Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581658 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1005 on: October 26, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »
This is an interesting question. I mean that. Not this. This week and next week can mean different things to people. I had a rather heated argument concerning the subject last week. Not this week

Next?
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1006 on: October 26, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pray for Goatse  :'(
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1009 on: October 26, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »
I think everyone is fed up with this time change business. It will happen everywhere soon

California is also going to start schools an hour later. Makes sense with the permanent time change. And lots of studies show students will be more productive in class starting an hour later

Did that study take into consideration such things as after school jobs, homework, meal time and grooming/bathing?  If you start later, you end later.  We'll probably see more kids late for school or missing school because their parents' work schedules will not be changing.  That is, if the state wants the parents to be working.  And, for kids who are habitually late, who knows if they'll start arresting parents like they've done in the past.

To me, it just seems like a time shift. A democrat supermajority "busy work" project. In a few years, they will have a study saying if they started even later they would have more time.  There's always a boogeyman out there and the unintended consequences of slaying it probably be more detrimental than beneficial.

No sacrifices of goats, I say.
Now.
Look at this. I like it except why would there be a fireplace outside???
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/gingerbread-house-10267?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvOviz8u65QIV4iWtBh3_owxzEAEYASABEgKNsfD_BwE&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIvOviz8u65QIV4iWtBh3_owxzEAEYASABEgKNsfD_BwE%3AG%3As&s_kwcid=AL%21790%213%21308907731435%21%21ellgab.com%21d%21%21&Buffer=&cmp=KAC-INI-GOOGUS-GO-US-EN-DS-REBUY-SHOP-DYR-BN-WV-XX

A new Christmas tradition for kids...  Building a Lego gingerbread house...  Humm. Not as fun, nothing to eat while working on it!
Eh, nevermind...

Dwindling Stacks

• Elluminati
« Reply #1010 on: October 26, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »
Is anyone else set to have their power shut off by PG&E today to prevent wildfires?  It’s going to be an interesting weekend.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1011 on: October 26, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »
Well. At least you will be a week ahead of everyone else. According to The Google we change next week

2019       Sun, Nov 3 at 2:00 am         PDT → PST

All three West Coast states have approved staying on Daylight Savings Time all year round. Just winding up the red tape 🐱

I just read a detailed article citing lots of research and data showing that the time changes to daylight time are not so good for our bodies, it screws with our circadian rhythms vs. daylight cycles. We'd be better off just staying on standard time all year round, plus there are no energy savings created by daylight time, which was supposedly the stated purpose of changing times.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1012 on: October 26, 2019, 01:33:35 PM »
Is anyone else set to have their power shut off by PG&E today to prevent wildfires?  It’s going to be an interesting weekend.

Blessings to all our California Ellgabbers and their loved ones, may you all be safe from the fires and winds! And may your power not go out if possible.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1013 on: October 26, 2019, 01:37:07 PM »
Did that study take into consideration such things as after school jobs, homework, meal time and grooming/bathing?  If you start later, you end later.  We'll probably see more kids late for school or missing school because their parents' work schedules will not be changing.  That is, if the state wants the parents to be working.  And, for kids who are habitually late, who knows if they'll start arresting parents like they've done in the past.

To me, it just seems like a time shift. A democrat supermajority "busy work" project. In a few years, they will have a study saying if they started even later they would have more time.  There's always a boogeyman out there and the unintended consequences of slaying it probably be more detrimental than beneficial.

A new Christmas tradition for kids...  Building a Lego gingerbread house...  Humm. Not as fun, nothing to eat while working on it!

Are you sure they would end later? Maybe just less education.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1014 on: October 26, 2019, 01:40:25 PM »

Coworker of mine is. Now people are getting gasolene generators.  :o

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1015 on: October 26, 2019, 01:42:31 PM »

@Aldous Burbank is affected.

@Falkie2013 put out a video saying his county was going dark. But he has plenty of sterno and a book of matches.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1016 on: October 26, 2019, 01:44:12 PM »
Are you sure they would end later? Maybe just less education.

With 72 genders they have to triple up on sex education.
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1017 on: October 26, 2019, 02:14:31 PM »
Vince Gilligan. Of course. I'd never put that together about Breaking Bad.  Which was sooo good. I'm watching Better Call Saul. It's good too but can't quite reach that level of dark magic that Breaking Bad had
I don’t know. However they get rid of Kim will be worse than any BB elimination. Maybe she’ll be Todd’s first hit.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1018 on: October 26, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »
With 72 genders they have to triple up on sex education.

LOL!!

Dwindling Stacks

• Elluminati
« Reply #1019 on: October 26, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
Blessings to all our California Ellgabbers and their loved ones, may you all be safe from the fires and winds! And may your power not go out if possible.
Set to go off at 7:00.  The good thing about it is showing the grandkids things to do that doesn’t require power to entertain them.  Going to the tide pools tomorrow.