you might love her or you might just ignore her. Overall she is a good egg.
Are we having fun yet?