Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116422 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #570 on: January 24, 2022, 11:17:54 AM »
Cool = Not the Chargers. 😁

My long dead dream of a Spanos-less Chargers is coming 30 years too late, but it's coming. He'll be forced to sell the team, surely...
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers-rams/story/2022-01-22/chargers-owner-dean-spanos-sued-by-two-nephews

I hate Spanos
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2022, 11:19:19 AM »
Dick Pole will become your God.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is that his real name?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #572 on: January 24, 2022, 11:24:00 AM »
I saw online the Chiefs/Bills game was coming down to the wire, so I turned it on.

The first thing I wondered was why the Chief defender was hanging all over the receiver, then pushed him away from the ball, and no call.  Not unexpected, I've seen endless non-calls on what used to be clear PI increasing for years now.  They ought to either call it or stop calling it.  Also, the ''just let them play'' at the end of games is bullshit.  If it's a penalty on the first play of exhibition, it's a penalty on the last play of the Superbowl.  If they truly aren't going to make calls at the end of the game, then the refs should tell both sides and go sit down somewhere, instead of having a guessing game.  If you don't want to get a penalty, don't commit one.  On the very next play they call a less flagrant PI, but the receiver caught it anyway.  Was that just an ass-covering flag so they wouldn't get accused of not calling them that late in the game?

One of the many reasons I don't really watch sports is the officiating.  Fucksakes, they ought to designate some fan at home watching on TV to make certain calls the refs never seem to get right.  PI in football, balls and strikes in baseball, fouls in basketball.  Given the percent of just horrible calls and non-calls, my theory is they are too close to the action somehow.

I was assuming a Buffalo squib kick on the kickoff to force them to pick it up and run some time off at 13 seconds.  The announcer even told the audience that was what was coming.  This is why teams do that.  The coach threw away the win on that.

I'm glad as usual I didn't waste 3 hours on this.

OMG  You love football! You're as bad as me!

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #573 on: January 24, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »

And now to further educate you, The 9ers won because of special teams. Nothing more. They will be embarrassed next week against Tampa Bay. Any questions?

Rodgers was part of a #1 seeded team, playing at home, with two weeks to prepare, in a climate that he should be used to vs #6 seeded team, from California, who six days before had a huge battle in Dallas and Rodgers offense scored 10 points the entire game, in the last 54 minutes the Packers got a single Field Goal. How on earth do you not think the offense underachieved during that game? Didn't you make my point if you think the Niners are so bad that they will get destroyed next week but Rodgers couldn't score more than a TD and a FG against them?

Rodgers was exposed as a choke artist this week, had the ball with 5 minutes left, when all he needed was a field goal and did nothing with it. While Jimmy G was in the same situation and did his job. If you look at Sunday game Brady did it twice under five minutes and Stafford got his team in position for a FG win and the other game Allen scored 2 TD with 5 minutes left and Mahomes replied with a TD and FG of his own in the last 5 minutes crunch time. Rodgers looked especially bad in comparison on how good everyone else looked this weekend (well maybe except Tannehill)

The special teams fuckups certainly didn't help things, but only someone who is invested in Rodgers as a darling of the antivax cult would ignore his share of the responsibility.  You are so proudly, and smugly ignorant.  It's a shame that's all you have.  Oh no...anyway...

There seems to be a reflex victimhood anyone who comes out as a Trump fan or now an antivaxxer that any criticism of them in a professional manner is biased. Rodgers is 11-10 in the playoffs, which is really poor compared to his regular season record and it's not like that there's an NFC dynasty team out there like the Pats/Brady in the AFC for the last decade, in the last nine playoff appearances since the Packers Superbowl (nine appearances) lost to SF 4X (Garoppolo twice/Kaepernick twice) lost to Giants (Eli), lost to Seahawks (Wilson). lost to Cardinals (Palmer!), lost to Falcons (Ryan) and last year lost to the Bucs (Brady) . Only the 2011/12 Giants and last years Bucs ended up winning the SuperBowl so these Rodgers'/Packers loses were not even against the best team in football.

As a Packer fan I do question his role as "A Great QB" There are some great QB's who didn't have great playoff records because they were cursed playing at the same time with a dynasty in their conference Marino/Bills, Favre/Cowboys, Peyton/Pats. Rodgers really didn't have to deal with that, the NFC in the last ten years had a lot of parity and the team certainly should have had more Superbowl appearances

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »

And now to further educate you, The 9ers won because of special teams. Nothing more. They will be embarrassed next week against Tampa Bay. Any questions?

Boy. Was he wrong. I hate that even football is poisoned by stupid politics. I don't mean politics. Stupid politics. Stoopid. S-T-O-O-P-I-D. Can't we just enjoy watching grown sweaty men run around the field trying to kill each other without getting stoopid politics involved?

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #575 on: January 24, 2022, 06:48:03 PM »
Other than that I have no idea how the game went.  That's how I know that it wasn't the greatest game of all time.  There was scoring, and excitement for the fans.  Now, I remember the greatest game of all time.  It was in nineteen hunnert and 21, the Akrom Pros verses the Canton Bulldogs.  Three to aught was the final, almost no scoring!  I had to take the BART to Daly City to listen to the game, but it only cost a nickel at the time.  This was when the Libs didn't control the state and it weren't a hellhole like it is now.  And we didn't have ivermectin back then, either.  Not like today.  Where was I?  Oh yes, about taking the bus to the bank...It's a lot more expensive now thanks to the Libs.

The Bills laid off on the first play after the touchback.  Other than the four guys on the line, there was not one player within fifteen yards of the ball.  Tyreek Hill caught a short pass, alone other than two well-placed blockers in front of him, and his momentum carried him to the 44 yard line for a 19 yard gain.

