Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838498 times)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1530 on: October 12, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »
Hmmm...maybe it was @Zetaspeak

It was Me ! Even on here  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1531 on: October 13, 2020, 04:55:39 AM »
It was Me ! Even on here  ;D

Ha! Yes it was. For some reason I wasn't certain.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1532 on: October 13, 2020, 08:14:22 AM »
Ha! Yes it was. For some reason I wasn't certain.

Of all the photoshops, memes, images, etc re George Norry, that one is a favorite.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1533 on: October 13, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »
Of all the photoshops, memes, images, etc re George Norry, that one is a favorite.

That is my favorite as well.  I couldn't stop looking at it at first.  One might think it was made to look like Noory but it's not.  As an avatar it's a perfect surreal interpretation of Noory and a 'baby Tommie' taken from a book.  It is a perfect fit comically.  ;D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1534 on: October 13, 2020, 09:41:29 AM »
That is my favorite as well.  I couldn't stop looking at it at first.  One might think it was made to look like Noory but it's not.  As an avatar it's a perfect surreal interpretation of Noory and a 'baby Tommie' taken from a book.  It is a perfect fit comically.  ;D

I really have to wonder about the book it was taken from

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1535 on: October 13, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »
I really have to wonder about the book it was taken from

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I looked at some of the images.  Yikes.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1536 on: October 13, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
I looked at some of the images.  Yikes.

Somebody likes acid...

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1537 on: October 13, 2020, 07:25:08 PM »

I had the same reaction when I first saw it floating around, I thought it had to be photoshopped as Noory photoshops were popular at the time. To find out it was from a real book about hybrids just blew my mind lol

Did anybody hear Ian's open lines on Friday, there a lot of talk on twitter about his interaction with frequent caller "Mike the Millennial" but no real details of what went down.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1538 on: October 14, 2020, 05:38:55 AM »
Did anybody hear Ian's open lines on Friday, there a lot of talk on twitter about his interaction with frequent caller "Mike the Millennial" but no real details of what went down.

I did. @Zetaspeak  Mike was doing his usual 'speaking on behalf of young people' schtick and his routine of making several points and then asking a question and going on and on.  He also tried talking over Ian.  We all knows how that ends up. ;D  It was obvious Ian was angry but he kept his composure.  He told Mike that he is a caller and not the host, and that he (Mike) has a habit, each time he calls in, of trying to make it his show and suggested Mike gets his own podcast.  Mike repeatedly interrupted "...but George gave me this opportunity."  Ian cut him off and gave him a lecture, again encouraging him to start his own podcast and that Ian actually would listen to it.  LOL!

That's it in a nutshell.  I may have missed some details.  I applaud Ian.  "Mike the Millennial" has quickly risen up the ranks on my personal most hated callers list.

Oh, Mike also boasted about being the one who set up the Go Fund Me account for Cornelius.  There was some other stuff but I can't recall it at this time.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #1539 on: October 14, 2020, 08:33:52 AM »
After suffering through another 2 hours of Pharmacist Ben, I think I am just about completely done with being a subscriber to C2C. Since it comes on at midnight here, it was good to have all the podcasts to go back and listen when I could and I have been a subscriber since before John B. Wells came on board for a time. The shows suck, Noory is ridiculous, and the only guest host I can still tolerate is George Knapp. After my current sub expires in June 2021, I can put my yearly 50 something dollar sub fee on something I actually enjoy. Really makes me sad to see where C2C has fallen to.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1540 on: October 14, 2020, 08:49:03 AM »
@Jayzelady you’ll need the money for your increased flood insurance premiums.
Merry Christmas

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #1541 on: October 14, 2020, 09:12:13 AM »
Maybe by June, 2021 Falkie will have taken his channel private. Then you'll need that $5 @Jayzelady.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1542 on: October 14, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »
After suffering through another 2 hours of Pharmacist Ben, I think I am just about completely done with being a subscriber to C2C. Since it comes on at midnight here, it was good to have all the podcasts to go back and listen when I could and I have been a subscriber since before John B. Wells came on board for a time. The shows suck, Noory is ridiculous, and the only guest host I can still tolerate is George Knapp. After my current sub expires in June 2021, I can put my yearly 50 something dollar sub fee on something I actually enjoy. Really makes me sad to see where C2C has fallen to.

Ouch. @Jayzelady  Long term subscriber?  I can't commit long-term.  I was, and have been, doing it month to month.  I'll admit that I have canceled and re-subscribed periodically over the last 10 years.  Actually it's longer than that.  Probably 15.  Anyway, C2C has always been a rollercoaster of suckage with Noory at the helm and now it truly is at it's lowest point.  Heck, I used to keep my radio on all night to listen, or to have it as background noise.  I don't even do that anymore.  I just cherry pick what I want to listen to and it's not much anymore.  :-\  It is sad.

By the way, Richard Syrett grew on me.  I like him better than Knapp now.  ;)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1543 on: October 14, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
I did. @Zetaspeak  Mike was doing his usual 'speaking on behalf of young people' schtick and his routine of making several points and then asking a question and going on and on.  He also tried talking over Ian.  We all knows how that ends up. ;D  It was obvious Ian was angry but he kept his composure.  He told Mike that he is a caller and not the host, and that he (Mike) has a habit, each time he calls in, of trying to make it his show and suggested Mike gets his own podcast.  Mike repeatedly interrupted "...but George gave me this opportunity."  Ian cut him off and gave him a lecture, again encouraging him to start his own podcast and that Ian actually would listen to it.  LOL!

That's it in a nutshell.  I may have missed some details.  I applaud Ian.  "Mike the Millennial" has quickly risen up the ranks on my personal most hated callers list.

Oh, Mike also boasted about being the one who set up the Go Fund Me account for Cornelius.  There was some other stuff but I can't recall it at this time.

You are the best @ShayP . You don't have to be a mind reader to know Ian really can't stand the "Noory 5 regulars"  ;D but not sure why he doesn't have the call screener screen them out or just say "We have open lines for people who haven't called". I have to agree with Ian, those regulars are mostly awful and makes it about themselves more than the guest or a topic. Thanks for the recap!

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #1544 on: October 14, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
@Jayzelady you’ll need the money for your increased flood insurance premiums.

Good point! 😁