Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 847649 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1305 on: December 24, 2019, 03:11:34 AM »
Both guests were very good.  I learned a lot from Ben Fuchs tonight, although he forgot to tell the constipated man that nuts and seeds are "binding", lol.

The second guest was very nice.  Especially considering how poorly he was treated - George limited him not to apply his thoughts to a Kennedy assassination, or even to 9-11.  Gee, a guest is invited to be on Coast to Coast, prepares for it in the normal way, and then finds out after he is on the set that he won't be allowed to talk about two major U.S. "conspiracies".  However, George did close very nicely with the guest, asking him to promise to come back.  For more torture...

I've never heard anyone complain that any guest ever was too "negative", "morose" or "macabre" (except maybe Benjamin Creme).  So, it just wasn't fair of George to put it on the guest.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1306 on: December 24, 2019, 06:33:03 AM »
… I've never heard anyone complain that any guest ever was too "negative", "morose" or "macabre" (except maybe Benjamin Creme).  So, it just wasn't fair of George to put it on the guest.

Well, there was Ian Plummet, who was then forced to apologize and was never the same afterwards...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1307 on: December 26, 2019, 11:18:38 AM »
Well, there was Ian Plummet, who was then forced to apologize and was never the same afterwards...

Could you refresh my memory @PB?  I remember something about that but it's faded.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1308 on: December 26, 2019, 12:22:44 PM »
Please recap more.  I don't remember any of it.  But his tone has become a lot less arrogant, thank God.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1309 on: December 26, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
A recent male guest wasn't putting up with any crap.  I do believe he used the word "flip" (as in flippant) to George, lol.  He gave a couple other similar responses but they seemed to get along together & it all went well in general.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1310 on: December 26, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
Could you refresh my memory @PB?  I remember something about that but it's faded.

Please recap more.  I don't remember any of it.  But his tone has become a lot less arrogant, thank God.

One week Ian was hosting Fri, Sat, and Sunday.  Steven Quail was on Friday night, and his agenda that night was some sort of gloom and doom garbage.  Ian wasn't having it, told him that wasn't what they'd agreed to discuss on the show, and to move on to something else.  Quail just kept on going, Ian and Quail got into a big argument, and Ian finally just ended the interview.  Ian then told the audience he personally wasn't going to have gloom and doom on his show, that he was opposed to it.

Saturday he comes on and starts the show briefly mentioning the above, then profusely apologizing.  The next night, Sunday, he again starts the show off with a big apology.  That he needed to apologize could only have come from Noory.

After that, his personal quirk of being a jerk at times  - smug, snarky, talking over callers he disagreed with, getting upset if a caller mentioned something about a topic that hadn't occurred to him, talking down to callers, demeaning callers trying to be funny (only Ian is allowed to be funny or have insight on a topic), etc, got much much worse.  To me he became unlistenable, and I've listened to his show very little since.  It was years ago, no idea if he ever got over himself. 

Ian can be very good, but too often he got in his own way. 

One thing though - he shouldn't have apologized to Quail.  It's his show, they apparently agreed in advance to talk about something else, and the doom and gloom crap had already been way overdone on Coast.  Way way overdone.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1311 on: December 26, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »
But is Quail’s daughter still hot?
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1312 on: December 26, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »
But is Quail’s daughter still hot?

Let me check my magic 8 ball

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1313 on: December 26, 2019, 05:21:35 PM »
Here a video from 2018.  She’s not ugly but she doesn’t do anything for me. 

Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1314 on: December 26, 2019, 05:24:02 PM »
She’s whaled up since I last paid attention.
Merry Christmas

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1315 on: December 27, 2019, 12:34:52 AM »
Cheryll is doing a bang-up job.  George couldn't find her around Midnight and he tried the shame game but she responded, "Easy come, easy go" very sweetly.  He didn't like that, lol.  People have been giving George the what-for lately!  Has anyone else noticed it?  People aren't cowering and just taking it anymore.  Well.  About time.

