Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838496 times)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1800 on: March 06, 2021, 06:01:27 PM »
lol he's so sad. it's obvious he is extremely immature for a 24 year old, remember the Eddie Haskell character on Leave it to Beaver? He was a dick but when Beaver's parents entered the room he'd ingratiate himself with the adults by speaking very properly in a very mature way and compliment them, the parents knew he was a dick and weren't buying his act. Mike the Millennial sounds like Eddie Haskell but unlike Eddie he isn't a wiseass 50s teenager, he's being himself. It's as if he is trapped in the 1950's and he's hoping the guest reacts to him 'Why what a fine young man you are Mike and quite bright. You'll go far in life son.' That's what he's really after, at 24. Normal 24 year olds are trying to impress employers, professors and people of the opposite sex.

Those are all very good points. However, in 2021, it seems like 24 is the new 12.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1801 on: March 06, 2021, 06:08:22 PM »
I listen to Coast a lot. I honestly cannot remember hearing a caller under the age of 40. 80% of callers are the same people, and they are way over 40, i bet their average age is 60+ if not older. Mike the Millennial is lying to himself that there are lots of millennials who listen to Coast.

He blatantly ripped off Thomas from La Jolla's act. The structure of Mike's calls is the same as Thomas's. George announces they're on the air,  then they overdo the gratitude 'Thank you so much for taking my call' as if the fucking show isn't desperate for callers if not actually using a service that provides callers, next they move on to unctuously compliment the guest and George about the interview 'I'd like to say what fantastic work you're doing. Great interview.'  then it's time for them to show off what they know about the topic, in Thomas's case maybe he's a very well read old man, Mike is a loser who prepares for every guest on Wikipedia. George gives them time to do their own little program.

now I think about it, Thomas is too well prepared on too many subjects, I think he is also looking up who the night's guests are and studying up online for the big call in to Coast.

my god, how pathetic  ;D

There's a third option. It could be his grandson. I agree with your take on demographics. I felt too young for the show when I was in my late thirties.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1802 on: March 06, 2021, 07:46:15 PM »
Those are all very good points. However, in 2021, it seems like 24 is the new 12.

So generous! 😁

Is Noory catholic?

It could be that he carries around a lot of guilt and, if he didn't have God watching over him ready to judge, he would be one of those mass murderer guys.
Eh, nevermind...

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1803 on: March 06, 2021, 09:55:56 PM »
So generous! 😁

Is Noory catholic?

It could be that he carries around a lot of guilt and, if he didn't have God watching over him ready to judge, he would be one of those mass murderer guys.

He already is a mass murderer. He killed scores of promising shows.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1804 on: March 06, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »
This Norry dedication of the week goes out to all of the cat ladies:

Looks like George has some serious competition wearing a grey hat!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1805 on: March 06, 2021, 10:09:56 PM »

Anyone who gives Falkie a segment should be blackballed...  With no lube... 🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1806 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:46 PM »
Lol.  If I had a dollar for every time a pivotal moment came and he just waves it away.  Maybe he's heard it all before & doesn't need a deeper explanation, since Geminis are kind of mental.  But the rest of us do need to hear the remaining 3 or 4 sentences.  It's always just a few more sentences that would resolve all sorts of suspense, but he doesn't allow it. 

Maybe subconsciously he doesn't want someone to look like a deeper person or more interesting person than himself?  Well, that would be silly. 

George, you're the best!  Let your guests shine to the last drop of their pivotal moments!  It won't cast shade on you!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1807 on: March 06, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »
I've heard him laugh like that when a guest wasn't even finished speaking.  It's like he uses it as a method to cut off the conversation and go to the break.  It's not even an appropriate time to laugh either.  Plus, it's evident that half the time he doesn't pay attention to the content of the discussion.

I'm surprised to see he's not trending on Twitter.  That wouldn't be good for him anyway.

Good 'ol George is an enigma that's for sure.
I agree that it seems like he uses words & sounds to convey meanings which most people wouldn't do that way.  Like laughing in order to steer the topic into a direction he wants it to go.  It's kind of frightening.  How would you ever know what he really thinks if he laughs to convey control instead of to convey amusement?

And maybe he is paying attention, but uses audacious impertinence, like asking an irrelevant question to steer away from a pivotal point.  I think he wants to get to break in time, but usually these pivotal points would be resolved in just about 30 more seconds with a lot more trust and grace than getting all weird.  There is no way to know, really, if he is deliberately antagonizing.  It's a combination of issues depending on each instance, of whether he was fixating personally on some really tiny aspect, was oblivious to topic sensitivity, or was just strategizing to get to break on time.

Some of the details he fixates on which derail pivotal moments are things he could just Google!  Ugh!  Or jot down & email the guest later.  I'm sure he gets 1000s of emails, but he could "flag" that one while waiting for a response.

To his credit, I think he doesn't like to cut off a guest to go to break, so that might be why he kind of highjacks the conversation away from pivotal moments.  It probably works fine much of the time, but when it doesn't, it's very uncomfortable.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1808 on: March 06, 2021, 10:34:07 PM »
''Haw haw haw, I love it''
I've wondered if some of those are the result of a cut & splice by a producer.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1809 on: March 06, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
... if he didn't have God watching over him ready to judge, he would be one of those mass murderer guys.

Of course that takes focus and some level of competence

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1810 on: March 06, 2021, 10:54:14 PM »
Is the general consensus that Lisa Garr the better female host than Connie Willie?

Tonight's show been pretty good. Unfortunately the guest has to clear his throat every ten seconds

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1811 on: March 06, 2021, 11:23:02 PM »
Is the general consensus that Lisa Garr the better female host than Connie Willie?

Tonight's show been pretty good. Unfortunately the guest has to clear his throat every ten seconds

If she looks anything like her sister...  I'll listen for a few, er, minutes... 🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1812 on: March 06, 2021, 11:32:28 PM »
Anyone who gives Falkie a segment should be blackballed...  With no lube... 🙄🙄🙄

How is that guy? He reminds me of Dennis Prager's younger brother, who no one mentions.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1813 on: March 06, 2021, 11:36:48 PM »
Lol.  If I had a dollar for every time a pivotal moment came and he just waves it away.  Maybe he's heard it all before & doesn't need a deeper explanation, since Geminis are kind of mental.  But the rest of us do need to hear the remaining 3 or 4 sentences.  It's always just a few more sentences that would resolve all sorts of suspense, but he doesn't allow it. 

Maybe subconsciously he doesn't want someone to look like a deeper person or more interesting person than himself?  Well, that would be silly. 

George, you're the best!  Let your guests shine to the last drop of their pivotal moments!  It won't cast shade on you!

You know more than I do about his shows these days. I haven't listened in five or more years (yikes!), but it sounds like it's still aural "Groundhog Day". Guest: "Then, the ET made the most profound statement I ever heard as he said.... Noory: "Bob, do you think we're in End Times, 'cause I really do."

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1814 on: March 06, 2021, 11:48:41 PM »
''Haw haw haw, I love it''

lol you're right - he often follows up the laugh with 'I love it'

there are 2 possibilities, he's on his phone swiping through profiles on Tinder, playing Facebook video games and is barely paying attention to what the guest is saying so you get the weird out of place 'hahaha i love it' and 'that's classic, classic'

the other possibility is he's just stupid and/or in cognitive decline due to dementia/age

i am still laughing over the 'that's classic. classic' response to the guest telling him he talked to Mary Wilson just 3 days before her death. even if he said 'great story' which would also be a weird response but still more tactful than 'that's classic. classic'  the repeating of 'classic' was pure Noory genius.