Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 186053 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2019, 02:49:38 PM »
Oh sure, drama works...until it doesn't...which is the point of the bans. Minus Heather there are only a few cards left to play and Neely is an actual danger, Vara is foundering like Hoaxie now, and Dave has zero drama - he's a technician. Banging on Noory is played out ftmp and no one has figured out how to LARP Jimmy Church. So that drama card looks to be in the discard pile.

Maybe MV thought the high drama count was cool initially then realized it was an implosion. Maybe that's what really blew Bellgab up initially. And maybe after looking at how many years he's been doing this, how many podcasts he produced, maybe it's just old hat to him now and boring and none of us has another Art Bell to coattail on.

Have you ever seen a forum literally go into a coma and rebirth before as this one did? It's all very much like Tim Allen taking his show from ABC to Fox.

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
If nothing changed then nobody would be banned and you would be posting about knockoffgab more today over there then spending your day doing your contrarian act on here.

Do allow me to clarify, please. What I meant by nothing having changed is that BellGab isn't going through a banning spree ... it only looks that way, from the questionable and flimsy "evidence" key EllGabber's seem to have gathered and referred to without actually citing it from a reliable source. Its all hearsay. How BellGab is being run is no different than how its always been run in the past.

Hmm. As far as me posting about this site, which I affectionately dubbed Knock-off Gab (for my own amusement) on BellGab, its not like I sit around there giving a blow-by-blow account about what transpires here.

Now, do I sometimes come across screenshots or other tidbits of hot goss that peak my interest, that makes for fun discussion, that results in a shared chuckle with my mates there? Sure thing, you got it.

Lastly, on my supposed "contrarian act" (my aren't you terse), in case you hadn't noticed, user accounts in this place are bolted to an immovable karma count - so YES, I do have my mask my darkness to some degree, out of respect for the environment and its inhabitants with which I am interacting.

Were you hoping you had "caught me out" with your observations?! If so, I admitted to the cardinal sins I've been charged with ...  so WHAT NOW??!
not well-liked, but right

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »
You have to wonder whose sock disclosure is given it came into existence on 1-31-19.

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
Oh and as far as the acid washing of IP addresses goes, I think anyone who's picking up what I've put down knows who the culprits were. So no need to cover your tracks, as it was all blown out in the open long ago ...  I need not expound.
not well-liked, but right

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2019, 03:03:21 PM »
Have you ever interacted with him?  One night he and I interacted a lot - trying to help another member.  It was a triumph of sorts.
@Sofia Are you saying he's nicer than me? Remember, I was prepared to rent you a truck and pay for your move to Atlanta, not to mention first and last months rent!  And no I have never interacted with him. I always hated hearing his voice whenever he would call in to the gabcast. It's a voice thing.. and I hate his.  That said I wish him no ill will or misfortune.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2019, 05:20:18 PM »
@Sofia Are you saying he's nicer than me? Remember, I was prepared to rent you a truck and pay for your move to Atlanta, not to mention first and last months rent!  And no I have never interacted with him. I always hated hearing his voice whenever he would call in to the gabcast. It's a voice thing.. and I hate his.  That said I wish him no ill will or misfortune.
White Crow is nicer than everyone.
You offered me an office chair, not a relocation package.  Although the leather jacket is hard to resist.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »
... Wonder how the always anti-censorship and 100% free speech Bellgabbers feel about it now? Wonder how MV feels about being a site m-o-d-e-r-a-t-o-r?

Then again, who cares

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2019, 05:34:54 PM »
You almost never see "miss" and "MD" in the same sentence. Missing that hateful dunce is akin to missing a brain tumor.

Just to clarify, I didn't say I missed HIM.  Every so often he'd forget, and decide to follow me around and attack (if that's the word for his drivel).  It was great fun having him beg me to stop once I started responding to it.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »
That's genuinely funny and truthy.

Truthiness is funnier than parody now. We genuinely live in strange times.  ;)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2019, 05:47:56 PM »
Just to clarify, I didn't say I missed HIM.  Every so often he'd forget, and decide to follow me around and attack (if that's the word for his drivel).  It was great fun having him beg me to stop once I started responding to it.
Presuming you were "PB The Deplorable" at that time, you had pwnrship of some serious headspace.

He's very much all about political purity and so if you had even slightly skewed beliefs from hard right on any subject you drew the bullseye. Just as Nucky Nolan, Gd5150 and Kidnostad3 did. It was stated several times there that when he lost you as his foil the ire was going to have to ooze out elsewhere. And so it did.

I think it's killing him to be talked about here with no entrée to lash back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2019, 05:50:57 PM »
Truthiness is funnier than parody now. We genuinely live in strange times.  ;)
1984 at every venue and opportunity.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2019, 05:57:00 PM »

I know. You never struck me as masochistic.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »
1984 at every venue and opportunity.

The Covington boy's face crime proves that, and you can add "Idiocracy" to "1984". Who knew that a smiling kid could get charged with felonious smirking?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2019, 06:05:24 PM »
The Covington boy's face crime proves that, and you can add "Idiocracy" to "1984". Who knew that a smiling kid could get charged with felonious smirking?
Or that a Dem. Guv would be found in black face imitating Michael Jackson's moonwalk. ::)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2019, 06:08:46 PM »
Or that a Dem. Guv would be found in black face imitating Michael Jackson's moonwalk. ::)

It's not too surprising when you consider the fact that Democrats went from supporters of the KKK to supporters of the NOI. It's very, very telling that they care more about blackface than infanticide.