Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 847475 times)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Annie from Alabama
« Reply #855 on: November 11, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
What is even worse is when Norry has Tommee conference in that old dude from NC and his "old buddy" Cornelius and let's them jaw with each other. At least Annie from Alabama sometimes has something new and bizarre to say about: critters and bug problems, people monkeying with her phones or computer, no gas pumps will work when the grid goes down- "we need manual pumps," people stealing her inheritance, people identity-thefting her....

I haven't listened to a full show in over four years, but that post could have been written in 2010. Cornelius Voice: "God bless Albrecht and God bless Nucky and God bless Tootsie and...." 

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #856 on: November 11, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »
I haven't listened to a full show in over four years, but that post could have been written in 2010. Cornelius Voice: "God bless Albrecht and Nucky and Tootsie and...."
Yep, "he is winding down, folks." The only new thing is that he seems to be cutting out of the office earlier and more often than back then but even his replays are ancient and old: him telling awful versions of Poe, old Lionel telling a story, the decades old fake call about a guy witnessing a car accident in which some old ladies beat up a guy with their purses and Bibles, etc. Same old, same old.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #857 on: November 11, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »
Yep, "he is winding down, folks." The only new thing is that he seems to be cutting out of the office earlier and more often than back then but even his replays are ancient and old: him telling awful versions of Poe, old Lionel telling a story, the decades old fake call about a guy witnessing a car accident in which some old ladies beat up a guy with their purses and Bibles, etc. Same old, same old.

I don't see how you guys can take this aural version of "Groundhog Day"! I turned it on, for the first time in ages, on Friday night and heard a replay of a segment with Ed McMahon, which was a perfect illustration of how mind-numbingly dated this show is.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with crappy callers
« Reply #858 on: November 11, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
Why is C2C letting crappy callers to call in? WTF. I guess that they let any caller call into the show.

Brother, that's nothing new. I started a thread, about the types of bad callers, on Bell Gab....more than five years ago!

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #859 on: November 11, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »
I don't see how you guys can take this aural version of "Groundhog Day"! I turned it on, for the first time in ages, on Friday night and heard a replay of a segment with Ed McMahon, which was a perfect illustration of how mind-numbingly dated this show is.
When I listen it is precisely for the mind-numbing effects and for the off-chance of some inadvertent humor from Norry's malapropisms, the shock and resignation of a guest in the rare circumstance they have a legitimate guest on, and the increasingly rare funny, crazy open-lines callers. But when I listen it is usually for the numbing and I listen when doing a mundane chore like mowing the law, trimming my trees, working in the garage, raking leaves, cleaning my gutters, etc where it helps block noise and such. Listening without really listening.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #860 on: November 11, 2018, 05:44:38 PM »
When I listen it is precisely for the mind-numbing effects and for the off-chance of some inadvertent humor from Norry's malapropisms, the shock and resignation of a guest in the rare circumstance they have a legitimate guest on, and the increasingly rare funny, crazy open-lines callers. But when I listen it is usually for the numbing and I listen when doing a mundane chore like mowing the law, trimming my trees, working in the garage, raking leaves, cleaning my gutters, etc where it helps block noise and such. Listening without really listening.

I can't even use it as background chatter. Its suck might reach my subconscious and bring forth the old hag when I sleep.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #861 on: November 12, 2018, 12:16:16 AM »

Jimmy Church makes my skin crawl, bigger poseur than Jorch even.

If I traveled back in time to 1978 and needed a cheesy DJ for a 7th grade dance party he'd be the guy.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #862 on: November 12, 2018, 07:52:57 AM »
Jimmy Church makes my skin crawl, bigger poseur than Jorch even.

If I traveled back in time to 1978 and needed a cheesy DJ for a 7th grade dance party he'd be the guy.

Those were his audition tapes, and there you have it!

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #863 on: November 12, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »
"Do germs fly here from other planets?" - G. Noory (October 2018)
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #864 on: November 12, 2018, 05:56:25 PM »
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/right-wing-conspiracy-theorist-pal-of-roger-stone-reveals-he-will-be-indicted-for-perjury/

Corsi likely to be indicted. Maybe Roger Stone also?  Will C2C archives and coorespondence between Tommee, Norry, and Corsi and Stone be subpoenaed?

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #865 on: November 12, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/right-wing-conspiracy-theorist-pal-of-roger-stone-reveals-he-will-be-indicted-for-perjury/

Corsi likely to be indicted. Maybe Roger Stone also?  Will C2C archives and coorespondence between Tommee, Norry, and Corsi and Stone be subpoenaed?

Wouldn't that be AMAZING. After years and years of never taking a vacation, he finally could be taking a forced vacation  ;D. Okay Republicans, I know you'd rather see GOP still control the house, but cooome on, the chances of seeing Jorge up there at Capital Hill stammering away might be worth it, talk about silver lining  ;) Will he have a glass of Super Beets on his table? 

CoolTen10Redux

• KIDD
« Reply #866 on: November 12, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
I would like to see George debate Trump in 2020  ;D

Now that's entertainment!

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #867 on: November 13, 2018, 01:07:01 AM »
his bullshit never ceases to not entertain me, he's got your typical female guest on, a witch. as a witch she knows everything, gravity vortexes seem to be her specialty, must have done her post doc work at witch college in them.

So Jorch carries on conversation with her and he just accepts whatever she says like it's all factual, the good ol' George Noory seal of approval. Jorch runs down a list of creatures/monsters she has in her stupid book then asks the predictable juvenile Noory question 'Which of these creatures is the worst?' Witch ponders and replies 'The werewolf'. Jorch concurs as he usually does 'Yeah, they're NOT pleasant.' 

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #868 on: November 13, 2018, 02:21:32 AM »

oh brother the witch, Jorch and Thomas the earnest regular caller are working on spells to bring rain to California to put out the wildfires. Now Jorch called upon his vast listening audience to focus together to bring rain. 

the wildfires will end as all fires do and this stooge will suggest his group intention may have been responsible. shameless clown

BellHop

• KIDD
« Reply #869 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »
Man, I managed to call into Coast a few weeks back and the calls were just unexciting. Noory's decent at faking it, but it's just not the same as when Art would take calls. I mean, it took me two and a half hours to call in - first they said their Skype was having problems (relatable, as that happens to me too) and then George asked me for my number. I gave it to him and the next thing I knew I had the studio calling me, only to put me on hold for another forty-five minutes before I got on at 4AM. Literally about a minute and a half in they hung up on me. Not even more than a few questions from Jorch. Crossed it off my bucket list but would never do it again.