Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838598 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #6000 on: May 27, 2022, 12:35:51 AM »
There is no demand for it. I guarantee you Premiere hasn't invested a nickel into research on what Coast's declining audience wants. Because it doesn't matter to them, Arbitron doesn't even measure radio from 12 midnight to 6 AM. Noory nor anybody else connected to the show has any pride in what they're doing, just a nice paycheck with zero pressure because there are no ratings.

The audience is old, most don't even know what a podcast is. All they need is a human voice in the middle of the night. I have always listened to overnight talk radio, there are incredible podcasts but I for whatever reason like to listen to live voices in the stillness of the night. Noory makes it impossible on most nights. If Noory dropped dead I wonder who they'd select to take over. It would be quite the pay raise for any of Knapp, Punnett and Syrett.

Listening to Red Eye Radio right now, the hosts are slightly more intelligent and informed than Noory but damn they suck.
So true.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6001 on: May 27, 2022, 12:52:26 AM »
they're all too stupid to understand that Ian doesn't want them calling in with their regular bullshit Noory only enables because he's a lazy fucker and the regulars eat up a lot of air time.

Mike the Millennial at least got it, he hasn't called in during a Punnett show since Ian scolded him and told him to grow a pair and go do his own podcast rather than hijacking Coast to do his own little show.
I hope he got something going.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6002 on: May 27, 2022, 12:57:14 AM »
I envision this being front and center…. (No, @Sofia this isn’t George in his youth, George was born with his mustache) ...
@GravitySucks I have a pic of him in his 20s from the Coast website.  Looks just as patronizing then as he sounds now. But I'm afraid to use the Mona Lisa because forum owners don't seem to like that?  And I don't know how else to do it.  One time, what's him name in the other old forum got really angry at me for using the Mona Lisa.

I'll listen to parts of the show tonight but I really can't support Snorway until he mitigates his Newsmax racist rant "Sports are Good for America!"  It's very insulting to Native Americans and African Americans.  I have a little Native DNA as well as a little African DNA so it offends me even more.  Snorway, fix your racist article.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6003 on: May 27, 2022, 02:02:01 AM »
I can't stand this song.  Things like darkest night, going astray, storms and crying do not belong in a late night radio show which claims to be committed to avoiding controversy and shock jocking.  Snorway's angst is as bad as a shock jock.

George, I don't care what you believe.  And you very obviously don't give a damn what I think because I've asked you to give your angst to yourself.  You should be decent and refrain from giving listeners angst.  If you want to start your own angst venue, by all means do it.  But stop inflicting it on Coast.  I resent hearing about darkest night, going astray, storms and crying in your song "I believe" tonight.  And last night, "Keep your head up" was as condescending as usual, which I've mentioned many times to you here and in Insider emails.  Fuck you George.  I can't stand you.  You just don't care about listener's preferences.  You impose and inflict your hangups on those around you.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #6004 on: May 27, 2022, 06:26:20 AM »
Where did you hear $1M/year?  I've never seen any word of more than $500K, around 2018.  I doubt it's doubled!  But, let me know if you find where you saw that because I'm very curious.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-djs/george-noory-net-worth/#:~:text=George%20Noory%20Net%20Worth%20and,Channel%20series%20%22Ancient%20Aliens%22.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6005 on: May 27, 2022, 06:25:04 PM »
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-djs/george-noory-net-worth/#:~:text=George%20Noory%20Net%20Worth%20and,Channel%20series%20%22Ancient%20Aliens%22.
Hmmm...     
It goes on to say, "... we also incorporate ... feedback received from the celebrities ... unless otherwise indicated they are only estimates ..." 

What I saw was $500K approximately 7 years ago and I just don't think salaries have doubled.  Premiere Networks completed bankruptcy, Snorway and his supervisor Lisa Lyon have been doing paid journalism on the side.  Yeah, don't believe everything you read. He probably submitted "feedback" to the cite.

That said, $500k is pretty impressive in itself.  I am so tired of poverty.  Computers replaced secretaries, India and the Caribbean replaced U.S. call centers, unions went downhill, and so many women have really been struggling, especially since 2008. 