She might need to call him to track down responders on some topic, but George said she'll be dealing with Tommy in that case.  Evidently, Tom has his hands full, per Cheryll.  Not sure if that was a double entendre or not but either way overall, she is being very gracious.  Maybe, just maybe, Cheryll will finally discover what a donkey's rump George can be.  But she must have had some incredible parenting and life experience because she is handling him fine.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1316 on: December 27, 2019, 12:40:54 AM »
She’s whaled up since I last paid attention.
A lot of women are larger after bearing children.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1317 on: December 27, 2019, 03:48:40 AM »

One week Ian was hosting Fri, Sat, and Sunday.  Steven Quail was on Friday night, and his agenda that night was some sort of gloom and doom garbage.  Ian wasn't having it, told him that wasn't what they'd agreed to discuss on the show, and to move on to something else.  Quail just kept on going, Ian and Quail got into a big argument, and Ian finally just ended the interview.  Ian then told the audience he personally wasn't going to have gloom and doom on his show, that he was opposed to it.

Saturday he comes on and starts the show briefly mentioning the above, then profusely apologizing.  The next night, Sunday, he again starts the show off with a big apology.  That he needed to apologize could only have come from Noory.

After that, his personal quirk of being a jerk at times  - smug, snarky, talking over callers he disagreed with, getting upset if a caller mentioned something about a topic that hadn't occurred to him, talking down to callers, demeaning callers trying to be funny (only Ian is allowed to be funny or have insight on a topic), etc, got much much worse.  To me he became unlistenable, and I've listened to his show very little since.  It was years ago, no idea if he ever got over himself. 

Ian can be very good, but too often he got in his own way. 

One thing though - he shouldn't have apologized to Quail.  It's his show, they apparently agreed in advance to talk about something else, and the doom and gloom crap had already been way overdone on Coast.  Way way overdone.

Ah yes!  Thanks. @PB  That was the show where Ian told Quayle he'd give him 20 bucks if he lets him finish his sentence. LOL!  And yes, Quayle went against what he agreed to when the interview was set up initially and that's why Ian was peeved.  I'll give Ian credit for rolling with it anyway.  I also agree with you that Ian should not have apologized.

I'm not a fan of Quayle.  Quite frankly he's a rambling pain in the ass.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1318 on: December 27, 2019, 03:58:46 AM »
Cheryll is doing a bang-up job.  George couldn't find her around Midnight and he tried the shame game but she responded, "Easy come, easy go" very sweetly.  He didn't like that, lol.  People have been giving George the what-for lately!  Has anyone else noticed it?  People aren't cowering and just taking it anymore.  Well.  About time.

@Sofia   From what I've heard of Cheryll, I will agree with you.  She is doing a good job so far.  So many similarities to Linda.  I've also noticed that George is getting some push-back from some guests plus some of the callers who aren't regulars.  I think that's why we've heard more and more regulars over time.  Georgey probably has a naughty and nice list.  If you upset him in the slightest way you are naughty!...and possibly banned forever.  ;D

Oh...if I hear him say "We don't do politics" again, I will probably have a stroke.  >:(  He is so full of it.  ::)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1319 on: December 27, 2019, 11:17:40 PM »
@Sofia   From what I've heard of Cheryll, I will agree with you.  She is doing a good job so far.  So many similarities to Linda.  I've also noticed that George is getting some push-back from some guests plus some of the callers who aren't regulars.  I think that's why we've heard more and more regulars over time.  Georgey probably has a naughty and nice list.  If you upset him in the slightest way you are naughty!...and possibly banned forever.  ;D

Oh...if I hear him say "We don't do politics" again, I will probably have a stroke.  >:(  He is so full of it.  ::)
She has a lovely accent and tone.  I wonder if she was a Daddy's girl, or if she just learned to handle men as her career progressed. 

At least he's loosened up a little, not freaking out every time there's a nanosecond of quiet air time.

Thanks for the re-cap.

Do they talk about politics?  I haven't listened much for a few months.