KC called time out to stop the clock.  The Bills came out with another prevent look, and then they made what might have been the fatal mistake in a string of them: they called timeout to let the Chiefs talk about their formation.  Travis Kelce, specifically, got the idea to go off-script and run right where the defense wasn’t going to be.

From the Kansas City Star:

Something interesting happened as Kelce lined up, though. He noticed the defense ahead of him was backing off, so he could get a running start. It also took away the sideline throws, which left most of the middle open.

That information wasn’t going to help him much … until Buffalo used a timeout to make sure it was set defensively. It was then that Kelce went over to Mahomes and told him about what he saw.

“We got a look at what the defense was doing,” Mahomes said. “And he actually said, ‘Hey, if they do it again, I’m gonna take it right down the middle between both the guys guarding me.’”

Watching the game broadcast, you can hear Mahomes shout, “Do it, Kel! Do it! Do it!” right before the ball was snapped.  Kelce wasn't touched as he got off of the line and ran towards the cornerback, who backpedaled himself, and his team, right out of the post-season.  Kelce cut right, split the defenders that were in zone coverage, and Mahomes had a mile-wide window to throw. 

Why were the Bills rushing four men?  Why would they want to rush Mahomes into passing, rather than holding the ball a few seconds longer?  Why not attempt to slow KC's receivers, delay them for a second or two?  Why does the cornerback backpedal towards the line, as if KC doesn't have any timeouts left? (they had TWO).  The weaknesses in the Bills defence really only become apparent because KC was able to exploit them.  It was an amazing display of talent and poise.

Here's the play from Mahomes perspective:

A flurry of scoring at the end of a game wouldn't be exciting if it happened all of the time.  It doesn't -- and not like this.  Davis became the first wide receiver ever to score four times in a game.  Josh Allen threw some of the most beautiful passes ever seen.  Patrick Mahomes kept right with him.  A thirteen second drive to get into field goal range!  The Bills, incredibly, played like they didn't think that was possible.

Saying that this game wasn't worth your time is like a hobo saying that a 1961 Bordeaux just can't measure up because it doesn't have the kick of a pony of Thunderbird.  Like a bank teller turning up his nose at Salmon Wellington because he can't prepare it in his microwave.  Like a Belgian immigrant who prefers his blowup doll, because it's easier to get along with.

This game was legendary.  What a shame that KC and the Bills can't meet in the Super Bowl.  I expect that we will have many more thrills from them in the years to come.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2022, 07:09:09 PM »
In other words, the Prevent Defense prevented the Bills from winning.  Noted.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #577 on: January 24, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
In other words, the Prevent Defense prevented the Bills from winning.  Noted.

It was a very questionable strategy to use in that situation.  Particularly when considering that KC has Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill and three timeouts.

A similar thing happened to the Seahawks in the 2012 playoffs against the Falcons.  They went to prevent with 31 seconds left in the game.  Ryan marched the Falcons up the field 48 yards in two plays.  Boom.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2022, 01:40:11 PM »
Sean Payton steps down from coaching the Saints.

With nine head coach openings, do you think there's any chance of some black guys being hired?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2022, 01:52:11 PM »
Sean Payton steps down from coaching the Saints.

With nine head coach openings, do you think there's any chance of some black guys being hired?

Seems like the Bears are gonna go with Jim Caldwell. Which will mean that he'll be the first Lions head coach in like 60 years to get another head coaching gig after leaving the Lions. The Lions stench is so strong it ruins guys forever. At his age, not sure why he would want to be a head coach again but if that is what he wants, I'm sure he'll get a gig. He's a very nice man, has had success and good with QB's. He just makes some funky in-game decisions once in a while.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2022, 02:02:10 PM »
Is that his real name?

@TigerLily

Yes indeed  From Michigan's Upper Peninsula even.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #581 on: January 25, 2022, 02:34:42 PM »
Seems like the Bears are gonna go with Jim Caldwell. Which will mean that he'll be the first Lions head coach in like 60 years to get another head coaching gig after leaving the Lions. The Lions stench is so strong it ruins guys forever. At his age, not sure why he would want to be a head coach again but if that is what he wants, I'm sure he'll get a gig. He's a very nice man, has had success and good with QB's. He just makes some funky in-game decisions once in a while.

He did pretty well with the Lions, if you judge their record since he was canned.  Good for him.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
Attention queen sez wat?
« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2022, 02:45:43 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/aaron-rodgers-says-fans-tuned-201050947.html

Maybe he should talk about how he chokes in the playoffs, or why he's the most fake GOAT ever.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers with an open umbrella.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
Re: Attention queen sez wat?
« Reply #583 on: January 25, 2022, 03:13:06 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/aaron-rodgers-says-fans-tuned-201050947.html

Maybe he should talk about how he chokes in the playoffs, or why he's the most fake GOAT ever.

What a paranoid victim. The two Sunday games got even more viewers than his game. The Packers are a legacy team, they have a lot of neutral fans, because of history, cool weather, likable small market fans. But he is right about something, a lot of people who are neutral to both teams were cheering against him because he has been acting like a prick

NFL playoff ratings was a monster. Every game was over 30 Million viewers. With Buf/KC going 42 Million plus. If you average all four games, they NFL averaged 37 Million per fame. Just to compare with other shows on the weekend the most watched non football show was NCIS Hawaii (9.8 Million) which had the benefit of going right after the Bills/Chiefs game on CBS Sunday night. The highest rated shows that went head to head with football was Sunday ABC's 630pm news (6.2M) and AFHV at 7pm (4.9M)

https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/status/1485991385887133700

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2022, 10:35:27 PM »
@TigerLily

Yes indeed  From Michigan's Upper Peninsula even.

Dick Pole from the UP up to bat. Just a little Freudian