Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838555 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #10005 on: January 26, 2024, 12:17:11 AM »
Cornelius called in last night late in the show and told about he recently signed up for Social Security and refused to let them do direct deposit of payments to his bank account.  Instead he has to wait for them to mail him a prepaid debit card...

He needs the card because no sane bank would give him one.  He'll blow it on Onlyfans!

Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #10006 on: January 26, 2024, 04:51:22 AM »
Cornelius called in last night late in the show and told about he recently signed up for Social Security and refused to let them do direct deposit of payments to his bank account.  Instead he has to wait for them to mail him a prepaid debit card...
I would be surprised if he has a bank account.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10007 on: January 26, 2024, 07:09:02 AM »
I would be surprised if he has a bank account.

Good point. He might be the only person, aside from Falkie, who practices Sendanomics. He just seems like one of those people...
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #10008 on: January 26, 2024, 07:42:54 AM »
Good point. He might be the only person, aside from Falkie, who practices Sendanomics. He just seems like one of those people...

Several years ago I read an article on line by a guy who claimed if you insisted on it, government agencies had to pay any money due you in "legal tender."  It was based on some old, obscure law passed as a result of the banks failures during the Great Depression.  I remember thinking pennies are legal tender.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10009 on: January 26, 2024, 08:22:54 AM »

Cornie always keeps at least $15 in his account, and is concerned if he gives them the routing number they may one day reach in and clean him out.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10010 on: January 28, 2024, 09:02:07 AM »
I do listen with Richard Syrett and George Knapp, but not Norry.  It has been several years since I have heard Norry's voice over the airwaves.  Friday, I heard an advertisement for Coast and Norry' spoke.  I could not believe that was the same person.  It is very weak and ordinary. I don't know if it might be the reception on the radio channel, but it was markedly different.  It really made me stop and take notice of the different in his vocal presentation. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10011 on: January 28, 2024, 09:08:14 AM »
I do listen with Richard Syrett and George Knapp, but not Norry.  It has been several years since I have heard Norry's voice over the airwaves...

After I stopped listening to Coast, it was quite unsettling to turn on an episode of Ancient Aliens and hear his voice.  The first time it happened I was in the kitchen so I heard him but didn't see him.  It was awful.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10012 on: January 28, 2024, 09:24:25 AM »
sNoory now has the voice of a sick geezer.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10013 on: January 28, 2024, 05:56:13 PM »
For that projectile company ad he does, he uses a five syllable word. It sounds so unnatural. He doesn't know any words that big, I bet they had them recorded phonetically and edit it together.

Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #10014 on: January 30, 2024, 11:46:20 PM »

I listened to Noory last night, something going on there. His voice sounds old and weak. I posted not long ago that during an interview he was going to ask a question and nothing came out for a good while. His voice now sometimes for no apparent reason becomes a whisper, it happened last night, really weird. If he was just battling some respiratory thing you'd think he'd say so.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #10015 on: January 31, 2024, 07:01:40 AM »
I listened to Noory last night, something going on there. His voice sounds old and weak. I posted not long ago that during an interview he was going to ask a question and nothing came out for a good while. His voice now sometimes for no apparent reason becomes a whisper, it happened last night, really weird. If he was just battling some respiratory thing you'd think he'd say so.

A legendary sports play-by-play guy in Cincinnati had to give up radio due to a condition known as spasmodic dysphonia.  Noory sounds alot like the local guy late in his radio career. I'm not a big Noory fan, but I'd not wish this on anyone.

https://www.uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/ear-nose-throat/spasmodic-dysphonia#:~:text=Spasmodic%20dysphonia%20(SD)%20is%20a,breathy%2C%20whispery%20or%20strangled%20quality.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #10016 on: January 31, 2024, 08:03:00 AM »
A legendary sports play-by-play guy in Cincinnati had to give up radio due to a condition known as spasmodic dysphonia.  Noory sounds alot like the local guy late in his radio career. I'm not a big Noory fan, but I'd not wish this on anyone.

https://www.uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/ear-nose-throat/spasmodic-dysphonia#:~:text=Spasmodic%20dysphonia%20(SD)%20is%20a,breathy%2C%20whispery%20or%20strangled%20quality.

I wish him well too. Just want him to go away. Dude is in his 70's.  Del Boca Vista retirement time.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10017 on: January 31, 2024, 09:04:04 AM »
I actually caught his sudden ending of the interview with Ra-O-Vac to which she sounded surprised that it was ending right then and there and he went into a recording for the last, what, 25 minutes...

His live reads of commercials seem the worst. Almost like he's unable to pronounce or doesn't know what he's reading until it's flashed right in front of him. Who knows, maybe his live reads are recorded. Still...

Dying, slowly, on air might be PremSuck's new way to boost ratings after Rush Limbaugh had his ups and downs on air.

By the way, I had to listen to Cornholio twice yesterday! Working on a car, I heard the replay of that assholes appearance from the day before then he showed up last night.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10018 on: January 31, 2024, 12:50:15 PM »
By the way, I had to listen to Cornholio twice yesterday! Working on a car, I heard the replay of that assholes appearance from the day before then he showed up last night.
Yep Cornelius called in last night for the first guest a psychic healer.
He complained that lately he can't move around without lots of pain or something and hasn't been able to change his clothes or take a shower for weeks - so he said his feet are smelling bad!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10019 on: January 31, 2024, 03:16:21 PM »
...and stuff.
Eh, nevermind...