Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581127 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:28 PM »
Not next weekend.

Maybe if you took better care of your lawns and floors your lipstick wouldn't have become "patchy" by the end of the day. Hmm? Only way you'll learn.

I don't have a lawn. But noted! :)
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
I've recently tried Maybelline "super stay matte ink liquid lipstick". Absolutely love it. It stayed on through two greasy meals (pasta and curry) and after nine hours, it was only a bit patchy towards the inside.

I asked my eye doctor what mascara she would recommend, she said Blinc Mascara. It forms little tubes around each lash. All you need to remove them is warm water, they just slide off.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002A9JONI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »
Best thing evar!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2019, 08:58:51 AM »
While looking for a cool cat pick for @Spookcat 's medal I upon this story

Cry “Havoc!” and Let Slip the Cats of War 
 In more recent times, cats and dogs have been banned from Naval vessels, but they are still valuable on land. In 2004, a tiny Egyptian Mau kitten wandered into U.S. Army headquarters in Iraq. Dubbed PFC [Private First Class] Hammer, he became a ratter, morale booster, and important stress reliever to the soldiers. When the battalion was set to ship back to Colorado, Staff Sgt. Rick Bousfield contacted Alley Cat Allies and Military Mascots for help in getting PFC Hammer back to the States. PFC Hammer was vetted and quarantined before traveling to Colorado Springs, where he took up permanent residence with Staff Sgt. Bousfield. When Hammer was being carried to Bousfield, he heard Rick’s voice and began purring and kneading the arm of the transporter. As it turns out, he remembered his Army buddy after all.

USA Today adds this:

When Bousfield found out his unit was leaving Iraq in March, he decided he couldn’t leave a member of his team behind.

“He has been through mortar attacks,” said Bousfield, a 19-year Army veteran. “He’d jump and get scared liked the rest of us. He is kind of like one of our own.”

Pfc. Hammer got his name from the unit that adopted him, Team Hammer. Soldiers would tuck Hammer in their body armor during artillery attacks, and in return, Hammer chased mice in the mess hall.

“He was a stress therapist,” Bousfield said. “The guys would come back in tired and stressed. Hammer would come back and bug the heck out of you. He wiped away some worries.”

The kitten earned his rank after nabbing five mice.

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2019, 10:00:18 AM »
While looking for a cool cat pick for @Spookcat 's medal I upon this story

Cry “Havoc!” and Let Slip the Cats of War 
 In more recent times, cats and dogs have been banned from Naval vessels, but they are still valuable on land. In 2004, a tiny Egyptian Mau kitten wandered into U.S. Army headquarters in Iraq. Dubbed PFC [Private First Class] Hammer, he became a ratter, morale booster, and important stress reliever to the soldiers. When the battalion was set to ship back to Colorado, Staff Sgt. Rick Bousfield contacted Alley Cat Allies and Military Mascots for help in getting PFC Hammer back to the States. PFC Hammer was vetted and quarantined before traveling to Colorado Springs, where he took up permanent residence with Staff Sgt. Bousfield. When Hammer was being carried to Bousfield, he heard Rick’s voice and began purring and kneading the arm of the transporter. As it turns out, he remembered his Army buddy after all.

USA Today adds this:

When Bousfield found out his unit was leaving Iraq in March, he decided he couldn’t leave a member of his team behind.

“He has been through mortar attacks,” said Bousfield, a 19-year Army veteran. “He’d jump and get scared liked the rest of us. He is kind of like one of our own.”

Pfc. Hammer got his name from the unit that adopted him, Team Hammer. Soldiers would tuck Hammer in their body armor during artillery attacks, and in return, Hammer chased mice in the mess hall.

“He was a stress therapist,” Bousfield said. “The guys would come back in tired and stressed. Hammer would come back and bug the heck out of you. He wiped away some worries.”

The kitten earned his rank after nabbing five mice.

