Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581638 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #4065 on: August 07, 2021, 01:05:28 PM »
It’s been a long year since I started working on my tipi grounds in the woods. I had a vision that I was going to build a place in my woods to host Native American healing ceremonies. Originally my plan was to just plan one for April 8, 2024 when we will have a total eclipse of the sun and my woods will be in the middle of it. Well not exactly the middle but still within the totality zone. I had the realization that if I didn’t plan something much sooner I would be much too old to work on it as 2024 approached. I was 64 at the time. In 2024 I will turn 69.

I started one year ago. I hadn’t held an axe or a chainsaw in at least 5 years. I began getting myself in shape and used to working in the Texas heat by splitting 5’ long oak logs to have the wood we would need for the fireplace in the first tipi. It was very slow going at first but I kept at it. Then I found where it just felt right to build my tipi pad. Trouble was it had about 35 oak and Cedar trees standing there. It took me about 5 months to cut down all the trees, trim and burn the slash and haul the best logs to a sawmill to get lumber for shelves, furniture and a deck. I have enough cedar deck boards to build a 14’x24’ deck.

A Navajo elder in New Mexico sewed my tipi cover. I got my 30’ long tipi poles from Wisconsin. I picked up my tipi in March on my drive back from a ski trip in Colorado. I have been anxious about seeing the tipi standing in its rightful spot. During the week I mentioned that I wanted to put it up to check it out. He and his wife volunteered to help me.

I still have a lot of work to do in order to ready to host the first ceremony this October but I have new joy in my heart and spirit seeing the tipi all set up.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am leaving it up for a few days because it is a good place to sit and meditate about what else needs to be done to be ready.

I can see the craigslist ad now "native American teepee for rent. Do your lover in a genuine teepee $80/hour to fuck like a native."

🙄🙄🙄

I admit it, I am a capitalist pig.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4066 on: August 07, 2021, 02:05:47 PM »
Looks nice.  Are you inviting Heather?
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4067 on: August 07, 2021, 02:21:51 PM »
It’s been a long year since I started working on my tipi grounds in the woods. I had a vision that I was going to build a place in my woods to host Native American healing ceremonies. Originally my plan was to just plan one for April 8, 2024 when we will have a total eclipse of the sun and my woods will be in the middle of it. Well not exactly the middle but still within the totality zone. I had the realization that if I didn’t plan something much sooner I would be much too old to work on it as 2024 approached. I was 64 at the time. In 2024 I will turn 69.

I started one year ago. I hadn’t held an axe or a chainsaw in at least 5 years. I began getting myself in shape and used to working in the Texas heat by splitting 5’ long oak logs to have the wood we would need for the fireplace in the first tipi. It was very slow going at first but I kept at it. Then I found where it just felt right to build my tipi pad. Trouble was it had about 35 oak and Cedar trees standing there. It took me about 5 months to cut down all the trees, trim and burn the slash and haul the best logs to a sawmill to get lumber for shelves, furniture and a deck. I have enough cedar deck boards to build a 14’x24’ deck.

A Navajo elder in New Mexico sewed my tipi cover. I got my 30’ long tipi poles from Wisconsin. I picked up my tipi in March on my drive back from a ski trip in Colorado. I have been anxious about seeing the tipi standing in its rightful spot. During the week I mentioned that I wanted to put it up to check it out while talking to a neighbor. He and his wife volunteered to help me. They worked hard. I rewarded them with a dozen fresh homemade tamales.

I still have a lot of work to do in order to ready to host the first ceremony this October but I have new joy in my heart and spirit seeing the tipi all set up.

I am leaving it up for a few days because it is a good place to sit and meditate about what else needs to be done to be ready.

Grab some chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, korma, naan and vindaloo and sit in the middle of your fancy tent and scream I AM EATING INDIAN FOOD!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4068 on: August 07, 2021, 02:39:07 PM »
AirTPnB... 

Just remember to update your insurance. On top of having events there, it may also provide a draw for wayward youth to come and cause problems.

Congratulations and have a lot of good results from it.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4069 on: August 07, 2021, 02:42:16 PM »
Grab some chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, korma, naan and vindaloo and sit in the middle of your fancy tent and scream I AM EATING INDIAN FOOD!

He's in Texas:

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4070 on: August 07, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »
He's in Texas:

Bairyn enjoys Cowboy Kent and his biscuits and gravy recipe.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4071 on: August 07, 2021, 03:43:44 PM »
Bairyn enjoys Cowboy Kent and his biscuits and gravy recipe.

His stuff always looks so good!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4072 on: August 07, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »
I need to figure out how to have one of those visions like Gravity had. 

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #4073 on: August 07, 2021, 03:53:32 PM »
I need to figure out how to have one of those visions like Gravity had.

I thought you had visions while replicating the Falkie lifestyle.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4074 on: August 07, 2021, 05:17:18 PM »
I thought you had visions while replicating the Falkie lifestyle.

Those were visions of my pulling an Elvis and dying on the head while straining at a clogged, processed food laced stool. I want a vision, where I come into some dough, liquidate everything, quit this bullshit I work at and buy this lighthouse.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/38741-Jacobs-St-Lake-Linden-MI-49945/2129928682_zpid/

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4075 on: August 07, 2021, 06:18:35 PM »

And pass up acorns and squirrel stew?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4076 on: August 07, 2021, 07:41:47 PM »

A Navajo elder in New Mexico sewed my tipi cover. I got my 30’ long tipi poles from Wisconsin. I picked up my tipi in March on my drive back from a ski trip in Colorado. I have been anxious about seeing the tipi standing in its rightful spot. During the week I mentioned that I wanted to put it up to check it out while talking to a neighbor. He and his wife volunteered to help me. They worked hard. I rewarded them with a dozen fresh homemade tamales.

Fantastic! Are you happy with it?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4077 on: August 07, 2021, 08:36:53 PM »
@GravitySucks  Tipi, also tepee or teepee, looks great.  You mentioned rewarding your neighbors with fresh tamales.  Did you make these?  Nonetheless I love tamales and I wish to procure some.  I used to work at a Tex-Mex restaurant that was family owned and the grandparents would come up from Corpus Christi and bring the tamales they made.  I easily could eat 10 of them.

By the way, I do recall the pics of the cedar planks.  I would so love to make some shelves, or a bookcase out of them. 

Anyway, I am glad you're feeling good about having it all set up and the impending ceremony.  You know I'm being sincere.  Cheers to you sir.  :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4078 on: August 07, 2021, 08:40:27 PM »
@GravitySucks  Tipi, also tepee or teepee, looks great.  You mentioned rewarding your neighbors with fresh tamales.  Did you make these?  Nonetheless I love tamales and I wish to procure some.  I used to work at a Tex-Mex restaurant that was family owned and the grandparents would come up from Corpus Christi and bring the tamales they made.  I easily could eat 10 of them.

By the way, I do recall the pics of the cedar planks.  I would so love to make some shelves, or a bookcase out of them. 

Anyway, I am glad you're feeling good about having it all set up and the impending ceremony.  You know I'm being sincere.  Cheers to you sir.  :)

How are you doing?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4079 on: August 07, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »
How are you doing?

I am fine. @anniem  Thank you for asking.  :-*  Somedays it's a mixed bag because I get a little unstable at times.   ;)  I hope you are well.