Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 589035 times)

Dwindling Stacks

• Elluminati
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2019, 05:25:41 PM »
Ah, right, my brother is out that way. I prefer cooler weather and miss thunder and lightning rainstorms.
That’s what they were teasing about today was some thunder and lightning but it never happens.  You might get one quick flash and a couple sounds of thunder and that’s about it.  I miss those types of storms especially when the power would go out and I would sit out in my pool table room to watch it come down.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2019, 05:31:23 PM »
That’s what they were teasing about today was some thunder and lightning but it never happens.  You might get one quick flash and a couple sounds of thunder and that’s about it.  I miss those types of storms especially when the power would go out and I would sit out in my pool table room to watch it come down.

I think, let me see, I've been in this state for 30 years now and I remember 2 decent storms like that. Tsk. Nothing like a thunderclap that shakes the house.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2019, 05:32:30 PM »

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2019, 05:33:33 PM »
I've lived out here for most of my life and I automatically head to the shade.

Me too.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2019, 05:37:13 PM »
See how things can change. For so many years at this time of day I frown because the weekend is over.  :'( Now, however, I am counting down and will be all done working. So I currently have a weekday countdown going and tomorrow it starts up again! WHEE

Good Annie! I hope the time passed enjoyably!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »
Good Annie! I hope the time passed enjoyably!

I am feeling optimistic. I have a few more doctor appts. Eye check tomorrow. Derm next week and a chiropracter appt too. Lunch with my friend Lizzy coming up soon and that will be fun! I've never left work never to return before, I wonder how it will be.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2019, 05:40:22 PM »
I think, let me see, I've been in this state for 30 years now and I remember 2 decent storms like that. Tsk. Nothing like a thunderclap that shakes the house.

I like those types of storms too. Scares my newest doggie though. She is terrified at thunder and fireworks. We tried a sedative (Sileo) the vet sold us. It kind of worked on the 4th.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2019, 05:41:23 PM »
I am feeling optimistic. I have a few more doctor appts. Eye check tomorrow. Derm next week and a chiropracter appt too. Lunch with my friend Lizzy coming up soon and that will be fun! I've never left work never to return before, I wonder how it will be.

My cousin said it felt like he was playing hooky. Say hi to Liz!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
I like those types of storms too. Scares my newest doggie though. She is terrified at thunder and fireworks. We tried a sedative (Sileo) the vet sold us. It kind of worked on the 4th.

I thought they have little shirts you can put on the dogs and it somehow calms them. We made a great effort to act like we heard nothing for Boodie's first 4th of July and she is not bothered. The thunder is so rare she will growl at it a bit, but doesn't seems scared.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2019, 05:50:53 PM »
I thought they have little shirts you can put on the dogs and it somehow calms them. We made a great effort to act like we heard nothing for Boodie's first 4th of July and she is not bothered. The thunder is so rare she will growl at it a bit, but doesn't seems scared.

Thundershirt. Doesn't seem to help her. Tried CBD treats too but maybe wasn't strong enough. My other dogs aren't bothered just Molly.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »
Thundershirt. Doesn't seem to help her. Tried CBD treats too but maybe wasn't strong enough. My other dogs aren't bothered just Molly.

What breed is Molly?

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »
What breed is Molly?

Chihuahua mix. She was a rescue dog. Very sweet girl. My other dogs are also Chihuahua mixes and also rescues.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2019, 06:00:15 PM »
Chihuahua mix. She was a rescue dog. Very sweet girl. My other dogs are also Chihuahua mixes and also rescues.

Short or long hair?

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
Short or long hair?

3 short and 1 long. Molly is a short hair. I posted a picture of Andy a while ago.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2019, 06:04:18 PM »
3 short and 1 long. Molly is a short hair. I posted a picture of Andy a while ago.

I'll look in a bit