Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838470 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1740 on: March 02, 2021, 06:36:00 PM »
Could it possibly be that Mike the Millennial might be one of those paid callers?  You know like that guy from La Jolla, Thomas, I think.

Eh, nevermind...

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #1741 on: March 02, 2021, 11:35:04 PM »
I may tune in as well. @AvDaBr  No doubt it will be comical.  Every group or song that is mentioned, George will say "That's a classic!"

So MTM is calling into a show that focuses on truckers?  Do you recall what he said?  I'm curious.

Less than a year ago Noory referred to MTM as a "new caller."  MTM has been calling in since 2013.  He just didn't refer to himself as MTM.  He was just 'Michael from Colorado.'  Makes me wonder if Tommy or George told him to use the Millennial handle.

Being as it was black history month, and the fact Mr. Ridley is himself black, I assume Mike felt obligated to bring up Motown of all things.  In fact I think he did mention he was bringing it up in the spirit of black history month.  Now Mr. Ridley comes off as near saintly, and is always friendly toward his callers- many of whom have probably been calling in for years (not sure how old the show is).  He was very complimentary of Mike, and mentioned that others had remarked how mature Mike seemed to be.  That's how I ascertained this wasn't Mike's first call to the show.

Just found it funny that Mike would call into a trucker show.  Heck, it's a trucker channel with Coast to Coast AM being the outlier program.  Who knows, he may be calling into MMA shows, the Playboy channel, black urban radio- the possibilities are endless.  He hasn't called in to NFL radio as I've heard.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1742 on: March 02, 2021, 11:56:20 PM »
I may tune in as well. @AvDaBr  No doubt it will be comical.  Every group or song that is mentioned, George will say "That's a classic!"

So MTM is calling into a show that focuses on truckers?  Do you recall what he said?  I'm curious.

Less than a year ago Noory referred to MTM as a "new caller."  MTM has been calling in since 2013.  He just didn't refer to himself as MTM.  He was just 'Michael from Colorado.'  Makes me wonder if Tommy or George told him to use the Millennial handle.

Mike the Millennial is 24, in 2013 he'd have been 15-16 which I guess for a weird kid with no friends it isn't that strange that he listens to talk radio and calls in. Ian Punnett reamed him out a few months ago under the guise of a little tough love mentoring. Both Mike and his much older compatriot Thomas from La Jolla call in to do their own little radio shows, every call follows the same format, as if they are working from a script. Ian told him it was obvious what he was doing and it was annoying, dared/prodded him to do his own podcast rather than hijacking Coast and whatever other shows he calls into which I bet are many. He also told him his claim that many millennials listen to Coast is bullshit, young people don't listen to Coast, he's an oddity. It wouldn't surprise me if both he and Thomas are part of a pool of callers that radio shows use when they can't generate enough callers.

My favorite Mike the Millennial moment was when he told a Coast guest 'I was the second most hated kid in my high school'  -  like even if you're going to share this rather sad fact with a stranger and hundreds of thousands of listeners a normal person would say 'I wasn't well liked in high school' or 'I was the most hated kid' but he had to be exact, like he's put a lot of thought into it and concluded he ranked 2nd in being hated. I can see him at his little desk in his bedroom still decorated for a 12 year old with a notebook where he's written down all the unpopular kids in high school and ranking them with side notes - it must have been disappointing when he realized he was no match for the most hated kid who was probably a Muslim.
If I was the host my question would have been 'How did the most hated kid beat you out? What criteria did you use?'

Extremely immature kid, he's not really a kid, i think that's part of his 'problem', he's not accepting adulthood and knows he probably never will, so keep telling yourself and others you're just a child.

He's not alone, this is a big trend in the US and other Western countries, the extension of childhood/adolescence way past what was considered normal just 20 years ago.
In my day if you were still living at home past 18 you were looked at as a loser, today it's normal. Not having a summer or part-time job meant you were rich, today middle class kids don't get summer and part-time jobs. They are also the loudest voices for Universal Basic Income,  able bodied intelligent young adults who feel it's perfectly fine to expect hard working taxpayers support them while they video game and tiktok/youtube their lives away.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1743 on: March 03, 2021, 12:02:31 AM »
@CronkitesGhost...

I say it out loud about idiot kids and their idiot parents.  "My kids will be those kids' bosses."
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1744 on: March 03, 2021, 12:42:52 AM »
... Ian told him it was obvious what he was doing and it was annoying...

Wait, Ian told someone else they were annoying?

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1745 on: March 03, 2021, 02:19:54 AM »
Wait, Ian told someone else they were annoying?

Ian can be pretentious but he's well informed on a number of subjects and can hold an interesting interview/conversation. Noory is uninformed on everything and couldn't hold a conversation with a 6 year old.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1746 on: March 03, 2021, 10:36:49 AM »
Being as it was black history month, and the fact Mr. Ridley is himself black, I assume Mike felt obligated to bring up Motown of all things.  In fact I think he did mention he was bringing it up in the spirit of black history month.  Now Mr. Ridley comes off as near saintly, and is always friendly toward his callers- many of whom have probably been calling in for years (not sure how old the show is).  He was very complimentary of Mike, and mentioned that others had remarked how mature Mike seemed to be.  That's how I ascertained this wasn't Mike's first call to the show.

