Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838704 times)

Morgus

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #2835 on: July 13, 2021, 03:17:29 PM »
Then there’s this guy.

https://www.stevequayle.com/

Even Snorge just lets him roll.
Those are the best guests for Noory, they talk so much he can't barely get a word in edgewise.
Just like when Linda Howe would do her own interviews and Noory could just take a nap...  8)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2836 on: July 13, 2021, 03:46:30 PM »
Those are the best guests for Noory, they talk so much he can't barely get a word in edgewise.
Just like when Linda Howe would do her own interviews and Noory could just take a nap...  8)

Quayle and Noory are a great combo. SQ will jump from Green Berets slugging it out with 19 foot Giants, to Angels to Russian generals that run weather control programs before Noory can even say hello.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2837 on: July 13, 2021, 05:25:28 PM »
Ha!  Yeah, I always get a laugh with Quayle.  He’s all over the map, with giants popping up with abandon, while Snorge catches a nap.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2838 on: July 13, 2021, 05:29:41 PM »
Yep, Quayle can fast-talk for 30min without taking a breath!
Noory can just say one word like "Giants!" and Quayle can go on auto-pilot for a full segment...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #2839 on: July 14, 2021, 12:54:52 AM »

he's such a dull old boy. the first guest tonight was a doctor specializing in the physical/biological/mental aspects of anxiety. Noory often tries to convey he's an intellectual by mimicking serious interviewers he's seen in his life on TV.. He will ask a question he believes has great profundity in a very dramatic way - in his head anyway - to the listener it's like watching a dog tilting his head trying to understand what his master is saying to him.

so Noory probes the doctor with what he thinks is a question of great insight  'Doctor ........ is anxiousness ............ the same as .... anxiety?'

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2840 on: July 14, 2021, 08:33:49 AM »
he's such a dull old boy. the first guest tonight was a doctor specializing in the physical/biological/mental aspects of anxiety. Noory often tries  :Pto convey he's an intellectual by mimicking serious interviewers he's seen in his life on TV.. He will ask a question he believes has great profundity in a very dramatic way - in his head anyway - to the listener it's like watching a dog tilting his head trying to understand what his master is saying to him.

so Noory probes the doctor with what he thinks is a question of great insight  'Doctor ........ is anxiousness ............ the same as .... anxiety?'

Ha!  I only listened to Snorge do his usual pitiful imitation of a news broadcaster with his opening news summary.  That was enough me.   :P
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2841 on: July 14, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2842 on: July 14, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »

Memories of the old world!
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2843 on: July 14, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »

Noory truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2844 on: July 14, 2021, 01:21:44 PM »
Noory truly is the gift that keeps on giving.
I just wish we could “re-gift” him to someone.  Maybe to Giggles Willis.  They could to retire to some nice deserted island, where Giggles could continue her Bigfoot hunts and Snorge could collect coconuts. 
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #2845 on: July 16, 2021, 04:03:16 AM »
lol so soooo limited an intellect. i half listened tonight in and out of sleep. Noory was interviewing some soft spoken British man about ghosts in England, you know at some point in any Noory interview he's going to come up completely empty whereupon his lizard brain is going to kick in, make some crude connections and spit out a question that leaves the guest speechless -  'The movie Christmas Carol, the ghosts of Christmas Future and Past ........... what do you know about them?' Guest of course was taken aback by the ridiculous out of left field question and had to reorient himself and give some kind of answer.

I really mean it when I talk about his lizard brain, the oldest part of our brains, very basic functions -  A Christmas Carol is one of a very limited collection of cultural artifacts stored in his memory, can't be more inside there than about 25 items - so he's sitting there behind his microphone trying to do an interview and since he does absolutely no preparation at some point  he will have no question ready so his primitive brain kicks in  'seeking .... England ....... waiting  .... and ...... or  ........ ghost ..... retrieving ........ ' and out pops the inane A Christmas Carol question.

I think he bailed on the guest early, took no calls from listeners with questions for the guest and went to open phone.

Thomas from La Jolla called in, Noory greeted him with great fanfare  - even Thomas was surprised by Noory's over the top flattery,   Thomas after his trademark sycophantic 'Thank you so much for accepting my call' told George that he doesn't call in to be a celebrity or 'build my brand', he's just a curious guy who wants to ask questions of guests that he feels the Coast audience whom he loves will find valuable. So after this nauseating preamble of course Noory has nothing to offer so Thomas who probably does get paid to call in says that tonight he thought he'd keep it light and ask George what comedy movies are among George Noory's favorites. Huge mistake of course because of what I said before, Noory's got very little to work with - he stammers out 'It's a Mad Mad World' a movie you know he saw 50 years ago and remembers almost nothing about. His mind is blank so he turns the question on Thomas who has no problem coming up with a few more contemporary comedy films including the recent CGI cartoon 'The Mitchells Against The Machines' completely showing up Noory. Noory now scrambles to think of a comedy movie from this century 'I like those Vacation movies you know the one in Las Vegas ............ or ..... well all of them .... do you know Randy Quaid? Eddie that was his name'  The man can't even hold a 2 minute conversation about funny movies.

