Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 588680 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread --Bah Humbug?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2018, 06:55:11 AM »
Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!
'Cause it is my favorite holiday

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2018, 06:58:51 AM »
I have no advise. I am a very lucky person in this life. I had my troubles in this life. However, my Christmas holidays are wonderful. You had an interesting childhood. Every person has their own story of life. I am sad to learn that you did not have the magic of Christmas growing up. Religions has done so much harm to so many people. With that being said. I grew up with the magic of Christmas. My family and friends will stop over Christmas Eve. Food, gifts, drinks and church are on my list. Christmas morning at my home, again more family, gifts and breakfast. Christmas Dinner at my brother’s home. Lots of meat, drinks, gifts and fun. Christmas night, back to my home…more family, gifts, food and drinks. Maybe some live music will be played in my kitchen. Late Christmas night, a visit to Cousin Joe’s home to visit with more friends/family.
December 26th—sleeping most of the day. This year, for a change I have a cute small live tree. I am trying to make this Christmas less crazy. Wish you and yours a Christmas that has some magic in it.

That sounds like a good Christmas!

I’d like to have a few Christmasses like that I think!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2018, 07:07:25 AM »
There is no contact or talk between the two factions, any talk about the other faction is met with tantrums. No attempts made to draw into one side or another, and I don’t take kindly to attempts as they have found out. Last time they were in the same room was my dad’s funeral and there was no speaking to one another then either.

Prior to that was the hospital when my dad died, I was there with my mum and two sisters, the other sister turned up when I had rung and he had passed and she refused to come into the room until my other two sisters had left.

It’s childish and ridiculous. I leave them to it at this point. Life is too short to be like this to one another, but they are all as stubborn as me so it’s no wonder we have this impasse.

It is childish.  People can be amazing in their pettiness at times.  I'm sorry that things are that way for you.  Seems as if you have taken the best possible course.

My Father was number 13 of 14 in a family raised during the Great Depression with a womanizing, alcoholic for a Father.  I never did understand all the Entente's, Alliance's and Sphere's of Influence in that mess.  I'm not sure that old Bismarck himself could have navigated in that multi-polar microcosm of the Congress of Vienna.  The Old Man took the sensible course and just did his own thing, which seems like what you are doing.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »
A Christmas Song for @DynamoHum

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2018, 07:20:43 AM »
A Christmas Song for @DynamoHum

Jesus you have been to my house!! LOL
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2018, 07:41:06 AM »
Jesus you have been to my house!! LOL
"The Season's Upon Us". Fun video that captures some of the Christmas Holiday and the craziness. At this point in time, in my home, things never get too crazy, since we have small children standing by and watching the adults. We try to keep Christmas as a day of magic. However, at cousin Joe's home things get very crazy. It is the end of a long day and now most of us are drunk. One Christmas night gathering at cousin Joe's, my young nephew got stinking drunk at the kitchen table. Around 5:30 am, he started to vomit. Due to his inexperience, he did not run to the bathroom. He vomited on top of the dog's head. The dog, Sofia was shocked. Sofia started to run around the kitchen and shaking the vomit off her head and body. Everyone in the room was hit by the flying vomit. We all started running away from Sofia and the vomit.  End of this true story.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2018, 07:50:58 AM »
Please don’t think I am upset about it all .. I am not it’s just how it is :) Baileys certainly helps :) Every family is pretty dysfunctional in one way or another aren’t they :)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2018, 08:02:19 AM »
It is childish.  People can be amazing in their pettiness at times.  I'm sorry that things are that way for you.  Seems as if you have taken the best possible course.

My Father was number 13 of 14 in a family raised during the Great Depression with a womanizing, alcoholic for a Father.  I never did understand all the Entente's, Alliance's and Sphere's of Influence in that mess.  I'm not sure that old Bismarck himself could have navigated in that multi-polar microcosm of the Congress of Vienna.  The Old Man took the sensible course and just did his own thing, which seems like what you are doing.
The only sensible course is to do your own thing. Rise up over the sorrows in life. My father was #9 of 10 children. Also raised during the depression era. He came from a humble family with strong family ties. He has passed over. However, his great love for his family lives on. He has 2 great grand children names after him. Photo of my Dad as a child with his parents.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2018, 08:07:20 AM »
Please don’t think I am upset about it all .. I am not it’s just how it is :) Baileys certainly helps :) Every family is pretty dysfunctional in one way or another aren’t they :)
YES!. We are only human and not prefect.  In my family the number one rule is don't disagree with each other. If you disagree either stay quiet or talk it out face to face privately. Number two rule--if you are going to vomit--do it in the bathroom.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »
YES!. We are only human and not prefect.  In my family the number one rule is don't disagree with each other. If you disagree either stay quiet or talk it out face to face privately. Number two rule--if you are going to vomit--do it in the bathroom.

My nephew used to get very car sick, he was about 7 or 8 on a rather long car ride and thought he was going to be sick. Suffice to say he got a physics 101 about velocity of liquids out the window of a moving vehicle and learnt quickly which way to face.....
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2018, 08:35:31 AM »
My nephew used to get very car sick, he was about 7 or 8 on a rather long car ride and thought he was going to be sick. Suffice to say he got a physics 101 about velocity of liquids out the window of a moving vehicle and learnt quickly which way to face.....
On, I can only imagine this learning of physics 101. One more vomit rule. Do not vomit into your brother's coat pocket. As children, my brothers and I were visiting an elderly couple who had given us stale candy. My younger brother started to vomit and did not know where the bathroom was. So he open our brother's coat pocket and vomited the stale candy into the pocket.  It turned out to be a bad move.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
Wondering if anyone has watched the British documentary television series "History Cold Case"?  In one of the episodes the team seek to put a name and face to a 19th-century female found in a pauper's grave in Cross Bones, London. Cross Bones is a disused post-medieval burial ground. This TV series only lasted 2 years. "SAD". I watch it on youtube and each episode does not disappoint.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!
'Cause it is my favorite holiday

I love this song! It's my Christmas song. It gets played every Christmas morning. Thanks, @FISH . Christmas came early this year 😺
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
I love this song! It's my Christmas song. It gets played every Christmas morning. Thanks, @FISH . Christmas came early this year 😺
Your welcome. Thanks for putting up this subject. I love this song, too.  I also love Pee Wee Herman. However, I can only watch his shows/movies so many time. Over in the Drama subject, it seems that the facebook banned one is letting his stream off over there. It has the Pee Wee Herman feel to it.
Pee-wee: I know you are but what am I?
Francis: You're a nerd!
Francis: You're an idiot!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »
Your welcome. Thanks for putting up this subject. I love this song, too.  I also love Pee Wee Herman. However, I can only watch his shows/movies so many time. Over in the Drama subject, it seems that the facebook banned one is letting his stream off over there. It has the Pee Wee Herman feel to it.
Francis: You're a nerd!
Francis: You're an idiot!

I thought for a moment that was a conversation someone had with miller