Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 834238 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #4335 on: November 23, 2021, 06:26:52 PM »
Hey ItsOver, spasmodic dysphonia is the same disease that cost WLW sportscaster Andy MacWilliams his on-air career. He was a hoot, he was hilarious doing "Sports or Consequences" with Gary Burbank in the afternoons.  Do you remember "Andy Mac?"
Oh, wow.  I remember.  I tried to make it a point to catch “Sports or Consequences” ... “We don’t, we don’t, we don’t mess around!”  ;D  Way back then, I also liked catching Bill Cunningham and SegMan for their night show.  I know Cunningham still has a noon show and then his national Sunday night broadcast but his shows in the old days were a lot funnier, without the emphasis on politics.

I didn’t know Andy Mac ended up with spasmodic dysphobia.  He apparently developed it in the late 90’s.  See #28 and #32 below.

https://www.wvxu.org/media/2021-03-23/100-reasons-to-celebrate-wlw-ams-100th-year
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #4336 on: November 23, 2021, 07:34:41 PM »
Oh, wow.  I remember.  I tried to make it a point to catch “Sports or Consequences” ... “We don’t, we don’t, we don’t mess around!”  ;D  Way back then, I also liked catching Bill Cunningham and SegMan for their night show.  I know Cunningham still has a noon show and then his national Sunday night broadcast but his shows in the old days were a lot funnier, without the emphasis on politics.

I didn’t know Andy Mac ended up with spasmodic dysphobia.  He apparently developed it in the late 90’s.  See #28 and #32 below.

https://www.wvxu.org/media/2021-03-23/100-reasons-to-celebrate-wlw-ams-100th-year

Andy Mac is one Hell of a nice guy, as is former Bengal LB/WLW sports guy Tom Dinkel.  Trumpy was, and probably still is, a first rate prick.  My Dad ran into Bill Cunningham at an NCAA basketball tournament game back in the 90s, he treated my Dad like he'd known him his whole life.  Bill even gave him a shout out on his show that Monday.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4337 on: November 23, 2021, 08:16:32 PM »
Syrett on Friday and Saturday.

That's good news.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4338 on: November 27, 2021, 12:57:16 AM »
There is an audio solution to help minimize Kennedy's problem on the radio. Why a show engineer hasn't done anything about it might be because Kennedy does not want to be perceived as disabled in any way.
And George doesn't need any competition, lol.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4339 on: November 27, 2021, 12:58:45 AM »
Wow, no Thanksgiving comments.

Me neither.  I didn't like Hasselhoff's song with its verse about alcohol so I turned off the show

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4340 on: November 28, 2021, 02:00:01 AM »
That's good news.
And Syrett just confirmed he’ll be on next month, the 17th and 18th.   
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4341 on: November 28, 2021, 08:56:07 PM »

i haven't listened in a while due to the terrible guests every time I tune in, gave it a shot last night with Syrett hosting - the guest I heard has written a book about 'fleeting fame', celebrities who wound up penniless or close to it, early deaths, tragedy. not an uninteresting topic but a typical Coast guest, bottom of the barrel, every example he gave was a story everybody already knows, all his research was done online, Syrett would ask for more information and the guest would stumble some response that he 'read some stuff on a forum' and couldn't find out more. this was one of the credits Syrett gave the guest when introducing him, that he's an active poster on Internet forums lol Oh and all the guest's financial data comes from CelebrityNetWorth.com, a well known piece of garbage website that nobody takes seriously as a source of reliable information.

can you imagine any other talk radio or TV show who'd have guests on who are best known for their research on Internet forums.

cringy commercial for more people to submit their music for the 'Emerging Artists' farce  'Hey! Producer Tom here ........ '  Producer Tom, it's a show for people with the minds of a child, Hey it's Producer Tom. The entire enterprise is embarrassingly amateurish.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4342 on: November 28, 2021, 09:01:01 PM »
I quoted that for Art's wealth and he took exception to it on bellgab...  Except for the fact that he sold the show, film rights and lived in cheap-ass Pahrump, his case was convincing.
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4343 on: November 29, 2021, 05:19:13 AM »
i haven't listened in a while due to the terrible guests every time I tune in, gave it a shot last night with Syrett hosting - the guest I heard has written a book about 'fleeting fame', celebrities who wound up penniless or close to it, early deaths, tragedy. not an uninteresting topic but a typical Coast guest, bottom of the barrel, every example he gave was a story everybody already knows, all his research was done online, Syrett would ask for more information and the guest would stumble some response that he 'read some stuff on a forum' and couldn't find out more. this was one of the credits Syrett gave the guest when introducing him, that he's an active poster on Internet forums lol Oh and all the guest's financial data comes from CelebrityNetWorth.com, a well known piece of garbage website that nobody takes seriously as a source of reliable information.

can you imagine any other talk radio or TV show who'd have guests on who are best known for their research on Internet forums.

cringy commercial for more people to submit their music for the 'Emerging Artists' farce  'Hey! Producer Tom here ........ '  Producer Tom, it's a show for people with the minds of a child, Hey it's Producer Tom. The entire enterprise is embarrassingly amateurish.

Not anyone on this forum, Eh?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4344 on: November 29, 2021, 07:56:01 AM »
Not anyone on this forum, Eh?

Falkie was PAID to provide regurgitation.  Too bad he didn't practice that on his diet. A little bulimia wouldn't hurt, he's got no teeth to ruin.

The paranormal (etc.) circuit is full of 3rd generation researchers. A musical analogy is some white kid learned to play the blues from Joe Bonamassa. "Sonny Boy Williamson? Who?"
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4345 on: November 29, 2021, 10:21:04 AM »
I’ve been thinking about writing and submitting “The Ballad of George and Tommee.”  Turkee sammich, pizza roll, 5th floor, parade, hospital, knows places, etc.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4346 on: November 29, 2021, 11:06:54 AM »
I’ve been thinking about writing and submitting “The Ballad of George and Tommee.”  Turkee sammich, pizza roll, 5th floor, parade, hospital, knows places, etc.
Heh, heh... too bad it would just end up in Tommee’s version of oblivion.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #4347 on: November 29, 2021, 11:34:03 AM »

The paranormal (etc.) circuit is full of 3rd generation researchers. A musical analogy is some white kid learned to play the blues from Joe Bonamassa. "Sonny Boy Williamson? Who?"

Having flashback of Steve Buscemi's utter disgust in GHOSTWORLD when he is listening live to a supposed "blues" guitarist that sounds like someone far more familiar with power chords than he is with the pentatonic scale, let alone historical formation of said blues. GHOSTWORLD was great. 

HARDCORE 78 RPM ACTION PACKED THRILLS! 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4348 on: November 29, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »
Cross-thread post...

As a cat dad of three diverse personalities, I concur.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
https://news.yahoo.com/cats-element-psychopathy-according-study-144040792.html

PS. Speaking of Liverpool, how many of you thought that the Get Back extravaganza on Disney+ might have been an hour or two too long?

It's funny how Paul talked about not using 35mm film and talking about how, in 50 years, they would be talking about how Yoko broke up the band. The dude is like a psychic! Maybe Ian can interview him! No, it would better if George did it. He would ask questions like "So, you were in The Beatles? Did you meet Frank Sinatra? Did you kill any children?"
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4349 on: November 29, 2021, 07:36:35 PM »

Can you sing, or play the music as an instrumental?  You could be the next submerging artist!!!!!   They want your tape, reel to real or cassette.