This reminded me of Operation Baghdad Pups. They have helped bring many dogs and cats, befriended by US military personnel while on deployment, back to the US instead of being abandoned.

https://www.spcai.org/get-involved/military-support/obp-worldwide/

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »
This reminded me of Operation Baghdad Pups. They have helped bring many dogs and cats, befriended by US military personnel while on deployment, back to the US instead of being abandoned.

https://www.spcai.org/get-involved/military-support/obp-worldwide/

Do I smell a new #Clickacy in the air?  :)  Ooops. I think it's just the litter box

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2019, 10:27:11 AM »

Speaking of litter boxes. Why do my cats spend hours playing outside then immediately come in to use the litter box? Only one really prefers the outside. My smart tuxedo

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2019, 10:29:29 AM »
Speaking of tuxedos

"Oooh, TigerLily!" I hear you say, " tell us moar! " OK. If you insist

Did you know about 70% of the cats depicted in ancient Egyptian tombs and arts were tuxedo cats? Yep, Tuxies were the most commonly depicted (and worshipped) cats in ancient Egypt.

It takes most cats one to two weeks to open their eyes after birth. But newborn Tuxies? They open their eyes a whole 24 hours before any other kind of cat.
This may be somewhat difficult to prove, but many people believe tuxedo cats are up to 200% smarter than other kinds of cats. It's unclear whether or not this is the sole opinion of tuxedo cat parents

Tuxedos have magic. It's said that during a vernal or diurnal equinox, tuxedo cats become virtually invisible due to the colors of their coats. Completely disregarding the physics of light and shadow

"Oooh!" The crowd claps with glee. "You are a font of amazing knowledge! Moar, TL. Moar!" Sorry. But I have to blow my nose and hack up some phlegm. And probably clean a litter box.  Read for yourselves. I'm not your personal Siri, you know

https://www.thesprucepets.com/facts-about-tuxedo-cats-554704

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
Speaking of litter boxes. Why do my cats spend hours playing outside then immediately come in to use the litter box? Only one really prefers the outside. My smart tuxedo

How many do you have?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2019, 05:51:08 PM »
Woman under the Scorpio sign are oversexed vengeful hotheads. Beware the scorpion woman ;)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »
How many do you have?

Cats or litter boxes? 3 and 2

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
Cats: 2
Litter boxes: 2
Climbing towers: 5

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:13 PM »
I wasn't paying attention to who was posting, and got really worried about what happened to the third cat in between posts... 😱
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2019, 11:21:55 PM »
Woman under the Scorpio sign are oversexed vengeful hotheads. Beware the scorpion woman ;)
All Scorpio influences are something to take seriously, for sure.  A LOT of Coast to Coast guests have Scorpio influences in their natal charts.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2019, 11:25:57 PM »
Speaking of tuxedos

"Oooh, TigerLily!" I hear you say, " tell us moar! " OK. If you insist

Did you know about 70% of the cats depicted in ancient Egyptian tombs and arts were tuxedo cats? Yep, Tuxies were the most commonly depicted (and worshipped) cats in ancient Egypt.

It takes most cats one to two weeks to open their eyes after birth. But newborn Tuxies? They open their eyes a whole 24 hours before any other kind of cat.
This may be somewhat difficult to prove, but many people believe tuxedo cats are up to 200% smarter than other kinds of cats. It's unclear whether or not this is the sole opinion of tuxedo cat parents

Tuxedos have magic. It's said that during a vernal or diurnal equinox, tuxedo cats become virtually invisible due to the colors of their coats. Completely disregarding the physics of light and shadow

"Oooh!" The crowd claps with glee. "You are a font of amazing knowledge! Moar, TL. Moar!" Sorry. But I have to blow my nose and hack up some phlegm. And probably clean a litter box.  Read for yourselves. I'm not your personal Siri, you know

https://www.thesprucepets.com/facts-about-tuxedo-cats-554704
I grew up with a tuxedo cat.  She seemed very smart.  She never messed in the house, for like 12 years, even though we didn't have a litter box or pet door.  She just found ways in and out, and knew which people came and went at which times, & timed her releases accordingly.  One time, much to my parents' shame, she was stuck in a shut bedroom for something like a week or two while we were on vacation.  She had no water or food.  She survived.  I never saw her kill a bird, but she must have hunted eggs because one time a crow bopped her on the head.