Then Joseph the gravely voiced regular caller from Long Island with his usual droning contribution.  Followed by Annie from Alabamie who we found out hasn't left her house in a year and a half, 'haven't seen a soul', hasn't been vaccinated and is upset about it - Noory told her millions have been vaccinated and it's free so Annie should get vaccinated, she protests that they are liars, she's high risk and they need to come to her house to vaccinate her - i am pretty sure they do offer this for shut-ins.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2846 on: July 16, 2021, 05:27:42 AM »
I’m surprised he didn’t ask about JonBenet’s ghost.

I don’t think any of the Sad Pack are paid.  Professional paid callers are good.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2847 on: July 16, 2021, 07:05:19 AM »
lol so soooo limited an intellect. i half listened tonight in and out of sleep. Noory was interviewing some soft spoken British man about ghosts in England, you know at some point in any Noory interview he's going to come up completely empty whereupon his lizard brain is going to kick in, make some crude connections and spit out a question that leaves the guest speechless -  'The movie Christmas Carol, the ghosts of Christmas Future and Past ........... what do you know about them?' Guest of course was taken aback by the ridiculous out of left field question and had to reorient himself and give some kind of answer.

I really mean it when I talk about his lizard brain, the oldest part of our brains, very basic functions -  A Christmas Carol is one of a very limited collection of cultural artifacts stored in his memory, can't be more inside there than about 25 items - so he's sitting there behind his microphone trying to do an interview and since he does absolutely no preparation at some point  he will have no question ready so his primitive brain kicks in  'seeking .... England ....... waiting  .... and ...... or  ........ ghost ..... retrieving ........ ' and out pops the inane A Christmas Carol question.

I think he bailed on the guest early, took no calls from listeners with questions for the guest and went to open phone.

With about 15 minutes left in the show, I heard Noory say we'll bring on David Weatherly for a couple hours to talk about black eyed children. ???  I assumed it was a recording but wasn't announced like the other times Noory bails on a show. 

Noory's question regarding the ghosts of Christmas Future and Past definitely threw the guest for a loop but he recovered nicely.  I did enjoy his pause and then his response. "How do you mean?"  ;D  I would've like to see the expression on his face.  I was looking forward to that interview but he was sent packing early.  He was scheduled for the entire second half.

Noory needs his comfort zone of the Sad Pack callers.  They're all he can relate to.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #2848 on: July 16, 2021, 08:16:06 AM »

lol i'm glad somebody else heard the Christmas Carol question, at that point I was 80% asleep but that stupidity made it through my consciousness,

the guest was on to talk about real ghosts, it is a radio program about the paranormal after all, so Noory brings up ghosts from a fictional story.  he may as well have asked him 'Do you know that ghost in the Ghostbusters logo? Do you have any stories about him?'

he has no real interest in anything, he's pretty much Chaunce the Gardener from Being There.

he then brought Tommy on air and he spent 5 minutes talking about ......... whistling ...... he is simply amazed how the human brain can accomplish whistling 'Tom, don't you think it's amazing how the brain lets people play any song just by blowing through their lips?'  Tommy, like the guests, didn't know how to deal with his latest inanity. Tommy said 'I don't know if it's that amazing, how is it different than playing a song on the clarinet you told us you played in high school?'
Noory answered in brilliant fashion 'Well that's different, the clarinet has those buttons, you press buttons for the different notes'  He then told Tommy 'Tommy we should do a show about whistling, let's find a guest who's an expert on whistling.'

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2849 on: July 16, 2021, 08:29:12 AM »
lol i'm glad somebody else heard the Christmas Carol question, at that point I was 80% asleep but that stupidity made it through my consciousness,

the guest was on to talk about real ghosts, it is a radio program about the paranormal after all, so Noory brings up ghosts from a fictional story.  he may as well have asked him 'Do you know that ghost in the Ghostbusters logo? Do you have any stories about him?'

he has no real interest in anything, he's pretty much Chaunce the Gardener from Being There.

he then brought Tommy on air and he spent 5 minutes talking about ......... whistling ...... he is simply amazed how the human brain can accomplish whistling 'Tom, don't you think it's amazing how the brain lets people play any song just by blowing through their lips?'  Tommy, like the guests, didn't know how to deal with his latest inanity. Tommy said 'I don't know if it's that amazing, how is it different than playing a song on the clarinet you told us you played in high school?'
Noory answered in brilliant fashion 'Well that's different, the clarinet has those buttons, you press buttons for the different notes'  He then told Tommy 'Tommy we should do a show about whistling, let's find a guest who's an expert on whistling.'

Ha!  Yes.  Noory is fascinated by whistling.  I wonder if he's fascinated by farts.  After all, a sound is made when air passes through a small hole...As Tommie pointed out to Georgy boy.  ;D