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #6006 on: May 27, 2022, 07:40:27 PM »
Last night Noory kept telling a caller about "ectoplasm"
I got the feeling the only information Noory had on ectoplasm he learned from watching the old Ghostbuster movies. :)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #6007 on: May 27, 2022, 07:44:16 PM »
Hmmm...     
It goes on to say, "... we also incorporate ... feedback received from the celebrities ... unless otherwise indicated they are only estimates ..." 

What I saw was $500K approximately 7 years ago and I just don't think salaries have doubled.  Premiere Networks completed bankruptcy, Snorway and his supervisor Lisa Lyon have been doing paid journalism on the side.  Yeah, don't believe everything you read. He probably submitted "feedback" to the cite.

That said, $500k is pretty impressive in itself.  I am so tired of poverty.  Computers replaced secretaries, India and the Caribbean replaced U.S. call centers, unions went downhill, and so many women have really been struggling, especially since 2008.

You asked for my source, I provided it.  Believe it or not, it's up to you.  My point remains, a local/podcast host hired to take over a nationally syndicated, over-the-air program is going to make significantly more money than he/she had ever made in radio.  In this case, IHeart (or whoever they are these days) could get a (hopefully) competent host for much less than they pay George, whatever his salary.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #6008 on: May 27, 2022, 07:45:39 PM »
Louise the reincarnation of Cleopatra called in again last night, but she couldn't remember where "her" (Cleopatra) tomb was...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6009 on: May 27, 2022, 07:50:31 PM »
Louise the reincarnation of Cleopatra called in again last night, but she couldn't remember where "her" (Cleopatra) tomb was...

You know, they could answer her call during a commercial or news break and talk to her without having to make the country listen to the bullshit...
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #6010 on: May 27, 2022, 07:57:15 PM »
For this weekend its a Connie Willis double feature hosting Fri and Sun night and Lisa Garr hosting Sat night :o

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #6011 on: May 27, 2022, 08:06:10 PM »
For this weekend its a Connie Willis double feature hosting Fri and Sun night and Lisa Garr hosting Sat night :o

Wow is a Noory’s Angels weekend.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6012 on: May 29, 2022, 09:01:21 PM »

I listened to 5 minutes of each of these women's shows, they are both an embarrassment to the female gender. They are the Marianas Trench of radio, the lowest it can reach. Cunny Willis is trailer trash stupid, Lee Cigar not really any better.

And I see Cunty is hosting again tonight, the FCC should step in and threaten to cancel the license of any radio station that airs Coast to Coast.

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #6013 on: May 29, 2022, 10:57:16 PM »
Don’t listen to the show except Knapp. But I thought Jimmy church was going to take over more of the show as Noory continued to age and duck out of Friday’s more and more. But then he departed, who is the backup of option if Noory needs replaced? I doubt Noory is going to keep doing full time more than a couple of years if that.

Punnet? I don’t think wants and more than he is already doing. Same for Knapp

Syrett? Maybe. Right now he looks like only option. He’s better than Noory but I probably still wouldn’t listen.

I don’t think willis or Garr are viable options.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6014 on: May 29, 2022, 11:12:30 PM »
Don’t listen to the show except Knapp. But I thought Jimmy church was going to take over more of the show as Noory continued to age and duck out of Friday’s more and more. But then he departed, who is the backup of option if Noory needs replaced? I doubt Noory is going to keep doing full time more than a couple of years if that.

Punnet? I don’t think wants and more than he is already doing. Same for Knapp

Syrett? Maybe. Right now he looks like only option. He’s better than Noory but I probably still wouldn’t listen.

I don’t think willis or Garr are viable options.

@nooryisawesome

The obvious replacement is sitting in a Martinez, California apartment. Although I hear he may not want to give up his monthly government check. Damn trolls won't stop him!

It wouldn't be surprising if they went after somebody like a Tim Pool or Nick Rekieta (any other wannabe Joe Rogans?) to do a simulcast. They would really not do anything special, just sharing an already existing program. I see a lot more of that in sports talk right now and even people simulcasting like Dan Bongino.

The C2C format is well worn and, let's face it, his audience isn't in the valuable demographic range.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it or abandoned it, either way, PremSuck sucks.
Eh, nevermind...