Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838530 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1875 on: March 24, 2021, 10:58:15 PM »

haven't listened in a while though i did listen to a decent Punnett show on the weekend. Nice Noory moment, his guest is an Artificial Intelligence expert which is ironic since the host of the show has no intelligence of any kind. George as always is trying to have a conversation with little in his head to offer so we get a very low brow conversation about a very interesting subject. Noory brings up driverless vehicles and expresses concern for the livelihoods of truck drivers.

'I don't want to see driverless trucks delivering produce and goods ...... and services.'

ah yes 18 wheelers loaded with financial advisors, hair stylists, personal trainers being moved across the country.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1876 on: March 24, 2021, 11:16:25 PM »

I love Punnett's disdain for Noory's Sad Pack of regular callers. They don't call much when he's on because some of them are smart enough to know they're not wanted.

But that didn't stop one of them during the open phone part of the show - the caller was very concerned about Louise the nutty lady who thinks she's Cleopatra reincarnated, he wanted to know if Ian knew if she was ok because he hadn't heard her call in a while. Ian wasn't interested one bit in discussing Louise, in a snarky tone he replied 'i'm sure she's fine, now what do you want to talk about?'

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1877 on: March 24, 2021, 11:27:40 PM »

My god he is functionally retarded, it's fucking 2021 and he just asked his guest 'WHAT DOES A COMPUTER CHIP LOOK LIKE PETER?' Peter was taken aback at the question but supplied an answer, Noory followed up with 'WHAT ARE THEY MADE OF PETER?'  again Peter has to give the idiot an answer to his stupid question. Totally lacking any self awareness how stupid he is Noory presses on and asks 'WHAT ABOUT MEMORY, HOW DOES A COMPUTER HAVE MEMORY?'

these are questions you'd have heard on a radio show in 1978.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1878 on: March 25, 2021, 01:12:16 AM »
Ha!  Snorge “feigning” intelligence.  It reminds me of this newscast dunderhead character in “Die Hard.”  ;D

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1879 on: March 25, 2021, 01:26:24 AM »
My god he is functionally retarded, it's fucking 2021 and he just asked his guest 'WHAT DOES A COMPUTER CHIP LOOK LIKE PETER?' Peter was taken aback at the question but supplied an answer, Noory followed up with 'WHAT ARE THEY MADE OF PETER?'  again Peter has to give the idiot an answer to his stupid question. Totally lacking any self awareness how stupid he is Noory presses on and asks 'WHAT ABOUT MEMORY, HOW DOES A COMPUTER HAVE MEMORY?'

George has been very successful relying on his cue cards, and is resistant to updating them

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1880 on: March 25, 2021, 06:19:11 AM »
'I don't want to see driverless trucks delivering produce and goods ...... and services.'

ah yes 18 wheelers loaded with financial advisors, hair stylists, personal trainers being moved across the country.

LOL! Oh that is funny.  An image of hair stylists and men in suits packed like sardines in the back of a trailer popped in my head. ;D

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #1881 on: March 25, 2021, 06:24:23 AM »

I am going to cut to the chase here:

WHAT DOES 1978 LOOK LIKE, Cron?

WHAT IS 1978 MADE OF, Cron?

WHAT ABOUT MEMORY, Cron? HOW DOES 1978 HAVE MEMORY? (I'M GUESSING IT IS VIA A CALENDAR, BUT THAT'S JUST MY GUESS, Cron.)

Perhaps by my asking these questions, they will - in some kind of inverted sympathetic magic manner - keep that son of a bitch from asking so MANY irritating questions.

But I'm not holding my breath. Because I would surely croak.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1882 on: March 25, 2021, 06:29:29 AM »
If he didn’t ask such questions, there’d be no reason to listen.

It’s like when Jim Bohannon cut off a caller because Jimbo couldn’t understand the concept of an email filter to reduce junk mail.
Merry Christmas

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #1883 on: March 25, 2021, 06:45:03 AM »
There is a fine line between deriving entertainment and experiencing crucifixion.

Noory forces me over the line so often per show, that I could easily pass as perpetually Messianic.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1884 on: March 25, 2021, 07:48:32 AM »
Snorge should stick with the abacus.  And if that is too much to handle, revert to his usual computational method.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #1885 on: March 25, 2021, 08:38:28 AM »
Snorge should stick with the abacus.  And if that is too much to handle, revert to his usual computational method.

I don't know but I've been told George can't count to 21 without dropping his drawers. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1886 on: March 25, 2021, 03:38:22 PM »
I don't know but I've been told George can't count to 21 without dropping his drawers.

Whaaa?

He's got a penis?
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1887 on: March 25, 2021, 04:18:38 PM »

Ok, maybe 20 and a half

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1888 on: March 25, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »
Ok, maybe 20 and a half
Snorge knows fractions.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #1889 on: March 25, 2021, 06:58:16 PM »
haven't listened in a while though i did listen to a decent Punnett show on the weekend. Nice Noory moment, his guest is an Artificial Intelligence expert which is ironic since the host of the show has no intelligence of any kind. George as always is trying to have a conversation with little in his head to offer so we get a very low brow conversation about a very interesting subject. Noory brings up driverless vehicles and expresses concern for the livelihoods of truck drivers.

Noory's strong stance  against self driving trucks is a bit hypocritical.

Premiere Networks is utilizing a non-thinking, robotic, mindless, beta-version, error infested tool to host a talk show.

I don't see Noory whining about that.