Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838505 times)

AvDaBr

• KDWN
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #2430 on: June 15, 2021, 09:05:34 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the high number of C2C UFO related guests over the past months?  I'm guessing all these guests correspond to upcoming report to Congress. C2C is scraping the bottom of the barrel for these people, however.  It's like C2C is trolling the minor leagues of small time radio/podcast guests just to find guests to fill airtime.  I've had a number of Oliver Wendell Douglas moments listening to these goofballs.  They are bad enough to make me long for the likes of Dolan, Kloetzke, and Lear.  Pathetic.

The single best improvement the show could make, other than getting a serious and talented primary host of course, is to ditch the split show format.  When you're having to book double the guests, bottom fishing is accelerated.

In addition, changing from a full-time format would help immensely, but advertising considerations would never allow this.  Although scrapping the weekend shows might be feasible.  Trouble is, the only decent hosts are the weekend hosts- Chuckles and Garr excluded.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2431 on: June 15, 2021, 09:23:32 AM »
iHeart owns stations,  the stations need programming.  Coast provides programming and is cheap to produce.  They are able to sell the show.  Nothing else matters.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2432 on: June 15, 2021, 09:31:15 AM »
iHeart owns stations,  the stations need programming.  Coast provides programming and is cheap to produce.  They are able to sell the show.  Nothing else matters.
Sad but true.  But Julie’s happy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2433 on: June 15, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »
Sad but true.  But Julie’s happy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snarky smile.

#SnarkSmile
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2434 on: June 15, 2021, 02:44:00 PM »
Last night regular caller Cornelius told Noory that it was the Army's anniversary day and requested at the end of the show he play the Army's theme song.
But after he hung up on Corny, Noory commented they play all the service themes on Veteran's Day - no need to do it on other days! :P

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2435 on: June 15, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »
Last night regular caller Cornelius told Noory that it was the Army's anniversary day and requested at the end of the show he play the Army's theme song.
But after he hung up on Corny, Noory commented they play all the service themes on Veteran's Day - no need to do it on other days! :P

Is Falkie like George, or George like Falkie???

Maybe Falkielogic is a misnomer...
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2436 on: June 16, 2021, 12:15:45 AM »
How long has George Noory been writing for Newsmaxx and "on Newsmaxx" per his ad tonight, whatever that means.  Do they pay him?  What the heck.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #2437 on: June 16, 2021, 02:41:04 AM »

the voice of Coast to Coast has been silenced. the deep voiced announcer suffered a stroke recently and never regained consciousness.

Noory will outlive everybody.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2438 on: June 16, 2021, 02:51:43 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/georgenoory/sports-america-covid/2020/09/08/id/985783/
Hall of Shame Worst Article Ever.  Racist.  Comparing entrenched racism with Minnie Mouse (Wow).  I'm surprised he didn't hit it off with that racist tranny from Kentucky.  Brings all this hate and emotional escalating about racism into an article that has nothing to do with racism.  Just, wow.  Tell me this is a robo-writer fake.

Join Newsmax online for free (no trial, pure free) like I just did & post what you think about this piece of shit editorial.  There is no way George Noory wrote it.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2439 on: June 16, 2021, 02:52:16 AM »
the voice of Coast to Coast has been silenced. the deep voiced announcer suffered a stroke recently and never regained consciousness.

Noory will outlive everybody.
Did you catch his name?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2440 on: June 16, 2021, 03:10:01 AM »
How long has George Noory been writing for Newsmaxx and "on Newsmaxx" per his ad tonight, whatever that means.  Do they pay him?  What the heck.

:o  I had no idea he wrote articles for Newsmax.  I know he advertises it on C2C.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2441 on: June 16, 2021, 03:33:15 AM »
:o  I had no idea he wrote articles for Newsmax.  I know he advertises it on C2C.
Yeah, I see the archive goes back approximately a year.  Nothing before 2020.  I don't think he writes these articles.  I think they're just using his name.  He would never try to rile people up over race riots in order to scare them to think professional sports are being abandoned.  The whole argument doesn't even make sense.  Can't express the extent of my disappointment in him.  Surely he knows his name is being used for super poor journalism.  I just can't see George as racist, or as being dismissive of minority concerns.  This is unbelievable.  If I were him, I'd sue them for misrepresentation.  I mean, if I stretch, I can see the argument he makes for being intolerant of teams changing to non-offensive names, and being intolerant of people rioting destroying statues of historical racist leaders.  I can understand a lily white WASP angle if I had to.  But I DON'T understand riling readers up about race issues to bring their limbic brain into full gear about sports being shut down during the pandemic.  That doesn't even make sense no matter how much I try to wrap my head around it.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2442 on: June 16, 2021, 04:21:41 AM »
I don't think he writes these articles.  I think they're just using his name...

I think you may be right.  Plus how can he find the time with the 8 hours of show prep he claimed he did?  ::)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2443 on: June 16, 2021, 04:28:35 AM »
I'm looking forward to this show.  I'm glad Syrett is hosting.  Noory would botch this interview.

DATE
Friday - June 18 2021

HOST
Richard Syrett

GUESTS
Richard C. Matheson, Open Lines

Prolific horror and fantasy author and Hollywood screenwriter, Richard C. Matheson, is the son of the late Twilight Zone writer Richard Matheson. He joins Richard Syrett  to discuss his work in the entertainment industry as well as his father's legacy.  Followed by Open Lines in the latter half.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2444 on: June 16, 2021, 05:15:14 AM »
Did you catch his name?

I'm assuming it is Ross Mitchell. I haven't listened to Coast in forever but I assume he was still associated with the program.