Author Topic: MARCH FUNDRAISER - Children's Burn Foundation  (Read 962 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
MARCH FUNDRAISER - Children's Burn Foundation
« on: February 28, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our March revenue to Children's Burn Foundation.

Thanks to @ShayP   for the topic recommendation.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting this link

Children’s Burn Foundation was founded in 1985 by the late Dr. Richard Grossman and the late actor and burn survivor, McLean Stevenson. These men were both so profoundly impacted by the devastating consequences that serious burn injuries can have on a child, that they joined forces to provide resources and support for burned children who would otherwise be unable to benefit from state-of-the-art medical treatments and post-acute burn care services.

The Foundation was restructured in 1995 by Doug and Carol Mancino, to be governed by a dedicated Board of Trustees. In 1996, a volunteer group was established called The Council by Carol Mancino. The Council works to support the Foundation’s fundraising and community outreach initiatives and hosts the annual Giving New Hope Benefit.

In the years since its inception, the Foundation’s mission has grown to include support for the psychological recovery from burn trauma and the short term emergency needs of families, as well as fire safety and prevention education programs for children, parents, and other caregivers. In 2006, the Foundation began its International Outreach Program, in partnership with the American Burn Association, to provide burn care education and training at teaching hospitals in developing countries.

Today, the Foundation provides state-of-the-art reconstructive treatment, emergency family assistance, survivor and family camps, counseling, a teen support program, and prevention and education programs that reach more than 85,000 children and families annually. Prevention and education programs have reached over one million children!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: MARCH FUNDRAISER - Children's Burn Foundation
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 05:51:26 PM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 06:00:37 PM »
Sincere thanks to you. @Bart Ell

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 05:44:46 AM »
I once worked on a case where gas leaked and two children were badly burned.  In addition to their physical injuries, these children suffered psychological.  Their classmates called them The Burned Biscuits.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 09:51:13 AM »
Not long ago I posted about burning my junk so this is one I can get behind$