Author Topic: I'm to be a Nielsen -- again!  (Read 1910 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
I'm to be a Nielsen -- again!
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:11:08 PM »
I've been a respondent in A.C. Nielsen's radio diary surveys several times in my life, about a decade apart, and one of those times is coming up again.  And now they want Webcasts as well as actual radio radio.

In the past decade or so I've also been a respondent in Nielsen's PineCone Research surveys.  I can't tell you what they're about, because they're confidential, but the fact that I'm a respondent isn't.  Still, they'll tell you plenty at https://www.pineconeresearch.com .

Same day I got notice in the mail of selection for the radio diaries, I was surveyed by phone by Marist College.  I was the youngest male member of the household willing to answer.  I'm one of two here; he's 63, I'm 64.  Had he been willing to answer, I'm sure his opinions on Trump etc. would've been very different from mine.

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: I'm to be a Nielsen -- again!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 11:10:56 PM »
Sounds very cool, Robert.  I'm checking out the link!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »
Oh, yes, I want in!!  I will wait until I see an opportunity!

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:13:25 PM »
Pinecone must have a 'bot searching the nets for mentions, because today I got a reminder-of-our-confidentiality-agreement e-mail, probably sent to all their panelists named Robert.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 12:06:31 AM »
I've been a respondent in A.C. Nielsen's radio diary surveys several times in my life, about a decade apart, and one of those times is coming up again.  And now they want Webcasts as well as actual radio radio.

In the past decade or so I've also been a respondent in Nielsen's PineCone Research surveys.  I can't tell you what they're about, because they're confidential, but the fact that I'm a respondent isn't.  Still, they'll tell you plenty at https://www.pineconeresearch.com .

Same day I got notice in the mail of selection for the radio diaries, I was surveyed by phone by Marist College.  I was the youngest male member of the household willing to answer.  I'm one of two here; he's 63, I'm 64.  Had he been willing to answer, I'm sure his opinions on Trump etc. would've been very different from mine.
  Tell your life partner to get involved.  People like him are the reason great TV shows get canceled.  Anybody remember The Montefuscos? Need I say more?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »
Sounds very cool, Robert.  I'm checking out the link!

Slo Jo!  Where you been?  Still  in that half way house with the crazies?  I hope not.  That shit is catching.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 08:52:02 PM »
Sorry...I just realized the "again" is bogus.  Before, it was always Arbitron that I'd been surveyed by -- diaries for radio, but also phone surveys for music.  I got mixed up because of my status as a Neilsen respondent for their Pinecone surveys.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 01:25:43 AM »
Slo Jo!  Where you been?  Still  in that half way house with the crazies?  I hope not. ...
It was an alcoholic family, not a halfway house!  I found a ride out of there there in July.  Sacrificed $600 in stuff and $300 in emergency food just to take the ride and GTFO.  Forgot my shrinking violet and brand new blackout drapes.  Sacrificed a killer blender and two killer frying pans!  But  I don't miss the drama or pitbull(s).  Some days I do miss some of the good times.

Like playing laser light with the drop-off tabby tomcat or making the sourpuss old lady smile.  Seeing the handsome first responders always dropping by.  Visiting the alcoholic in the nice hospital (was kinda hoping to get free meals out of that!).  Taking my cat out to the sunny, fenced deck.  Getting back at the klepto.  Watching the klepto get back at her mom.  Watching the neighborhood dogs and birds.

The family claimed they were being evicted.  As bad as the dude was, he never laid a hand on me but a new lady did three times, and usually while she was blacked out.  Glad I was able to move.

This new place only averages drama once per week, so far, a vast improvement.  There is still a nice backyard! My 18-year old cat is generally very happy.  Things are much quieter. The job market has turned out to be not much better though.

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 03:53:31 AM »
Sorry...I just realized the "again" is bogus.  Before, it was always Arbitron that I'd been surveyed by -- diaries for radio, but also phone surveys for music.  I got mixed up because of my status as a Neilsen respondent for their Pinecone surveys.

is there any remuneration for participating?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »
is there any remuneration for participating?
I don't remember what it was last for Arbitron.  Nielsen sent each of us to-be-respondents $1 in advance.  Don't know if more's coming on completion.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 10:20:55 PM »
Seems to be they only recruit when they want to.

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 03:58:24 AM »
It was an alcoholic family, not a halfway house!  I found a ride out of there there in July.  Sacrificed $600 in stuff and $300 in emergency food just to take the ride and GTFO.  Forgot my shrinking violet and brand new blackout drapes.  Sacrificed a killer blender and two killer frying pans!  But  I don't miss the drama or pitbull(s).  Some days I do miss some of the good times.

Like playing laser light with the drop-off tabby tomcat or making the sourpuss old lady smile.  Seeing the handsome first responders always dropping by.  Visiting the alcoholic in the nice hospital (was kinda hoping to get free meals out of that!).  Taking my cat out to the sunny, fenced deck.  Getting back at the klepto.  Watching the klepto get back at her mom.  Watching the neighborhood dogs and birds.

The family claimed they were being evicted.  As bad as the dude was, he never laid a hand on me but a new lady did three times, and usually while she was blacked out.  Glad I was able to move.

This new place only averages drama once per week, so far, a vast improvement.  There is still a nice backyard! My 18-year old cat is generally very happy.  Things are much quieter. The job market has turned out to be not much better though.

I'm glad you got out.  You (and your kitty) deserve better.  :D

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »
Ah yes, the super inaccurate measurement of listener/viewership.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 06:25:44 PM »
I tend to turn on DMDN at 9P Eastern, then wake up some time during the night (maybe 4A) to turn it off.  Lady at Nielsen says to record only the time I know I'm awake.

I used to sometimes wake up for a fairly long period in the middle of the night to hear the radio, but recently I've noticed I'm awake only long enough to go to the bathroom & back.  Probably too short a time to even try noting for the diary.  I'm sleeping more & enjoying it less.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »

Damn, Monica, that is rough.