Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838499 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #4740 on: January 11, 2022, 10:19:04 PM »
Holy cow!  Is that what "dime in the jukebox"means???

Was Joan Jett being naughty? 😁😁😁
She's probably naughty but no, I don't think she meant any double entendre.  But now the song will reference that for you ha ha ha. 

I think it's deer season and......... uh, sean season?

What both songs covered is how the ladiess felt over a lover being with someone else; that's all.

Petula is platinum now, and it looks natural.  In retirement now, she has considered making an album, per the Internet.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #4741 on: January 13, 2022, 02:26:32 PM »
Today is one of those rare days I randomly go to C2C site to see who the guests are and the topic seem at least somewhat interesting (Fallen Angels & Aliens / Rock Music & Jimi Hendrix)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4742 on: January 13, 2022, 03:12:48 PM »
Today is one of those rare days I randomly go to C2C site to see who the guests are and the topic seem at least somewhat interesting (Fallen Angels & Aliens / Rock Music & Jimi Hendrix)
I do that occasionally, then forget to listen.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4743 on: January 13, 2022, 04:46:42 PM »
I do that occasionally, then forget to listen.

Better yet, I find out about a guest I may have tuned in for the next day

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4744 on: January 13, 2022, 09:18:01 PM »
every time I tune in it's another woo lady or the snake oil peddling veterinarian. unlistenable overnight radio, Noory cornered the market on it but the two clowns on Red Light Radio are trying to horn in on his game..

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4745 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:45 PM »
'George Noory, host of the nationally syndicated program Coast to Coast AM, says if he wasn’t a national radio talk show host, he’d be in politics.'

lol he's such a shmuck. I'd love to see him in the Senate 'I saw them all, those people in the Wuhan lab, something happened and those people were scurrying around in a panic, the virus had leaked.'

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4746 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:20 PM »

he's such a con artist, reading this ridiculous biography of Noory it turns out he wasn't even in the Navy really, he was in the Navy Reserve. Noory just looking to pick up some extra income doing next to nothing a few weekends a year.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4747 on: January 13, 2022, 10:28:37 PM »
he's such a con artist, reading this ridiculous biography of Noory it turns out he wasn't even in the Navy really, he was in the Navy Reserve. Noory just looking to pick up some extra income doing next to nothing a few weekends a year.

Until they started calling up reservists for the first gulf war
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4748 on: January 13, 2022, 10:31:10 PM »

He had some kind of communications desk job in DC.  Never went out on a boat.

And like Grav said, quit as soon as we went to war.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4749 on: January 13, 2022, 11:22:10 PM »
now this is the kind of guest I like, a Biblical prophecy kook, it's all one big circle jerk of these guys, it's all guys, wimmins ain't into End Times for some reason.

so the guest gives Noory the lowdown on what's happening in the world, bad things are happening because we're approaching the End of Everything here on Earth, a Satanic cabal will rule the world on behalf of Lucifer. He lets Noory sit on that. Noory stammers and sputters for a few seconds and then offers a resounding 'Absolutely'. 

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #4750 on: January 13, 2022, 11:59:22 PM »
Regular caller Cornelius just got on and proclaimed he is part of "George Norway's" army! :D

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4751 on: January 14, 2022, 12:39:01 AM »
So the second guest is a rock and roll journalist/historian to talk about 60s music. Of course we know George was a mommy's boy in the 60s listening to Pat Boone and Perry Como and not those scary long haired hippies music. The interview begins with Jimi Hendrix, George has a surprise guest - Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, who toured with Hendrix and said he was a great guy, pretty much it, nothing interesting really and then George cut him loose without giving the guest a chance to interact with Billy. The guest told George that he knows George and himself are the same age and he knows the Detroit music scene of George's youth very well. Noory asks the guest if he remembers where he was when he found out Hendrix had died. The guest thinking Noory was a somewhat normal teenager tells George 'I'm sure I had a similar reaction to yours when you found out.' hahahaha

Noory's trying so hard to give the guest the impression he's a big music guy too, he's throwing out anybody he's ever met and always 'what a great guy he was' - Noory somehow knew Russ Regan the music dude who discovered the Beach Boys. This impressed the guest.  They discussed Berry Gordy the founder of Motown Records, Noory stumbles out 'He was one of the most original important musician ... musical people wasn't he?'  This is a very common sentence structure for Noory, stating a fact and then at the end putting it into a question format.   

Then Casey Kasem, who came from Detroit just like George, also a Lebanese. George tells the guest he was very good friends with Casey, how he met Casey at a radio network Christmas party in 2002 and they sat him for dinner right beside Casey because George had begged them to. George said of Casey 'what a great guy' because everybody's a great guy if they're famous to Noory, Noory said they remained friends and would get together.  The guest actually backed Noory up on that, said he saw Noory and Casey at a restaurant together and named the restaurant, Fat Greek or something. Noory has mentioned that restaurant before.

The guest continues to talk to Noory as if he and Noory are kindred spirits musically. I keep hoping he'll ask Noory if he was at Woodstock or 'what's your favorite concert from the 60s George?'

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4752 on: January 14, 2022, 12:47:55 AM »
So the second guest is a rock and roll journalist/historian to talk about 60s music. Of course we know George was a mommy's boy in the 60s listening to Pat Boone and Perry Como and not those scary long haired hippies music. The interview begins with Jimi Hendrix, George has a surprise guest - Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, who toured with Hendrix and said he was a great guy, pretty much it, nothing interesting really and then George cut him loose without giving the guest a chance to interact with Billy. The guest told George that he knows George and himself are the same age and he knows the Detroit music scene of George's youth very well. Noory asks the guest if he remembers where he was when he found out Hendrix had died. The guest thinking Noory was a somewhat normal teenager tells George 'I'm sure I had a similar reaction to yours when you found out.' hahahaha

George remembers.  It was 2005 and someone had earlier brought up Hendrix' name.  George didn't know who that was, so Tommy told him the whole story over spaghetti at Olive Garden.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4753 on: January 14, 2022, 01:20:04 AM »
This interview is why I listen to Coast, interviews where Noory has a perfectly normal guest on about non-paranormal topics - these kind of interviews expose how sheltered an existence Noory has lived including his adulthood.

Guest: It's like Ice T the rapper told me 'It's not about being the man, it's about staying the man.'

Noory: So true. It's about endurance.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4754 on: January 14, 2022, 01:50:12 AM »
Noory comments on the way the music biz evolves.

'We had people like Keely Smith(wtf) and then it was the Beatles and Wayne Newton and folks like that.'

Wayne Newton, if ever there was a symbol of the changing times in the 60s it would be Wayne Newton. And the Beatles. I'm sure they hung out and collaborated.

for the last hour the interview has predictably deteriorated, as all Noory interviews do, into Noory just blurting out names of music artists 'Freddy and the Dreamers. How about them?' 'The Buckinghams.' I'm guessing Tommy made a list of these names.

Classic Noory moment.

'How about Queen? When were they?'

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D