Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 589636 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #825 on: October 15, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
I'm taking a short break. I just got done chasing three cats and a bird around my house. My tuxedo, the hunter, brought me a present. He is now grounded and very insulted I would treat him this way after being gifted.

All three cats are belled. I don't let them out until after 10 am and get them in by twilight particularly to protect the wild critters. I have them trained with a big canned food breakfast right before they go out and then again when they come in for the evening. I live in the perfect environment for cats to be safe so really don't want to turn them in to inside only cats. But damn.

I eventually caught the poor birdie. Wrapped him in a towel and let him catch his breath. Checked him over then walked him over to the far side of my neighbor's property and let him fly into a tree. Seems ok
Bird 1  Cats 0. This time

#badcat
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #826 on: October 15, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »
I'm taking a short break. I just got done chasing three cats and a bird around my house. My tuxedo, the hunter, brought me a present. He is now grounded and very insulted I would treat him this way after being gifted.

All three cats are belled. I don't let them out until after 10 am and get them in by twilight particularly to protect the wild critters. I have them trained with a big canned food breakfast right before they go out and then again when they come in for the evening. I live in the perfect environment for cats to be safe so really don't want to turn them in to inside only cats. But damn.

I eventually caught the poor birdie. Wrapped him in a towel and let him catch his breath. Checked him over then walked him over to the far side of my neighbor's property and let him fly into a tree. Seems ok
Bird 1  Cats 0. This time

#badcat

Depending on environment, indoor kitties have a longer lifespan.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #827 on: October 15, 2019, 04:28:26 PM »
Depending on environment, indoor kitties have a longer lifespan.

+9

I had three all make it close to 18 being near a trolley line, and heavy traffic (along with evil kids whose parents are equally evil). 

Had a friend who recently lost his baby and the doctor speculated that it was rat poison. Whether it was ingested directly or indirectly, it's a big risk. My rule is to give them windows to look out and an open window, even if just cracked so that they can smell and hear things.  I have one window that is on a ground level which cracks open maybe a quarter of an inch.  I also give them things to chase by throwing their treats all around the house. It gives them their tracking and chasing practice/play.

I don't think I'm making sense, am I?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #828 on: October 15, 2019, 04:32:42 PM »
I was trying to figure out how @KSM’s 6’2” Amazon Goddess managed to sleep on a 4’ round bed.  But I was holding my tongue.
@GravitySucks I have specified many times when posting about Vera, that she, Vera is a dog. Aren't all the Vera's and Gertrude's passed on by now? New bed is 4'6" by the same. Almost not big enough.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #829 on: October 15, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »
I can say with absolute certainty that this new Best Western Plus has fine floors throughout.  Can they arrest me for taking this picture from outside and below the hill? I don't think so.  The electricians are holding everything up thus delaying the grand opening by up to three months!

Hacks!

#Kaboom!! #BurninDownDaHouse

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #830 on: October 15, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
I can say with absolute certainty that this new Best Western Plus has fine floors throughout.  Can they arrest me for taking this picture from outside and below the hill? I don't think so.  The electricians are holding everything up thus delaying the grand opening by up to three months!

Hacks!

#Kaboom!! #BurninDownDaHouse

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Whatever happened to meeting or beating deadlines?

Is it an IBEW issue or are they non-union.
Eh, nevermind...

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #831 on: October 15, 2019, 05:01:11 PM »
+9

I had three all make it close to 18 being near a trolley line, and heavy traffic (along with evil kids whose parents are equally evil). 

Had a friend who recently lost his baby and the doctor speculated that it was rat poison. Whether it was ingested directly or indirectly, it's a big risk. My rule is to give them windows to look out and an open window, even if just cracked so that they can smell and hear things.  I have one window that is on a ground level which cracks open maybe a quarter of an inch.  I also give them things to chase by throwing their treats all around the house. It gives them their tracking and chasing practice/play.

I don't think I'm making sense, am I?

No, not really. Just being honest.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #832 on: October 15, 2019, 05:02:43 PM »
@GravitySucks I have specified many times when posting about Vera, that she, Vera is a dog. Aren't all the Vera's and Gertrude's passed on by now? New bed is 4'6" by the same. Almost not big enough.

All four of my dogs could fit on that.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #833 on: October 15, 2019, 05:55:01 PM »
Whatever happened to meeting or beating deadlines?

Is it an IBEW issue or are they non-union.
Normally with these types of things local electrical outfits are invited to bid on the job, just like I was asked to do. They (Best Western) brought in THEIR OWN GUYS! I have no idea what their contract is about but they do have to meet all local regulations ETC. What I do know is that best western is paying for lodging, food ETC for these guys not to mention whatever they are being paid for the job. One hell of an expensive way to do it. Our deadline was end of this week, we finished last Wednesday. I was originally told the hotel was to open Friday, November 15.  That's not happening.

I no longer care. We're outta there---------->>>>>>

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #834 on: October 15, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
Normally with these types of things local electrical outfits are invited to bid on the job, just like I was asked to do. They (Best Western) brought in THEIR OWN GUYS! I have no idea what their contract is about but they do have to meet all local regulations ETC. What I do know is that best western is paying for lodging, food ETC for these guys not to mention whatever they are being paid for the job. One hell of an expensive way to do it. Our deadline was end of this week, we finished last Wednesday. I was originally told the hotel was to open Friday, November 15.  That's not happening.

I no longer care. We're outta there---------->>>>>>

Happy belated birthday @KSM !
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #835 on: October 15, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
Happy belated birthday @KSM !
@SpookPumpkin Thank you so very much! If I could plus three you I would!

I feel like hell (or Ell) today. A complimentary and delicious dessert after dinner full of sugar and caffeine that kept me up until 5 am rattling around the house with a bottle of scotch.  Fucking idiot, caffeine and sugar at night ??? ::)   Happens every year and I'm just a zombie on the 15th.

Thanks again, sorry for the filibuster

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #836 on: October 15, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »
@SpookPumpkin Thank you so very much! If I could plus three you I would!

I feel like hell (or Ell) today. A complimentary and delicious dessert after dinner full of sugar and caffeine that kept me up until 5 am rattling around the house with a bottle of scotch.  Fucking idiot, caffeine and sugar at night ??? ::)   Happens every year and I'm just a zombie on the 15th.

Thanks again, sorry for the filibuster

pssst happy bday

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #837 on: October 15, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
pssst happy bday
@anniem

i'll have to whisper here     thank you annie.. I was almost asleep but that's ok. thanks again

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #838 on: October 15, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
@anniem

i'll have to whisper here     thank you annie.. I was almost asleep but that's ok. thanks again

@KSM

oh sorry didn't mean to wake you

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #839 on: October 15, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »
@anniem

WAKE UP!