Just found it funny that Mike would call into a trucker show.  Heck, it's a trucker channel with Coast to Coast AM being the outlier program.  Who knows, he may be calling into MMA shows, the Playboy channel, black urban radio- the possibilities are endless.  He hasn't called in to NFL radio as I've heard.

I too find it funny that Mike calls into a trucker show.  The last topic I would've guessed would be him bringing up Motown.  I was hoping it was his opinion on Peterbilt vs. Mack.  ;)

Your mentioning of him possibly calling into MMA shows, the Playboy channel, black urban radio tickled me.  I could imagine his calls...

"Thank you for taking my call.  Typically how long does it take a fighter to pass out when utilizing a Rear Naked Choke Hold?"

"Thank you for taking my call.  As a younger person, and a millennial, I just want to say that we all like Playboy."

"Thank you for taking my call.  As a younger person I didn't get to listen to old-school rap.  I've just discovered Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five and I would like to know the impact they had with current rappers."

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1747 on: March 03, 2021, 10:39:29 AM »
There should be a pool going how long into the interview before Snorgie brings up his own singing.

I'll bet within the first hour.  Or as soon as Elvis is mentioned.  "You know, I sing Elvis songs at my events.  We have a 3 piece band and it's really nice."

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1748 on: March 03, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
My favorite Mike the Millennial moment was when he told a Coast guest 'I was the second most hated kid in my high school'  -  like even if you're going to share this rather sad fact with a stranger and hundreds of thousands of listeners a normal person would say 'I wasn't well liked in high school' or 'I was the most hated kid' but he had to be exact, like he's put a lot of thought into it and concluded he ranked 2nd in being hated.

If I was the host my question would have been 'How did the most hated kid beat you out? What criteria did you use?'

Wow.  That is an incredibly odd statement for him to make.  I've heard him say he wasn't popular, but to lay claim to the second most hated?  LOL!  As vapid as Noory is, I can see him asking Mike the questions you posed.  I wish he would.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mike wasn't hated at all.  He probably just didn't get the attention he wanted or what he thought he was entitled to.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1749 on: March 04, 2021, 12:09:34 AM »
I too find it funny that Mike calls into a trucker show.  The last topic I would've guessed would be him bringing up Motown.  I was hoping it was his opinion on Peterbilt vs. Mack.  ;)

Your mentioning of him possibly calling into MMA shows, the Playboy channel, black urban radio tickled me.  I could imagine his calls...

"Thank you for taking my call.  Typically how long does it take a fighter to pass out when utilizing a Rear Naked Choke Hold?"

"Thank you for taking my call.  As a younger person, and a millennial, I just want to say that we all like Playboy."

"Thank you for taking my call.  As a younger person I didn't get to listen to old-school rap.  I've just discovered Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five and I would like to know the impact they had with current rappers."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1750 on: March 04, 2021, 12:26:10 AM »
the creepy obsession with Jonbenet Ramsey returns. tonight's first guest was some kind of expert at detecting people who are deceptive by the language they use in statements. I wasn't following the interview closely but I guess the guest has worked with law enforcement which of course was enough to trigger creepy George's reptilian limbic system to recall poor little Jonbenet.

"Deeew yeeew know anything about the Jonbenet Ramsey case?'

'Yes am familiar with it.'

'I do a tv show, we tape it in Denver, that's where she was killed. I had somebody drive me to the house she was killed in and we drove around it, boy it is really spooky I tell you.'

He's told this 'story' to so many guests I can't count them, about the same amount of times he's told guests about his accomplished 9 year career in the Navy and how he got out just before Operation Desert Storm and the rest of his unit got called up and served under General Schwartzkopf.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1751 on: March 04, 2021, 12:32:06 AM »
I'm not googling it, but aren't both of JonBenet Ramsey's parents dead now?
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1752 on: March 04, 2021, 12:37:24 AM »
Wow.  That is an incredibly odd statement for him to make.  I've heard him say he wasn't popular, but to lay claim to the second most hated?  LOL!  As vapid as Noory is, I can see him asking Mike the questions you posed.  I wish he would.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mike wasn't hated at all.  He probably just didn't get the attention he wanted or what he thought he was entitled to.

lol that's why I remember it because it was so odd.  Like was there a vote taken for Most Hated Kid and he was the runner-up?

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1753 on: March 04, 2021, 12:38:57 AM »
I'm not googling it, but aren't both of JonBenet Ramsey's parents dead now?

i think so, definitely the mother and I think the father too but after the mother by some number of years.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1754 on: March 04, 2021, 01:08:21 AM »
lol that's why I remember it because it was so odd.  Like was there a vote taken for Most Hated Kid and he was the runner-up?

He obviously didn’t vote for himself
Are we having fun yet?